Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Yep. Me, too. I was having a pinch-me-because-this-is-too-good-to-be-true recovery until I got my UTI.. I suspect the catheter irritated things and the fact that we are sloughing off
all sorts of post-op bacteria and meds and that our "parts" just become aggitated to the point of infection. Drink lots of cranberry juice and avoid acidic things like coffee, orange juice, etc. until the infection is cleared up. I still feel good even though I am being treated for my UTI. Yogurt will help keep the flora all balanced in the gut while taking antibiotics.
Best of luck to ALL of us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 07:19 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'm sure it's a UTI. My urine is pink. I am supposed to return to work Monday but I don't want to push it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-eduk8r
Yep. Me, too. I was having a pinch-me-because-this-is-too-good-to-be-true recovery until I got my UTI.. I suspect the catheter irritated things and the fact that we are sloughing off
all sorts of post-op bacteria and meds and that our "parts" just become aggitated to the point of infection. Drink lots of cranberry juice and avoid acidic things like coffee, orange juice, etc. until the infection is cleared up. I still feel good even though I am being treated for my UTI. Yogurt will help keep the flora all balanced in the gut while taking antibiotics.
Best of luck to ALL of us!
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:27 PM
uti here also

Hi all,
I started meds today for a uti ugh. Plus today for the first time I had tears for no reason. I am still glad i did this though .... In the long run i know I am going to feel better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2007, 07:31 PM

Reading all your messages has put me at ease about how things are going.

I had the whole works removed (sorry, don't know all the initials yet!) including the omentum as they discovered ovarian cancer hiding away, stage 1c.

I came home from the hospital 3 days post-op cause I was feeling much better (had the epidural) and couldn't possibly spend another night in that wretched hospital bed!

After 1 day on percosets, I gave them up for advil. I couldn't handle the spaciness anymore and didn't really have a lot of pain. I think the highest pain level I ever had including the hospital was a 3? Sleeping was difficult though so my gp prescribed me a sleeping pill which has helped. So glad to be in my own bed and I'm finally comfortable (waterbed).

So far so good when it comes to the "surgical menopause". Haven't had so much as a hot flash yet, but I'm sure that could still happen. My mom never had much of it so my doc says maybe I got good genes.

I think the worst thing is the boredom! I'm not truly bored yet but I imagine I could be soon enough. I'm starting to sort photos and put them in albums, that kind of thing. Watching a lot of home improvement tv. My DH has been wonderful since I got home but went back to work today. Maybe I'm just lonely? Anyway my sister and my 3 nieces will be over tomorrow night for 3 or 4 days to keep me company so that will relieve any boredom right there.

Just 2 things sitting heavily on me, the pathology reports to come next week and proposed chemo schedule and my extreme hope that I'll still be able to go to DisneyWorld on Aug. 24. I had to postpone that trip for my surgery and really don't want to again. Plus we'll be picking up my DD who's been working there since mid-May.

So keep your fingers x'd for me and I'll let you know what I hear.

Hugs....

Marjorie
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:44 PM

Marjorie,

I am sending you some positive thoughts that everything will come back with some good news.

Stephanie
Unread 07-27-2007, 08:01 PM

Hi,
I am 10 days post op from TAH and doing great. I had my staples removed Monday and have been up and around each day. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions as to what to take to the hospital, etc. I packed way too much and all I really needed was a toothbrush/paste and a hairbrush. Oh yeah, and clothes to come home in. The abdominal binder has been very helpful for when I'm up and around and I'm even able to sleep on my side (with the help of pillows) now at night. The pathology came back and apparently I was about a 4.5 if metasticizing cancer was a 5. We got it just in time.
Good luck to everyone else recovering out there. Oh yeah, no pain meds since I got home (6days ago). I took a couple vicodin to go to sleep but it didn't help so I stopped. No pain, just some minor discomfort occassionally. I hope everyone is as lucky, I feel extremely blessed!
Unread 07-28-2007, 03:24 AM
wide awake

Hi sisters,
It is 3:15 am. I just can't sleep. I nod off then wake up feeling sort of panicky. I changed my estrogen patch today. Remember having similar problems Tuesday night when I change it last. Do you think I need to get my ERT adjusted or is this a strange coincidence?
Unread 07-28-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabusa
Hi sisters,
It is 3:15 am. I just can't sleep. I nod off then wake up feeling sort of panicky. I changed my estrogen patch today. Remember having similar problems Tuesday night when I change it last. Do you think I need to get my ERT adjusted or is this a strange coincidence?
I'm still awake too, but I don't change my patch until the morning. Maybe I should do it now. My only other white nights were due to pain. Also, I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned being paniky, but all day today my anxiety has been really high for no reason at all, and then cried a good spell this evening. I just don't like this menopause thing. Had my 1st post op appointment today, and asked about not being on the replacement therapy thinking that maybe the replacement was going to drag out the passing of menopause, but she said that's not the case and is really adament about my staying on the therapy until at least the 6th week post op appointment. I just feel so lost with this entire process. Look, I'm crying again. I'm just going to pray that sleep comes soon...

Krista
Unread 07-28-2007, 08:57 AM

I finally nodded off about 5 am, but my DH woke up around 6. He tries to be quiet, but he is a morning person, God bless him. Thanks for answering. I'm sorry misery loves company, but you were good company. Rest well today....Misery

Wait maybe we are turning into vampires. Yeah! That's it. Years of blood loss has created this bizarre condition. Funny, I'm not craving anything to drink of a reddish nature....still having trouble with red jello......
Unread 07-28-2007, 10:22 AM

My practitioner said that sweats/hot flashes or poor sleeping or mood swings means the dosage on the patch isn't high enough, and tender breasts means too high a dose. But ask your dr. what he/she thinks of that assessment -- I'm under the impression that we're supposed to bear with it for a while and things stabilize (or they don't).

For what it's worth, you have a whole huge ether full of sisters supporting you and sending you strength and love. Doesn't help the symptoms go away, but I'm sure feeling like all that support out there helps my psyche a bunch!

Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register