Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Here I thought all was going so well and last night I'm sitting and waiting for my sister and nieces to arrive and all of a sudden I'm wet, huh? Look at my wound and yikes I'm spurting! Odd thing was it didn't even look like blood, was lighter in colour, pinkish. We kinda got it under control, pressure bandage of sorts, and my sister drove me to the hospital, half hour a way. This was 1:30 am by the way. Fortunately not busy at all in the hosptial and they took me in quickly.

Anyone ever hear of a seroma? Anyway I guess the skin didn't heal totally flush and it apparently causes some sort of pocket where the serum, which is what your body uses to heal, collected. It was pretty much draining and apparently that's a good thing. They stuck a pressure bandage on it and sent me home. I haven't looked but I'm pretty sure it stopped. They said it would fairly quickly and heal up. Thank goodness! Here I thought I had strained myself and popped the stitches or something and honest to goodness, I didn't vacuum or anything, made my DH do it!

So I've been taking it easy today, my sister won't let me do much at all.

Now back to waiting for the path reports......

Marjorie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 06:39 PM

OMG I would have lost it! Glad you're okay!!

I went on my first outing today. Went to lunch with friends, and then a little light shopping. It felt good to be out in the world!
Unread 07-29-2007, 07:46 PM

I went for a long walk today. It felt so good even though it was probably about 95 degrees outside. We turned back for home about 2 miles out. I feel really good. I think I sleep better at night if I do a lot of walking during the day. We went back to my classroom yesterday and my DB/F moved the furniture around while I tried to figure out where I put things at the end of the schoolyear last June. I can't believe summer is almost over! Next summer I will be planning to do things far more fun than having a colonoscopy and a hysterectomy, that's for sure!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2007, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-eduk8r
I went for a long walk today. It felt so good even though it was probably about 95 degrees outside. We turned back for home about 2 miles out. I feel really good. I think I sleep better at night if I do a lot of walking during the day. We went back to my classroom yesterday and my DB/F moved the furniture around while I tried to figure out where I put things at the end of the schoolyear last June. I can't believe summer is almost over! Next summer I will be planning to do things far more fun than having a colonoscopy and a hysterectomy, that's for sure!

AMEN!!! I had to cancel family vacation twice. First time for endometrial ablasion, second time for Hyster. Poor, family gets to go back to school and share how much fun they had taking care of mom all summer.
Unread 07-29-2007, 08:37 PM

Hi all,
Sorry some of you are having such a hard time. I hope things get better. I had a LASH on 7/17 and am doing well. Had a bladder infection/UTI, but almost finished the anitbiotics. Having serious hot flashes and some weepiness, but not too bad. My sweet hubby took me shopping yesterday for new make-up. For some reason, I thought that might make me feel better. I went to church this morning and that DEFINITELY made me feel better. God has a plan much better than my own and He loves me too much to not get me through this. I go to the MD on Tues and will hopefully get to drive and get some questions answered about HrT vs. herbals. Any suggestions? Thanks for all of the posts that let me know I am normal!

Yellodaisy
Unread 07-29-2007, 09:22 PM

Hello to all! I hope you all had a great weekend. Mine went very well. I have been noticing stange things inside and outside on my body. I had LAVH so three small incisions. The one in the belly button healed perfectly as did the one in the middle. The one that is in the bikini line has me concerned. I was tugging on what I thought was a white hair kinda outta place and I pulled a little more, it got longer and on the other side there was one that was like a loop. I pulled on it and one end came out so its about halp an inch long. Strange, I didnt think I had any external stitches. I have also noticed that a couple of time after using the restroom I have some small metal objects. Almost looks like a small staple or metal "()" ring. I am kinda freaked out by this. I saved them for DR to take a look. I dont want any foreign parts left behind. This has me concerned. Also have had some severe leg cramps today out of the clear blue. Any clues?
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:12 PM

I would call my doc first thing about the leg cramps.. make sure it's not a blood clot. Could be something as simple as low potassium, but I'd certainly want to make sure.
Sometimes the internal stitches "migrate" to the surface. Probably the string you saw. The metal objects sounds like surgical staples they use to keep incisions together, but your dr should have made you an appt to have them removed if they used them. I'd definitely make sure to check with the doc first thing!
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM
slow and steady (?)

Hi sisters,

I also went for a long walk today beside the San Francisco Bay -- my (blood!) sister has been the universe's best person for the last week-and-a-half, she is officially a goddess in my book (with NO disrepect meant to you, Yellowdaisy!). I have to fly to Ireland on Saturday, adn so I'm trying to walk a bit more and carry small things more and more. I had just laproscopic incisions (sorry, don't know the initials!), nothing vaginal, but I'm still discharging a lot of clearish-brownish ? whatever it is (not worried about it, but what the heck is it?? my cervix???).

I know what you mean Marjorie about Oh heavens did I pop some incisions - does anyone else get sort of phantom light pains in teh ovaries? feels really funny, like I'm in my 30s again and feeling myself ovulate, but I suddenly think oh no did I pop the inside stitches. But my biggest incision still looks red and a bit oozy, but it was glued shut, so I can't do anything until the glue wears off... another odd feeling.

Last of my whining: I cant close the top botton of any of my pants or shorts.

BE WELL, continue to build your strength, thank whomever you can for all the people taking care of you, take good care, all of you!!
Nancy
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:19 PM

thanks for your input I will call Doc in the morning. She didnt schedule any appt for removal of staples. But I will be calling first thing. I didnt think of the low potassium. Although the blood clot crossed my mind. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for any input...Kym
Unread 07-29-2007, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr17
Hi sisters,

I also went for a long walk today beside the San Francisco Bay -- my (blood!) sister has been the universe's best person for the last week-and-a-half, she is officially a goddess in my book (with NO disrepect meant to you, Yellowdaisy!). I have to fly to Ireland on Saturday, adn so I'm trying to walk a bit more and carry small things more and more. I had just laproscopic incisions (sorry, don't know the initials!), nothing vaginal, but I'm still discharging a lot of clearish-brownish ? whatever it is (not worried about it, but what the heck is it?? my cervix???).

I know what you mean Marjorie about Oh heavens did I pop some incisions - does anyone else get sort of phantom light pains in teh ovaries? feels really funny, like I'm in my 30s again and feeling myself ovulate, but I suddenly think oh no did I pop the inside stitches. But my biggest incision still looks red and a bit oozy, but it was glued shut, so I can't do anything until the glue wears off... another odd feeling.

Last of my whining: I cant close the top botton of any of my pants or shorts.

BE WELL, continue to build your strength, thank whomever you can for all the people taking care of you, take good care, all of you!!
Nancy
I've been getting the same kind of phantom ovary pains on the left side (that was the ovary with the MASSIVE 12cm cyst). It does feel like ovulation. During 1st post op the doc just sort of shook her head and raised her shoulders, whatever that means! Guess it's not a problem?! Also, when I went in about an inch of my insicion (sp?) was red and oozing, just a little. Aparently I had what Madge62 described a sernoma. The doc said that I had healed over some old blood and it was starting to get infected under the almost closed insicion. Soooo, she ripped it opened and drained it, and DH has to do the same to it twice a day until Tuesday when I go back so she can check on it. You better call the doc and see if you need to go in. The rest of my wound is healing beautifully....Don't worry about your pants, I've been checking my biggest pair daily. Between Thurs and today I lost alot of something because I could close them this morning, albeit they are still so tight I wouldn't dare come out of the closet. But, at least it gives me hope that I'm not going to end up with a closet full of clothes that are too little! Thank Jesus! I lost 20 lbs just before the surgery, and really don't want to go through that hell again. Have been terrified to walk further than the end of the driveway, but lileduk8r - you gave me inspiration! Tomorrow, I'll try a mile. If you can do 2 miles and not die, surely I could do 1 mile. Especially since I was was doing 3-4 miles on days that I didn't lift weights pre-op.
I'll let you know how it went...Sweet dreams, sista's

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register