Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-31-2007, 03:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

I just watched a clip from the site you suggested, Nancy. You crack me up. You are right. The theme music is perfect for this time. Especially, during those insomniac nights. DARK SHADOWS....in the hall, on the stairs, ....under my eyes.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM

I was a fanatic when I was ?10? or so -- my best neighbor friend SWORE me to secrecy that she and her mom watched Dark Shadows, and then I was hooked. Lil -- you're totally right about those days -- uterus? what uterus?? what's a uterus?

Angel, keep it up!! You are indominatable, girl, even if I can't spell for beans. Found Almagordo -- I have good friend in Las Cruces. I need to see White Sands some day.

Barnabus, good luck with the kids...sooner or later you'll be so exhausted you won't wake up at 3 am...

Nancy
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:47 PM
Nancy

I hope you meant the heat was appalling and not the location So how is it you get to be in Flagstaff and SF. I love SF have yet to get to Flastaff but hear is it beautiful. I can't wait to float but right now both the kids are gone my DD is in Texas for Softball and my DS is in Cali for Baseball. DD gets back on Sunday and is home for a week and then gone to see her daddy until school and DS is gone for two weeks then home for a couple of days and going to Oklahoma with Great Aunt and Uncle for a family reunion and then to Seattle with DD and daddy. Gosh they are busy kids.

Well back to the TV.

Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 05:59 PM

Oh, wow, Dark Shadows! I was the one yelling through the neighborhood everyday at 4, "Dark Shadows is on!!" We actually stopped outside play and gathered in front of the TV.

I saw my GYN today instead of 3 weeks out because she is going on vacation. My incision is healing well. That is all she did, was check it. No internal exam. When I told her I was awake twice a night for the last two because of night sweats, she gave me samples of Premarin to try. I'll increase the dose until it works. I don't mind the hot flashes during the day but when school starts I will have 25 fifth graders in front of me and I'll need my 8 hours. It has to work!

Also saw the photos of my uterus full of fibroids. They cut it in half to take the photos. It was very, very, full and I couldn't even count them.

Oh, and I lost 10 lbs!!
Unread 07-31-2007, 06:21 PM

WHEW! Better be someone(s) wonderful looking after you, Stephanie!! Maybe easier if the kids aren't there?
Bend heat, yes, not Bend itself -- seems a really nice town, the Deschutes (yes?) is awesome, and it's got more culture than Flag. Flag is where I live, SF is my sister and her goddess gyn who did the surgery, and Ireland is where my family are waiting for me YAY!

I'm trying to make myself work, ha ha ha.
Nancy
Unread 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM

Hey everyone,
Glad everyone seems to be doing so well. You guys with mountains are making me so jealous. It is flat, flat, flat here in south Louisiana! I saw my doc today and she says I am doing great. I , too, have had alot of pain on my left side and she says that is because that is where they took my ueterus out. The muscle there connects all the way down the leg, hence the pain when bending the leg! Unknown to us, I had fibroids in there and some polyps as well. All benign, praise the Lord. She wants me to wait another week to start exercising and then to start small with walking. ( the heat here can be downright dangerous if you are not careful) I am driving , so that is good. The hot flashes at night are killer, though. I am up 4 or 5 times a night. I have an 8 y.o. and a 5 y.o. that I homeschool, so I hope to get some good sleep soon!! I have also been pretty weepy (did anyone else cry this morning while watching Robin Roberts?), but I know this is normal, so I am just going with it! My prayers go up for all of you---you guys are awesome!!

Yellodaisy
Unread 07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
photos of our insides...

Isn't that amazing to see what's inside?! My poor dr. -- the right ovary was full of masses (we knew this beforehand), so she had to send it off immediately for pathology (negative ), but I asked her to save my left one so I could see it. She thought I was nuts. But she did take a ton of pics, so at least now I know what a uterus actually does look like, and she promised to scan them for me (trouble with being a scientist, I have to see everything to believe it...). I am also VERY jealous of you losing 10 lbs! Im back to eating like a horse, but without the exercise that lets me get away with it...

but you women with hideous hot flashes -- my practitioner said it's the easy way to konw the hormone dose isn't high enough, that and weepiness/mood swings. Are your dr/NPs being sort of callous about it "you'll get over it"? Also I know plenty of women can't/shoudln't do hormones. Anyway, good luck!!!! And Daisy good luck with that LA heat...

Nancy
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:08 PM
Oh no worries

I have the most fabulous person looking after me. I am getting great care at home.

Stephanie
Unread 07-31-2007, 10:14 PM

I had post-op- appt #1 today. Hurray, the labs were all ok. :roll2:

But get this: Today, during my appointment I asked the Dr. if, once my surgery was over and I was still in the Operating Room, did I request to see my uterus (remember, I had an epidural with twilight sleep). In a sort of snapshot, dreamlike memory, I have a vague recollection of seeing my uterus in a blue bucket. The Dr. about fell off his twirling stool and said YES! I did ask to see my uterus and the nurse asked for permission to show it to me before she actually brought the bowl/bucket to where I could peek in. Wow! Talk about the twilight zone.
Unread 07-31-2007, 11:00 PM

Well, walked a 1/2 mile yesterday, not as recovered as I thought I was. Was really hoping for a mile, but legs got wobbly. Then today, went for followup for the seroma that had developed in the middle of my incision. It's getting better, and DH has to keep cleaning it out 2x a day for the next 5-7 days, and then I don't have to see her for another month. This is my 2nd week post op and she won't let me drive until 3rd week. But you know, somebody here snuck the car out (she will remain nameless) and I'm about ready to follow suit. I cannot stay in this house one more week. DH said, "Well I'll take you anyplace you want." And I had to explain to him that I found out how important independence is to me, and I'm not doing well at all without it. And another thing...Can someone explain why post surgery, I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that no ovaries = menopause? What really bites is that I lost Mom in '99, and this is first time that I could really use her advise on how OUR women folk have experienced/handled this chage. Oh well, don't mind me I'm just cranky

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register