Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Monkey
Your doctor never mentioned you'd plunge headlong into menopause???? My sister highly recommends the Christianne Northrop The Menopause Book to anyone entering peri to the real deal. After my sister had her hyster they also didn't mention meno symptoms to her. She began losing her memory (as in driving somewhere and couldn't remember where she was going or where she was coming from) Really freaky deaky crap. Her regular doc started doing tests and sent her neurology and had brain scans, spinal taps etc etc etc (at one point they were actually thinking it was MS) Turned out is was all side effects of menopause that nobody bothered to tell her could/would/possibly happen. She said the book was a huge eye opener for her. If none of you who had ovaries removed have it yet get thy butt to Amazon.com and order yourself a copy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 06:56 AM

Hey,
I didn't know that memory loss/spaciness could be a symptom of meno. I can lose my train of thought in mid-sentence! I thought maybe i was just tired. Thanks for the tip on the book. My doc also said a low-dose antidreppressant might work for me. It would help with the moodiness, flashes and insomnia. She wants me to try to wait 6 weeks before trying anything, however. My best help right now is the book of Psalms. It reinforces the presence of hope. Have a great day, everyone!

Karen
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM

Amen!--I have experienced the same kind of things, flighty, spacey goofy stuff. I also did not know that it is the menopause. I need to get back to my bible as well--I have been way off track since all of this. Took about a mile or so walk this morning (while it is still cool enough) --may have been too much. I am completely wiped out and hurting again. I just didn't want to be a couch potato! Thanks for listening, and bless you all.

Tracy
39--LAPVH, Cervix, Both Ovaries, Bladder repair 7/18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 07:14 AM
two weeks out today

Hi Ladies,

I am two weeks out of the castle today. Feeling pretty good, although I tire easily. It has been really hot here, so I have been outdoors by the pool, and even ventured in yesterday, not swimming, just wadding.
My incision is looking really good, lower cut horizontal.
I am on a low dose of estrogen so I haven't had any hot flashes etc. I don't see my doctor for 6 weeks, and I am not back to work until after that...hurray!! Luckily I have an excellent sick benefits through work, so I get paid, almost 100 percent.
May drive in another week, if still feeling good, meanwhile my friends drive me all over the place.
My bowel movements go from constipated to diarrhea?? whats with that? I was going good when I first got home.
Also, I find the control panties a God send!
Have a great day,
Heather
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:28 AM
Sleep! Yes!

For the first time more than 2 weeks, I slept all night! Yay.
My whole outlook on life is brighter. Menopausal women aren't cranky, they are sleep deprived!

Yellodaisy, Louisiana has lots of beautiful trees and the prettiest flowers I have ever seen. I only got to the west side of the state though. I agree with you on the bible reading. I have a daily reading program that I kept up with even at the castle. It really does keep me level headed and hopeful.

As to the spaciness and memory loss...well, I'm not sure I can blame that on the loss of the ovaries. I have always been a little...hum wait what was I talking about?..?
Unread 08-01-2007, 08:46 AM

Nancy, White Sands is awesome! We have such a blast going out there. The first time we went, though, was rough... as we weren't used to the altitude... and it kicked our hineys!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:41 AM

Hi gals. I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I think I am doing quite well. My incision is from one side of my belly to the other. I have had the metal staples removed and it seems to be healing nicely.

I was supposed to have my post op check up but he got called out for an emergency so I am rescheduled for next week.

My fiance and his kids are going a great job of taking care of me. I am alone today for the first time though and enjoying the quiet
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineybugger
Hi gals. I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow. I think I am doing quite well. My incision is from one side of my belly to the other. I have had the metal staples removed and it seems to be healing nicely.

I was supposed to have my post op check up but he got called out for an emergency so I am rescheduled for next week.

My fiance and his kids are going a great job of taking care of me. I am alone today for the first time though and enjoying the quiet
Hi Laineybugger. Congratulations! Isn't it funny? Now, we appreciate our alone time. A week ago, I felt so vulnerable when DH left for work and DD was at camp. In fact, he thought he would have to go out of town for a couple of nights and I cried like a baby. Poor guy, he canceled his plans and even took the afternoons off for a couple of days to be with me. Now, it's "see ya!". I'm liking my solitude again.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabusa
Hi Laineybugger. Congratulations! Isn't it funny? Now, we appreciate our alone time. A week ago, I felt so vulnerable when DH left for work and DD was at camp. In fact, he thought he would have to go out of town for a couple of nights and I cried like a baby. Poor guy, he canceled his plans and even took the afternoons off for a couple of days to be with me. Now, it's "see ya!". I'm liking my solitude again.

HAHA. so true! My fiance took off a week which was great. then I had the 12 year old to help care for me. Today is my first completely alone/quiet day. woo hoo!
Unread 08-01-2007, 01:21 PM
bad girl I am...

Okay sisters, I need a little rap on the knuckles. My glue is coming off, which is very very entertaining, but I'm inclined to act like a little kid and pull maybe faster than I should. I put a bandaid on the big incision just to keep my little fingers from playing!!

Everyone sounds good today! I'm going out to lunch with my bro-in-law, and to my dr tomorrow if anyone wants generic questions answered -- I'm taking some from the vaginal discharge thread (like okay, what exactly IS this stuff...).

Heather i am totally there with you about what the heck is with the diarrhea (which I can't spell). It says stool softener, not will-be-sure-colon-can't-absorb-any-more-water-er. Bah.

kaap smiling, reading, vegging, walking, and etc!
Nancy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register