NOW I overdid it... (kids mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

NOW I overdid it... (kids mentioned) NOW I overdid it... (kids mentioned)

Unread 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM
NOW I overdid it... (kids mentioned)

Ok so my kids decided 6am today would be the perfect time for world war 3 in my house! I was furious and the fighting/yelling/etc and ended up jumping out of the bed and putting an end to it. DUMB MOVE So now it feels like I pulled something inside near my left incision and started spotting right away... AAARRGGHHH!!!! Now the spotting might just be getting up so quick as I have been spotting still anyway and it's not bright red so I'm not overly concerned. I just feel like I keep backtracking instead of progressing!!! If the vaginal pain doesn't ease up I'm calling the dr today to make sure it's normal too. Someone shoot me now....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2007, 08:58 AM

i kind of did the same thing yesterday. a bee was getting ready to land on me, and i jumped real fast without thinking, and felt something pull and burn inside. also had small amount of spotting.

just take it *super* easy today, meaning, don't get up at all. watch for any more bleeding. if you get really concerned, call the doctor.

i think we'll be fine, as long as we *take it easy!*
Unread 07-13-2007, 09:10 AM

I did that too, I came home from the castle on the 4th of July and decided to sit outside and watch the fireworks. DH set one off that went directly above my head and I ran, OUCH! I felt something pull by my right incision but as long as I don't do too much now it isn't too bad.
I hope you are resting now and I really hope that we can all get back to ourselves soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-13-2007, 06:44 PM

Well called the dr this afternoon, she said to stagger my percocet in between the motrin as needed and I have to be seen Monday. All the drs were gone this afternoon and my dr wont be there Monday so I'll have to see someone else. She's concerned that I was feeling well enough to stop the percocet and now the pain is back w/ a vengeance. From my incisions down hurts. She said if I start running a fever I need to go to the emergency room this weekend so hopefully that won't happen. I was just alking to my dh about how the dr said they would give me antibiotics after the surgery but never did (to our knowledge). Who knows. Hopefully there's no infection!! Argh... get through the next 2 days and we'll see. Thanks ladies for the support!
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM

I overdid as well but at the 5 week mark & now paying for it dearly. Went to formal event in heels & all on Saturday. Begged DH to dance 3 dances & that I would behave. Did but had a moment of too much fun & next day hurt just above pubic line - still very very sore Thursday when I went to scheduled appt. Was told no "muscles" were stitched so even tho it feels like I ripped something ultrsound should no fluid in pelvis. Dr is guessing but hoping I am not getting adhesions. I attribute it all to pulling a ligament or muscle since I apparently couldn't rip any. Anyway back on percocet (it's been 3 good solid weeks without pain meds) & now have to be horizontal. Uggggghhhh PLEASE PLEASE CARE CARE OF YOURSELVES
Unread 07-13-2007, 07:47 PM

Even though I knew I shouldn't I just went and picked up DS from summer camp. We had to walk down a little trail and sat by the fire for a minute and I couldn't take it anymore so we came home. I am now bleeding bright red, I called my doc and he said as long as I am not going passing clots the size of eggs not to worry. How can I not worry? Where is all the blood coming from? Ugh! 2 days of complete bed rest! Why didn't I just listen and take it easy??????
Unread 07-13-2007, 08:06 PM

Zoe "we" didn't listen but we are not used to slowing down. Heck I was feeling pretty darn good (yes annoyed that I wasn't great but) until last Sunday - now I am horizontal as well. I wasn't even horizontial much the 1st week. Was able to tolerate sitting on couch with many pillow but now completly horizontal - at least you are having big cry with someone. Wish I could do more for you
Unread 07-14-2007, 08:46 AM

It is so nice to have someone to talk to that understands. Thank you! DH just says, "I told you so." I am sorry that you are in the same boat, when are we going to be able to do everything again? I thought the 6 weeks seemed like so long but now I am seeing that it is not that far off. I hope you are finding something entertaining to do while horizontal, I am back to my book.
Unread 07-14-2007, 09:19 AM

Please be VERY CAREFUL, sisters. My 4th week of recovery, the top of my incision began to bleed...that is when the fun began. Fluid in stomach, which I had to get drained...then another surgery in January. My surgery in January, I stayed PUT and healed correctly.

Unread 07-14-2007, 09:42 AM

I have felt so great since my surgery. It was so much easier than I expected that I am having a very hard time not overdoing it. I don't always do it intentionally but I always feel it afterward.
This morning DH moved the bed covers and I 'smelled' something rotten. I asked him to look at my incision and one end is red and oozing. So, he cleaned it out with hydrogen peroxide and instructed me to stay in bed. Okay, he left for work so I'm on the computer but I'm going back to bed honest.
I know this is all my fault, but I honestly thought I would feel worse during my recovery and that would automatically force me to do nothing...instead I feel great and don't think twice before doing all these activities.
Next Friday I have a wedding to attend and then I am going to the cottage where the kids have promised me that I don't have to do anything....I'm scared. I don't want to overdo it to the point where I have to go through what pozyak (Kathy) went through, but I know if I don't stop doing all the things I'm doing, I'm going to get into trouble.

Liz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register