Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 100 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hey, Ladies! Since I just passed the one-year mark (on Sunday) and have been quite negligent on my account, I thought I would stop by and try to catch up. I believe it showed my last visit as August 29, 2007. Boy has a LOT changed since then.

Right after my last visit to this board, I left my husband (Sept 1st)... which coincidently was the day after my 6-week post surgery mark. I am now divorced and a single mom with my two kids. I'm back in school and starting my new life. Needless to say, it's not been the easiest road, but certianly the right one.

I do have a question, and this may seem a bit on the retarded side, but forgive me... I'm blonde.

Do we still have to do the yearly visits?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi Angel...

Sorry to hear about your marriage...11 yrs ago I was there. Two kids...back in college. No, it's not the easiest road, but it is so worth the effort...Good news...I just got my MASTER'S DEGREE!!! Stick to it girl...the light is always brighter on the other side.

We're here to support you...Just ask HappyCook and Barnabusa, andevery other woman who has read my posts, and endured me being a full time mom, wife, teacher and student...they've been there for me this enitre past year through every single grad school class, test, paper, and cetification test.

And, yes, you still need to do the yearly visits...Until your doc tells you otherwise.

Good to hear from you. Stay in touch!!
Unread 07-22-2008, 08:41 PM

Okay, so here's where you can lecture me. I haven't seen a doctor since about 3 weeks post-op when I pulled something in my stomach. I left prior to my follow-up appointment and haven't been back to a doctor since. However, I'm going to have to find one soon, as I'm refilling my last Rx for my hormones this week. No choice but to see one, since I need my hormones.

While it was sad to see the marriage end, it was something that had been coming for a while. When I had the 'minor' surgery in June 2007, he told me I could take a cap home post-op. That was really the straw that broke the camel's back. I knew I would be leaving shortly after my surgery. I had planned to stick it out until the end of the year, but it just didn't go as planned. But does it ever?!

Half of my life was spent with him, so this is all very new to me. Being back in school is sooo wonderful. (Another point on contension between us...) As my dear friend tells me, he had "dumbed" me down so much that I forgot how smart I really am. As it stands, I'm on Dean's List and kicking butt with my 4.0 GPA. Nursing school, here I come... kicking down the door! lol

As corny as it sounds, my surgery was my new beginning. I'm doing remarkably better than I was. I've lost some MAJOR weight. I'm happier. I'm heathier. I could go on and on!!!

I have found ME through everything that has happened. And let me tell you... it's wonderful!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2008, 06:14 PM

Hi Angel, Welcome back.
It sounds like you are doing great getting your life back on track. The Deans List, that is wonderful!!! You just hang in there. As Audrey said there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
What a good profession, nursing. I admire nurses so much and I am sure you will be a really good one.

Audrey, I hope you are still recovering nicely. When is the party? I bet you are getting so excited about the cruise. Not too much longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not feeling too well today. I think I've got a cold which is pretty unusual for me. I can't remember the last time I had one.

I guess I'll go for now. Good Evening.

HappyCook
Unread 07-23-2008, 06:58 PM

Hi Everybody...

All's doing well here. Recovery is a lot slower than I would like it to be. The doc put in a large piece of mesh uner the incision where the bladder surgery was...it's about 2" X 4", right under my bellybutton...I'm extremely sore where he tacked it to my abdoman...Other than that, I'm moving along pretty well.

Sad to say...NO PARTY. ..it was supposed to have been last weekend, but the surgery took its place. This weekend we have a graduation party and barbecue to attend, a fundraiser for my school next weekend, and then the cruise. My DD's Sweet 16 is the weekend after we come home...and then DS returns to college the weekend after that.

I'm thinking that maybe I'll do it after school begins...kind of a celebration of NO CLASSES to attend! Angel, I wanted to let you know how proud I am of you...I'm older than you are (just turned 47) but my final GPA for my Master's Program was 3.973!!!! :woot: YEAH, I ROCK!!! I honestly don't mean to gloat, but it was HARD...teaching two grades, being wife and mom, having one of the kids in HIGH SCHOOL (which means sports and activities), and the other one away at school (which is care packages)--Plus I was really sick with all kinds of weird illnesses!! It wasn't easy, but it was so worth it!! Ad I will get to walk in May of '09 with my Master's hood!! I cannot wait!!

You know what Angel, you're doing what's best for YOU! And something you love! And you have a herd (oops sorry sisters...didn't mean it to be offensive) of cheerleaders here for you! And you know what? When you are done...we're gonna be here with our pompoms!!!

Cruise? Am I going on a cruise? OH yeah, riggghhhhhtttt!!! I guess I mentioned it a couple of times!! Haha, it's less than two weeks away now...I'll take lots of pics and post them on my Facebook!

OK..hubby just walked in...Good night sisters!! Love ya's!!!
Unread 07-23-2008, 09:25 PM

Angel,

Girl, good to hear from you. :clap1: Or should I say, Nurse Angel? Verrrrry verrrrrry coooool. What's even more cool is your two little ones. They must be so proud of you, or if not yet, they will be. You are showing them that all things are possible. Here I thought Audrey was the rock. You my girl are the mountain. Way to go!

Audrey, don't worry, you are still my hero. How do you fit so much in so little time?

Happycook, feel better, friend. You can't be giving the sniffles to your grandson. Then again, maybe that's where you got it from.

Mel, Midnight, Angel, Jesusfreak, Cathy.... some of us have a facebook site that we can share more of ourselves on. If you are interested just hollar. One of us will direct to where to find us.

Happy weekend, Summer is winding down now, isn't it. We spend so much time looking forward to it. Especially those in the school business. I am not ready for it to wind down yet, but I will be when it happens, probably.
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:26 PM

Hi everybody!

It's so good to hear from everyone. I'm still a bit under the weather. I have been staying away from grandson so I don't expose him to whatever I have. Sure do miss him though!!

This weekend will be a busy one for me. DS coming home for the weekend for a visit. On Saturday DD and I are going to a baby shower for a coworkers sister. That should be a lot of fun. Then the dreaded Sunday. The prep for a edg and colonoscopy on Monday. UGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! I hear the prep is a lot worse than the procedure. I should be in la la land during the procedure (or I'd better be)

Guess I'll go for now.

HappyCook
Unread 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM

Ohhhh, good luck with the procedure...yeah, the prep is worse than the procedure...UGH...you'll be sleepy most of Monday when you come home...You're in my prayers!!

Sorry 'bout that cold...it's just hanging on. Thats horrible...and how you've gotta be missing the grandbaby ... I feel for you!

Enjoy DS visit...how exciting! Have a great reunion! My DS will be leaving to go back to school in about 4 weeks. Trying (trying) to enjoy him while he's home. Although he's been working 4 jobs, so he's rarely here.

WEll, i'm tired too. Finally able to sleep on my side after a week and a half. WOOT!!!

Nighty night!
Unread 07-28-2008, 01:59 PM

Hi everybody

Well I'm home from my colonoscopy and egd. Everything went well. Yes, now I know what they are talking about. The day before (the prep) is a lot worse than the procedure. I couldn't get too far from the bathroom on Sunday But today I didn't know anything that was going on. One minute they are giving me happy medicine then the next I'm waking up from a really good sleep and saw DH standing there. My stomach is sure making some weird sounds today.

DS home over the weekend. It was sure nice to see him. He is in the process of buying some furniture for his apartment at school next year. This is the first year at school that he has an apartment to himself. He has always shared rooms, houses, and apartments with other guys at school but he is going to go it alone in the fall. He will be working on his masters and also Graduate Assistant for the college.

Hope everyone is well. Talk to you later.

HappyCook
Unread 07-28-2008, 02:24 PM

Yay for having it done! And I'm glad everything went ok...I've had a colonoscopy and a sigmoidoscopy...very similar and I didn't enjoy either. Thankfully the colonoscopy isn't every year like the mammo...

Glad you were able to enjoy DS visit! An apt by himself...wow! Good for him! I'm sure he's gonna love it!

Hope you are feeling better now so that you can play with GB...have held you in my prayers!

More another time!

Love, Meeee

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register