Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Barnabusa

Hi sweetie
Have you tried a heating pad to try and help loosen that back area up?
I too am plagued with lower back issues and that has seem to help a bit and keep the tightness down a bit.

Hope you feel better soon.

Stephanie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

You know, I also have a bad back which has been acting up. I'm starting to wonder if it is simply because it's not used to all of this inactivity....
Unread 08-03-2007, 04:05 PM
I am sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymonkey
You know, I also have a bad back which has been acting up. I'm starting to wonder if it is simply because it's not used to all of this inactivity....

That certianly is part of it I am sure. Plus our stomach muscles are useless right now as well. ugh it is never easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2007, 05:11 PM

me too back hurts too...
my PCP said I am in knots.....
having 3 kids I am not used to sitting still either cooked dinner tonight and that proved too much but had some red wine and that was actually quite nice....
will have to lay down now.....
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:02 PM
in this together

Interesting how most of us have insomnia, back pains, itchy incisions, phantom pains and gas at the same time. I can't think of a nicer group of people to be miserable with.

Nancy, have fun in Ireland. A trip of my dreams.

Kym, Angel, Karen, Funnymonkey, and Stephenari.....all of you,

sleep well tonight. I am thanking God for you!!
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabusa
Interesting how most of us have insomnia, back pains, itchy incisions, phantom pains and gas at the same time. I can't think of a nicer group of people to be miserable with.

Nancy, have fun in Ireland. A trip of my dreams.

Kym, Angel, Karen, Funnymonkey, and Stephenari.....all of you,

sleep well tonight. I am thanking God for you!!
Thanks for support, I am hoping sleep is in the cards again. I did a bit more today and feeling tired but it is only 8 something here so a few more hours to go before we see if that worked.
I drove a little bit this afternoon which kinda hurt so I will stay away until the Dr says yes you can.

Good night all. I might be on later again
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm off!

Sisters, goddess-speed, or god-speed, whichever suits you, I wish you very very well. I will be in and out of touch from Ireland; where we are living there's no internet, so apparently we'll go to town (45 min) every 4-5-6 days. I will definitely miss all the wonderful natter till I can log on again!! But I will check in whenever I can!

love and strength, sleep, healing, positive reports from doctors (these are orders, ladies). I'm honestly not one for prayer, without meaning disrepect, but yous who are facing chemo have my special respect and admiration!!!

okay be well all
Nancy
Unread 08-03-2007, 10:39 PM

Byeeeee Nancy. It's been fun and always interesting chit chatting with you. I wish you all the best in your healing and have a truly wonderful time in Ireland. I know this is a professional endeavor for you and it sounds like you are really looking forward to this next part of your life. Hystersisters was/is here when we need to get through this very sensitive/emotional/scary time and it was great to read your posts.
Take care, Sistah! Be well! You'll be missed here.
Cathy
Unread 08-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Hello Ladies,
First time posting here. I had my hysterectomy on July 20. Was in the hospital for 5 days b/c they had to do some bowel reconstruction due to adhesions from a previous surgery. I had to wait for gas to pass - no food or drink for 3 days! When I got home I was ecstatic and felt so good that I overdid it. That next day was horrible in terms of pain, but from that point on I've felt great.

I feel almost "normal" today as of my 2-week surgery anniversary. I feel so good that it's hard to understand why my doc wants me to take the whole 6 weeks off. Out of necessity (mostly), I've been driving since the first week in moderation. However, I am still experiencing intense and sometimes painful GAS. What is that about? And, the itching around my incision is driving me nuts!!!

I love this forum...thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences!
Unread 08-04-2007, 01:08 AM

Welcome Demi! You will find that the gas decreases, especially when you have a successful session in the bathroom, if you know what I mean.

Drink lots, eat lots of fiber foods, and take your stool softeners. They really help. Drinking warm things (I know, it's summer and it's hot outside!) can get things moving. You don't want to get too constipated cuz that can make you feel so :confuse: !

Hope you get comfortable soon and that your recovery goes well!

Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register