Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-16-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3.If you have a question about your own recovery, do not ask it here. Start a new thread!
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at 8 weeks post-op to the HysterSisters Clubhouse forum where you can continue your friendships.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

I'm here! High on morphine and extremely sleepy, but I'm here.

Surgery went great. Had a diagnostic lap done, then the vaginal hysterectomy and bladder sling.

He was able to do the hyst. vaginally as planned. Turns out the endometriosis was mild - he saw a little and said if there is anymore it is microscopic. So that means all the insane pain and clots wasn't really from the endo like I suspected. I did have some fibroids on (in?) my uterus though so he said that was likely a cause of much of he pain. I never knew anything about fibroids before except seeing the word mentioned here.

I'm in my room now, and will likely go home Friday. He said I could probably go tomorrow, but if I wanted to stay I could. I think I'll stay so I can have access to pain management and see how the hormones are going. He's going to put a hormone patch on me tomorrow.

I was nauseaus in the recovery room and for a while once I was moved to my room, but they gave me something for that and it helped. In the recovery room I was in crazy pain - like a 13 on scale of 1-10. I felt like I needed to pee so bad even though I had a cathader in, my lower back was aching like crazy and my thighs hurt like I had been doing squats all day (prolly from being in the stirrups for so long). My tummy was cramping like menstrual cramps too.

They gave me Demerol(?) a couple times and that did NOTHING to help, so then they hooked me up with the morphine drip and once that kicked in an hour later, I was much better.

Now - after being in the room for about 5 hours, my back pain is a 3, my tummy insision (lap) and that area is about a 4 or 5, and my legs are about a 2 if I'm not moving and a 7 if I try to move them. I keep having to have DH pick my legs up and move them if I change positions. LOL

So feeling much better already!!

I can only have clear liquids right now, so they give us a "menu". I just ordered Sprite and GUMMY BEARS! I didn't realize gummy bears counted as a clear liquid, but I'll take it!

I still have the cathader in till tomorrow. I keep trying to talk the nurse into taking it out cuz it's quite annoying. Oh well. I also have big things on my legs that inflate and deflate every few minutes for helping with circulation.

I keep almost falling asleep while typing.

I am in a room by myself! And there is a whole other bed in there for DH to sleep in. We asked if they were going to be putting a roommate in here and they said "oh no! This is YOUR room - you (DH) get to sleep there!" Cool.

ok - gotta go. I keep dozing off with the laptop on my tummy (I'm half laying down) and making lots of typos.

Good luck and speedy recovery to all the other ladies today!
Unread 07-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Surgery yesterday

I had my TVH and anterior repair yesterday 7/18/07. I feel great, better than before the surgery. I had Spinal anesthesia with Duramorph. I had NO pain at all for 24 hours. Then, the pain was no worse than a period. I am quite happy and wished I had done this a long long time ago!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2007, 11:19 AM

Hi! On Monday I had a TAH. They removed both ovaries. I am on an estrogen patch so I am not experiencing any hot flashes or anything, yet. As I said, surgery was Monday morning and I got to go home Wed. morn. The Dr. tempted me with going home on Tuesday evening, but as time grew closer, we both agreed that one more night wouldn't hurt.

I had 3 C-sections, the last one 18 years ago. Because of all the scar tissue from the previous surgeries, I had to have an abdominal. I opted for a spinal anesthesia. This surgery is much more manageable pain-wise, than the C-sections. \

It is good to be home. DH is supportive and DD is a delight. They spell each other over being at my beck and call to retrieve items dropped, help me out of the recliner or laugh over my attempts to maintain my dignity. I am grateful for them

Now if I can only have my first bowel movement, I would feel much better, but passing gas is still a major accomplishment. In fact, it is one that I am unashamedbly proud of.

Hope the rest of you are doing well. I am so glad I have got this far!!
Unread 07-19-2007, 11:40 AM

Hello Everybody,

It's day 2 of my surgery and I'm feeling great. I'm taking short walks and feeling well except for the reaction I had from Morphine. I had a bad headache and itching all over my body and severe nausea and kept throwing up even a sip of water. But today morning, I was able to sip some apple juice and crackers and retain it. I'm feeling great and very active. My catheter was out today and I'm on my oral pain medication.My staples will be removed tomorrow and I'll be sent home. I'm still not able to pass gas even after taking Mylacone and mint tea and prunes and walking. Any suggestions please???

Thank you for all your prayers and wishes.

Mercy
Unread 07-19-2007, 01:09 PM

Well, i'm home from the hospital. I had TAH and cervix BSO. I arrived at the hospital on Tuesday, at 5:45am in which they took me back at 7:00am and i cryed from nerves. The doctor let the family know the progress with periodic phone calls throughout the surgery. I was in my room by 11:00am and in little pain which was minimized by great drugs (morphine pump worked great however it did cause some nausua, after medicated much better). Slept in intervals throughout the day and was groogy but coherant. Wednesday I felt amazinly good and in much less pain. The catheter was a breeze to come out, it didn't hurt at all. The Doctor was amazed at how well i was getting around and said if i continued doing well i would go home the following day. Since i was moving alot of gas and the pain was minimal he allowed me to come home to my recliner and here i sit. I plan on doing alot of sitting, laying around, and getting pampered. Hope everyone does as well as I have and will write more in the next few days.
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:38 PM
This princess is home

Hello all:

i had my lah on wed the 18th at 11:00 was discharged thursday the 19th at 12:00

no pain for the time i was in the hospital, (
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:39 PM
This princess is home

Hello all:

i had my lah on wed the 18th at 11:00 was discharged thursday the 19th at 12:00

no pain for the time i was in the hospital, (i love demoral) i can't take morphine, makes me very sick.

I am on meppergahns now feeling most pain when i get up to go potty.

Best wishes

miss musick
Unread 07-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Home today from 7/17 surgery

Thanks to everyone here for your support! I had trouble with registration previously and I have been lurking in anticipation of my TAH on July 17, Tuesday. I am recovering very well so far. I ended up in recovery until 7pm following an 11:30am surgery because a bed was not available. That was a little uncomfortable to stay on the stretcher for so long although I was in and out with delodin in my IV. Once in my room, I slept a little on and off and just stayed still so I was fine.

On Wednesday morning I was able to get out of bed with no trouble, just minor pain, wash up and sit in a chair or walk around most of the day. I had visitors and was in good shape to receive them. I was not happy with the liquid diet and felt I could have eaten more. Luckily my mother showed up with pretzels from the mall, and I guess it was cheating but I did fine after eating them. Gas pain was not too bad and walking around really takes care of that. Also, a tablet for gas when it's percocet time did the trick. Managing your pain reliever needs to be your problem, and I quickly realized this and counted the 4 hours myself, then requested the meds 30 minutes before. Some nurses are better than others with patient care as in any profession. Since I have a cough that I knew would not be pleasant with an incision, I stashed my own cough medicine and took it when I was ready for oral meds.

Today after I saw my doctor, I showered with no problems and came home. I even took a little walk through the CVS shopping for Gas-X while my DH filled my percocet for home. So far, so good. I am wearing an adominal binder and it really helps. My belly was almost flat immediately after removal of large, multiple fibroids, and now is swollen. I can already tell that bladder function is returning to normal without the big fibroids pressing on it.

Some of what I read here during the previous weeks scared me about pain and recovery, but my experience has been uneventful so far. Because I'm doing so well, I know I need to try not to do too much around the house, and I'll finish this post and get back to bed.

Thanks again to everyone for the support. It was good to know what to take to the hospital, Ipod and chapstick were a must!
Unread 07-20-2007, 04:42 AM

Hello fellow sisters...I had a TAH/BSO on Monday and today I go have my staples removed. I'm still not able to have a BM and long to...I'm so uncomfortable. I look huge & black & blue. I feel pretty good other wise, still stiff when getting up but walking really helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register