Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Piece of Cake!!

18 days post op and I feel great! While the first several days were not fun, it really has been an easy recovery for me. My anxieties about the surgery were much greater than the reality of recovery for me. I walked for 30 minutes today - not even achey or sore and no motrin even today!!
No mood swings, hot flashes or anything. Every one says that they are so tired after surgery, I feel full of energy and ready to tackle all those things around the house that need to be done.

I wish that all of you had my recovery! Hang in there, it will get better.

TAH with BSO 7/19
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles243
18 days post op and I feel great! While the first several days were not fun, it really has been an easy recovery for me. My anxieties about the surgery were much greater than the reality of recovery for me. I walked for 30 minutes today - not even achey or sore and no motrin even today!!
No mood swings, hot flashes or anything. Every one says that they are so tired after surgery, I feel full of energy and ready to tackle all those things around the house that need to be done.

I wish that all of you had my recovery! Hang in there, it will get better.

TAH with BSO 7/19
You've been blessed, go girl!
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:21 AM

Thanks, I only wish it was like this for all of you!!! I hope I'm not being lured into a false sense of security. I'm still being careful, but really do feel great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Miles

Thanks for the upbeat post. It is good to have positive results as well as share the not so positive.

I am feeling much better, myself. I was told to consider age, type of surgery and what kind of shape I was in before surgery to keep a perspective on my own recovery rate.

Reading the 3-4 week post-op checklist really helps keep me balanced. I do still have pain, but so much less than I did a week ago. Each day gets better, I may overdo it and get sore but I seem to bounce back quicker.

My iron count was low and my iron store were"all but depleted" pre-op. I am 52 this month and overweight. Since anemia prevented me from working out, I am way out of shape. So I will be patient.
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Princess Pillow Nina

This is my 3rd week after surgery. Only my uterus was removed but I have hot flashes. My incision itches and my budda tummy feels heavy and warm from time to time. I don't need to take pain pills throughout the day as before. I mainly take pain pills at night because I find that I have most of my pain at night. I have a high tolerence for pain so I wonder it the is a good thing or not.

Some of my friends and family feel I should take my pain pills every four or six hours. I don't do it because I do not like the feeling of walking in a daze.

I cannot stand or walk for long periods of time nor can I travel in a car without having pains afterwards.

I feel like I am going stir crazy when I stay in the bed to long.

Nina
Unread 08-06-2007, 11:52 AM

Please be careful. I have 3 girl friends that felt the same way you did and started doing more and more.

Remember you feeling good but your side is still healing and you do not want to cause yourself to have an infection and have to go back into the hospital.

I am not trying to scare you. Just wanted to let you know to take your time.

Princess Pillow Nina
Unread 08-06-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninalikes
This is my 3rd week after surgery. Only my uterus was removed but I have hot flashes. My incision itches and my budda tummy feels heavy and warm from time to time. I don't need to take pain pills throughout the day as before. I mainly take pain pills at night because I find that I have most of my pain at night. I have a high tolerence for pain so I wonder it the is a good thing or not.

Some of my friends and family feel I should take my pain pills every four or six hours. I don't do it because I do not like the feeling of walking in a daze.

I cannot stand or walk for long periods of time nor can I travel in a car without having pains afterwards.

Nina
OK, Good. I took 2 car rides, saturday I think, and have been in pain ever since. So, maybe this is normal...I was cleared to drive today, but I think I will hold off until the end of the week. Am calling the doc right after this for more pain meds and to talk about a swelling down by my left groin sort of on the pubic bone. I know there are lymphnodes all over down there, and swelling could be sign of infection, but how could that be since I've been on antibiotics for my seromic incision infection. I hope I'm not just one big infection Will keep all posted......
Unread 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM

this will have to quick..typing w 1 hand today i over did it and am now laying on one side in bed. to the surgeon this morning got cleared to drive in the nick o time since my 6 year old and I had n appt one hour away and had to be there in 30 min...God bless my mom but sh can't drive like you need to in Mami to get places fast (anyone from her knows what I mean).
got to the dr on timethak goodness---couldn't have my little guy start 1sr grade a wart ...
I got a suspicious mole removed and dr is pretty sure it is precancerous! /great...then went for lunch w mom who I decided should now drive at this point. so i got a margarita ...that was yummy fr a change then ran around toget the baby so DH could work late..then to grocery store to pick up meds then finally home.I am POOPED.......
Unread 08-06-2007, 03:56 PM
Off to post op

Well I am off to post op I will post later with update.

Stephanie
Unread 08-06-2007, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninalikes

Nina
Do we live at the same house? Your post could be me. I try to drink all the liquid I can and remember to take my iron pills. I still have headaches that I can take napoxsen sodium for. I do take them every 4-6 so it doesn't come back but they are wearing off...

But I have an itch in my hands from time to time that I take Benadryl for but it makes me sleepy. I am moving around from time to time because yes being the bed makes me bored and sleepy as well

I just tell myself that this time 3 mondays ago I was still in surgery and look where I am now. God is Good!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register