Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Ooh la la. Antiquated Star Trek and Andy Griffith reruns! Not to mention the late night commercials! Now, that is worth staying awake for. NOT!

You poor thing. I hear that BOSE makes the very best noise-reduction headphones that people use on airplanes. Don't know how they'd do in the bedroom with the TV on. You'd have to remove them when your husband...um.......never mind!
Lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
sleep well as much as possible!

Hi seesters (or, stisters, as my 10-yr-old used to say),

I'll report on my dr's visit tomorrow, I'm very sleepy tonight! Blessings heaped upon those who are awake in the night (and those who sleep too!!)

love to all
Nancy
Unread 08-03-2007, 07:26 AM

When DH realized I had left the room, he came and got me. He had already turned off the TV. I told you he has been a prince! It took me awhile to snooze but eventually I had a restless night's sleep. At least I wasn't wandering the halls and stayed in bed.

Thanks for your support. I do have a question for you all...

Do you still have a deep pain on the left side? Is this normal? I have three types of pain. 1> the skin above and on my incision is tender, like a sunburn. 2> Abdomen feels like it does when I do too many sit-ups 3>That deep down pain on my left side that feels like dr took out my left ovary, batted it around, then thrust it back in. Only the third one sends me to the medicine cabinet for Tylenol.

I don't go for my post-op until August 21. For some reason, he sets up the post-op visits 4 weeks later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Hi Barnabusa,

I have the same as you, as far as the burning above the incision, it is tender and yes it feels like a sunburn. Occasionally I get a pain in my left side. Both of my ovaries were removed as well. Other than that I am doing okay, except tire easily and certainly ready for bed in the evening. I quit napping during the day because I wasn't sleeping but sleep okay now.
My post op visit isn't until 7 weeks!!! Was suppose to be six weeks, however the office was booked for appointments, and they couldn't get me in until 7 weeks.
Heather
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:28 AM

Hey all,
I don't get on-line everyday, so it takes me a while to catch up with everyone. (I only have dial-up internet, so it is pretty slow!--I live in the country) It sounds like everyone is doing so well. So sorry to hear about the insomnia. I go to sleep pretty well, but I wake up at least 4 times a night with hot flashes. I have decided to keep a count of them and if they don't slack off in the next week or so I might have to call my doc. I went shopping with my mom and 5 y.o. Wed. then went to church Wed. night. Oh, my gosh, was I wiped out!! I still had circles under my eyes Thur night. My hubby and I have a date tonight, so I am going to take a nap this afternoon.
Barnie, sorry about the pain on your left side. I had the same thing and it extended down into my leg. Doc told me it was because she took my ueterus out of the incision on my left side and had some trouble getting around that muscle over there. Apparently, they had to move it around quite a bit and it took a while for it to get back to where it should be.
The hardest thing for me right now, is getting used to the idea that I will never be pregnant. (My boys are adopted) I spent 13 years wondering if this was the month, so it is kind of hard to change my thinking so quickly. But, God is in control and He will help! Thanks to all for the support!!

Yellodaisy
37--LAH, no ovaries, tubes or ueterus---kept cervix
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:38 AM

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't concerned until last night when DH told me to call Dr. to ask. My left leg also has minor shooting pains and tingling at times so then I scared myself with the thought of blood clots... This concern is partly why I tossed and turned last night. Am I just a worrywart or what
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:44 AM

Hi all,

I asked my dr. yesterday about the burning pain -- for me it has no relation to where stitches are/might be; she basically said don't worry. But Barnabus I think you should call the dr also -- shooting pains just don't sound good. What the heck, she/he can only say no it's okay.

I think I am ultra blessed with a goddess/dr who responds quickly, although its true that I only called once.

I had my post-op yesterday; dr said she also normally does it at 4 weeks, but I am going HOME (Ireland) TOMORROW (home being my family, yippeee!!!). anyway, I asked about stool softener, because someone asked me to ask about them being addictive; she said yes they can be, but tended to think that no one would really want diarrhea for that long. As always, it's a ask-your-dr thing, but for me she said as long as my bowels are moving and I'm off narcotics (vicodin in my case) I can stop taking them.

Vis a vis discharge, don't know if anyone in this group is having that, she said it's vaginal wall and cervix. My cervix was cauterized closed but apparently is pretty irritated and so is ?effusing? also bleeding. It bled plenty yesterday after she poked around at it!! But give it a few weeks was the official word. I'm so used to mega super ultra he-man (ok, she-woman) pads for my periods that I have no clue what to buy in mid-size. I ended up with some Target thing that approximates a diaper, but is thin. Bah.

Swimming. Dr Goddess: Nancy, give it 4-6 weeks. Nancy: yes but WHICH of 4-6 weeks. Dr: don't hurry things. Nancy: I CAN'T HELP IT!!! Dr. 4 weeks minimum. Nancy: thankyouthankyouthankyou

Stitches: I have 5!! I thought I had about 3000. Four in my big incision and one in my belly button. But what I did learn/have reinforced is that as Daisy said, they get in there and push stuff around a LOT and it needs to heal. There's a chance that the bowel can adhere to other parts, which we don't want.

Okay, was that way more information than everyone wanted or needed!!?

I hope everyone had a good night -- I finally had the light, toss-and-turn night, funny dreams. Too much chocolate-covered ginger right before bed.

xoxoNancy
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:59 AM

Thanks Nancy. It wasn't too much info. Sometimes I feel that it would be impossible for the Dr. to give us too much info!
I don't want to know (yet) how many stitches I have or what exactly was done "in there." I am one of those people that watches surgeries on TV without getting creeped out but somehow knowing it is MY body gives me the willies.
Ireland? I am sooooo jealous. I wanna go somewhere fun and pretty and different. I've already started back to work just to get my classroom set up so I think my summer is basically over. You are one lucky sister!
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:53 AM

I am a lucky sister. I teach at the university in Flagstaff, so I get a year's sabbatical every 7 years. Ye gods, speaking of privilege... So this year we are in Ireland and Spain... My daughter will go to school in Catalan(!!! not even Spanish!!!). Cathy do you teach elementary school? My daughter will be in 6th grade, this will be a real adventure. She's idly curious about the hysterectomy ("you won't have ovaries anymore?!?!?") but I've been taking off for field work since she was tiny, and she seems to believe me when I say I'll always come home.

ANYWAY, how many stitches is a totally reasonable question -- I just have to know all that sort of thing. She gave me pics of my insides, that was cool.

Nancy
Unread 08-03-2007, 11:54 AM

So, Nancy - Does that mean that there are no internal stitches?
Yesterday was a good day to me. A friend took me to do some banking and then we went and laid by the pool for a couple of hours. It was fabulous! Had an awsome night sleep last night, the sun always does that to me. My incision feels funny too, DF said that hers went from funny tingly to completely numb and then stayed that way for a few years (her hyst was ~10 yr ago) Swelly Belly REALLY gone down. Remember the pants I've been checking daily? Well now I've gone to staying in the closet with them on and buttoned to walking around the house in them (with only family around!). Maybe in the next two weeks they will be baggy again. It's going down faster than I thought. I've also warily stood on the scale this morn lost 5!!!!!! I think that the belly loss and weight loss has been from forcing water (to clear surgery toxins and narcotics from system) and the walk till your wobbly and come back which seems to be a bit farther and farther every day. Lileduk8r (sp?) I'm up to almost 2 miles now! Sending xoxox to all, this has been hard and I have a feeling we aren't out of the recovery woods, but boy do we have some stories Let's keep chins up and prayers are always good....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register