Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Manichevitz???

Manichevitz is VILE!! :-) I used to drink it in college, and not to get my strength anywhere, that's for sure...
My MIL was told by her dr. to drink Guinness after at least the first kid -- same thing -- get strength back up...full of iron...too dark and strong for me...

I am going to ask the dr about stool softeners, mostly because I have a hard time taking things I think I don't need, and with the other remedies coming on this board, I'd rather do them. So I'll ask about long-term effects, how to know when you're done, stuff like that.

Steph I think it's okay to get tired, but the blurry vision? dunno, that sounds scary...

The nurse at the hospital told me to be ready to hold a pillow to my belly for a while when I laughed -- Amee maybe try that? I hugely believe in laughing as a cure.

I'm not so sure about remaking Dark Shadows with Johnny Depp or anyone else. no clue who the original Barnabus was, but that's cemented in my brain as who Barnabus is. Same problem with Lord of the Rings -- I can't watch it because I already konw what an elf looks like, and Hollywood will only ruin it. Worse with DS...

Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr17
Manichevitz is VILE!! :-) I used to drink it in college, and not to get my strength anywhere, that's for sure...
I never said it tasted good.. I knock it back as fast as possible. My mom said when she was little that is a remedy they used to use for women who had heavy periods. My doc even knew what she was talking about.

I don't know what they are going to do with Dark Shadows. I know the purists are not going to be happy that's for sure.
Unread 08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Barnabus vs Johnny Depp

It was a good story line. Both men are smoldering hunks. I'm okay with Johnny D in anything. Besides the original Barnabus was before I realized what hunks were all about and Johnny D is too young. Sigh... I'll just be happy with my DH. He is the #1!

Did you notice on the 3-4th week checklist, they suggested learning how to knit to keep us occupied with a seditary yet constructive activity? My sis in NE had a LAVH about 5 years ago. She has been a constant source of info and encouragement. She sent me a knitting kit to make felt slippers. I have only made scarves and simple afghans before so this is pretty challenging. I'm loving it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:50 PM
knitting???

Can't do it. My mother knit, and so I figured that took care of all the necessity in the family. Then she had the bad manners to pass away, so now no one knits.

I'm going to ask the dr. how soon I can go swimming (in an irish lake, in a wetsuit!). I just don't understand what is mending where, where the stitches (as opposed to the coming-off glue) actually are, what I need to continue to be careful about.

And I hope lager works as well as Guinness as well as Manichevitz -- hmmm, this little smilie thing looks very much like a Guinness On the other hand, considering the sedentary constructive inactivity, I could stand to eat a little less..

going to read the 3-4-week checklist thing
N
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:43 PM
first day back at work

I was so inspired the last time I posted I went shopping/walking and bought some things for work. One of the items I bought was a girdle It supports my belly very nicely and it's comfy too! But this outing left me tired, I had a hot flash in the department store. I came home and slept the rest of the day.

Yesterday I visited my doctor and learned I had/have a uti after all. The new medicine must have taken effect because I felt very good yesterday. I even styled my hair and put on makeup for the first time since my LSH.

I don't have pain around the incisions, or any cramping. My only problems are the constant pulling of my belly on my lower back and I still have light bleeding.

Today was my first day back at work, and the new girdle helped. I felt great until about 3:30 when my lower back began to hurt. I'm glad it will be a short week. It's nice to get back into a routine. Several people commented about how nice I looked today! The ten days of rest were truly good for me, as well as feeling mostly pain free.

I agree, we should continue to post at least once a month. I love this site because it allows us to support each other! I told my doctor about it and how great it's been to talk with everyone here. Thank you all for your contributions to this thread! You've all made a difference in my recovery. The simple act of reading (and sometimes responding to) your stories has lifted me up more than you know. I am truly grateful you're all here and sharing the stories of your hysterectomies.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the time to rest.

to everyone

Lauri
Unread 08-01-2007, 07:44 PM

I have a hard enough time drinking Manischevitz around Passover time. It is veryyyyy sweet. But a 1/4 - 1/2 glass of red wine is s'posed to be really good for your cholesterol so I am happy to oblige as long as it doesn't take the place of other, less dehydrating, things to drink.

I would also like to know when I can swim. I'll call the Dr. tomorrow since I forgot to ask that yesterday.

I'm so glad to be 2 weeks past my surgery. I still remember the anxiety of waiting and wondering. I like this side much better!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:40 PM
Recovering Nicely

Hope everyone is doing well. I had a TAH/BSO on July18. I stayed in the hospital 3 nights. I had some problems with the pain medication and pretty terrible care the first night after surgery. My doctor fixed that quickly!!!

My hubby and I have custody of our 16 month old granddaughter so being at home is a bit of a challenge at times since I can't lift. At least now she can sit on my lap and just pats my tummy and says "owie".... what a gem!

The hardest part of this recovery this week has been to take it easy every day even when I'm feeling well enough to be up. I overdue it on the days I feel well and then pay for it the next day or so.

I'm really looking forward to a time down the road when the tummy is healed and everything has calmed down. My doctor says I am going to feel so much better in about another 4-6 weeks.

I had large fibroids with an enlarged uterus. And...many adhesions that had adhered my uterus to my bladder. This happened because of an emergency C-section 26 years ago. I guess that explains all the pain and pressure for years not to mention the long periods with heavy bleeding.

I waited a long time to have this done since I thought I would be going through menopause which would have shrunk the fibroids but I just kept bleeding!

Anyway, I'm doing well now. And very glad to have found this site.
Unread 08-01-2007, 10:48 PM

Welcome Smooshie and Halekoahaole, you have to read all the pages to keep track of us! We're loads of fun if I may say so for all of us, so you have to be honest (easy) and sad and happy and silly and put up with all the side tracks that we are full of, to wit:

Cathy, it was precisely at Passover that I tended to indulge just a bit too much while in college...

Lauri you went back to work??? HOly moly, you are my day sister; I'm walking fine, although I'm suspicious that the hill into town and back is making me bleed a wee bit for some reason. But work??? No way. You are awesome!!!

I'll let everyone know about swimming -- I'll tell the dr about this site also!

okay I hope no one is reading this in the middle of the night, but if so a mega-hug for you to go back to sleep, and otherwise I hope everyone slept really well!
Nancy
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Crappy day

One day good next day not good. I have just felt like ick all day and tonight was pretty bad. Really bad BM (sorry TMI)
I have a headache. Just feeling generally blah. I feel tired but can't seem to go to bed or sleep. I guess it is just my day to be off and blah.
Those who have gone back to work :wow that is impressive! I probably won't be ready when I am suppose to and that isn't until the 31st. Again Wow.

good night to those actually going to sleep

Stephanie
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:46 PM

Sorry to hear about your day, Stephanie. I hope that soon you'll have lots of good days all in a row.

We can't even take a hot bath and have a glass of wine. *Sheesh*
How about a luke warm shower and a glass of cranberry juice?
Or better yet, a

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register