Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Ooh ooh OOOOOHHHHH ooh ooh ooh ooh. (humming the Dark Shadows theme music. Hey! It sort of sounds like the music to the old Star Trek series!)
This music is appropriate for all the "phantom" sensations we are having where our parts used to be! I'm hoping I don't get those feelings where my cervix used to be cuz it sure wasn't where it was SUPPOSED to be!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:04 AM

YIPPEE!! you rule. I think I almost have it now. I bet I can find a web site... And definitely correct that it's the music for our shadow pains...
~n
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM

Wow. I wasn't familiar enough with this board to find this before. I had a TAH/BSO on July 20th. I am about a week and a half post-op now. I'm still very slow-going. Am trying my hardest to get all the pain meds regulated. My diet/appetite is shot, so my doctor is making me drink that lovely 'BOOST' stuff and take vitamins. I went out Saturday with my MIL, but only to over-do it and pay later. That's slowed me down once again. I haven't been doing anything but walking the house, reading, moving from the couch to the rocker to the bed... with a periodic stop at the computer. I'm wanting to get out and about, but scared to over-do it again and face another set back. I did go with my DH and children to the park last night. I could only imagine what the people were thinking about me... dressed in super baggy clothes and walking so slowly. Oh well, my kids enjoyed the time out of the house and the fact that I was there with them. That's what matters most.

So... slowly recovering in NM.
~ Angel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM

Oh Angel, you've been through a lot and your mind is willing but the body wants to take it easier. It's soooo easy to overdo and then be sore and tired later on. Super baggy clothes rock and I'm sure everyone at the park wearing tight shorts and teeny tops were jealous of you! With a pair of sunglasses and a scarf, you could have looked like a star! Take it easy, Hon, and listen to your body.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:49 AM

Angel I'm so glad you found us! There are ?about 10?15? of us (I don't know) who seem to be nattering back and forth all the time, it's great. Take the computer to bed with you (maybe not possible) :-) and definitely keep us all posted how you are feeling. How's Almagordo (or specifically, your neighborhood)? -- take a walk to the end of the driveway, and then to the end of the block tomorrow. Small, but increasing bits. You may find your appetite as you can do more. Are you having monsoons? can you go stand in the rain (with an umbrella!!!)

take good care (sounds like you are). Hurray for loving kids!!
Nancy
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I did it

Yeah me I walked for 20min today I took motrin before I went out I think that helped. It felt good to get some sun. Tomorrow is suppose to be 95 degrees. For those that don't know there is a river that runs through Bend and there is a long stretch we can float on. I wish I could go do that tomorrow, hopefully soon though.
You guys are cracking me up about the Dark Shadows show. I watched that too when back in the day too funny.
Hope everyone is having a good day

Stephanie
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:45 PM

Stephanie, I'm glad to hear it's cool(ish) in Bend -- I had some students working up there (on Newberry) 4 years ago and it was appalling (especially from Flagstaff perspective). My sis-in-law, who lives in Bend, is the one who turned me on to this website! And that's great that you took the walk, tomorrow 25 minutes -- you'll get to float before the season's over with.

It's a hoot that a bunch of us are Dark Shadows fans, or were fans, anyway. I hope I'm allowed to do this: here's the link that I found that has a link to the theme music (I more-or-less had it right in my head) plus little clips: http://www.collinwood.net/media/clips.htm

take care all
Nancy
Unread 07-31-2007, 01:53 PM

Wowee. Those were the days before I even knew I had a uterus. Or if I knew, I sure didn't care!

Take me back in time!
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:08 PM

I'm glad I found you ladies, too!

Alamogordo is at the base of the Sacremento Mountains. It's nice here ~ mostly. Yeah, I believe we've started into our "Monsoon Season". That basically translates into thunderstorms every *******' afternoon! I had to laugh the first time I heard the term, though. I had to wonder what a monsoon in the desert was. I quickly figured it out.

I got out to the drug store today. My mother drove ~ that alone is an adventure. Walking is getting easier, but I still tire easily. I think that is harder on me than anything. It's hard for me not to get frustrated. I'm still trying to figure out how to live my life at a slower pace for now.
Unread 07-31-2007, 03:44 PM
guests!

Welcome Angel,
I finally get to sit at the computer! DS was visiting (checking up on me) from out of town, and my 18yr DD has her BF from out of town here too. Great company! Boyee, am I tired. DS chaperoned the two lovebirds so DH and I could go to bed, but they were a little noisy...in their efforts not to be... so I didn't sleep well. Funny how hilarious a situation becomes when you are trying not to be noisy. Goofballs!! Well, at least it was good fun.

Tonight DS will be gone and the BF will still be here.....sigh.
He's a nice kid, just not up to having extra in the house right now. He leaves tomorrow, though...

I had forgotten about Barnabus until the wee hours of the morning and I couldn't sleep. Funny! I chose this name after Act 4:36..."the son of encouragement"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register