Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-09-2007, 05:59 PM
you all are great

angel...
Like everyone has been teryng to tell me...God will take care and we have to believe it is true..
today i can stand up with no pain.....i was so happy so maybe i will be ok??? if not though I will not hesitate to ask for more time..demand it if i have to.
as far as youand know what...NO Way....and i have a very healthy relationship...but i fear it may be aa while...I am happy someone can though.....you go sister
had red wine at dinner and that actually made me feel normalll.in my jammies still tough...
gonna go to bed early tonight tommorrow i am gettin my hair done 1st time since february...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

I am leaving one week from today to take my daughter to college...sniff
It is a 12 hour trip and I am nervous about handling it all in one day. The hospital bills are coming in and we have the first installment of the parental part of her tuition to pay, so I hate to break the trip up with a motel stay. Doc said before the surgery was scheduled that I should be able to go, just stop every half hour or so to walk around a bit and do not consider unloading anything. I told him I wouldn't carry anything in but the leaving her will be the hardest. Talk about feeling weepy. I mist up every time I think about it. This just seem so final. I know she will come home but after 2 others leaving the nest and flying back and leaving again, I know things will never be the same. I have known this was coming but I just kept putting it on the back burner. I had to get over this surgery, recovery time first. Now, I have to face it.
Unread 08-09-2007, 09:55 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm a lurker, sitting back, reading and enjoying the great company I have found here. I'm 3 weeks post op from a TVH that still ended with an abdominal incision to stop some bleeding. Bless my Dr. he did everything possible to remove my enlarged uterus without the abdominal incision.

I have been really feeling great from about the end of the first week; once I got past the first BM. Then yesterday I decided that I was doing SO well and did about half the things that the 3-4 week recovery list said I shouldn't. This includes a wee bit of weeding and vacuuming - I can hear you gasping!

This was the worst pain I had felt since I woke up from surgery. Not learning from my mistakes yesterday I hung a picture this evening, this involved standing on a chair; because I thought the stepstool was to heavy for me to carry.

Yes, I can say stupid, I attribute this to pure boredom and the inability to understand that I can't always work through the pain.

I knew this would be my worst problem in recovery. So the message in my first post is - Don't be like me read the Post-Op 3-4 Week rules and follow them, it will save you a lot of pain!

I am thankful that I will forever know the answer to the eternal question "When was the first day of your last period" 07-05-07!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Insurance Co is irritating

Sometimes I think Insurance companies exsist just to create havoc. I just happened to check my claims online from my surgery and they have of course applied the incorrect percentage of coverage. So frustrating. So now I get to call them and deal with them and it is going to be soooo much fun I can just hardly wait. They were suppose to treat my Dr and in network because even though she is out of network because there weren't any in network so I had a 'gap' in place until 8/1 that covered the time of my surgery. I bet one hand doesn't even know what the other one is doing.
I am already getting ticked off and I haven't even talked to them yep. I bet tomorrow I will all fired up.

Stephanie
Unread 08-09-2007, 11:47 PM

Barney, it is enormously sad when our babies fly the coup. But if they never left, that would be tragic. You are facing a lot of stuff lately that probably makes you feel kinda mortal: your daughter leaving for college, this surgery....to name 2. I can tell you that you are probably worthy of the Mother of the Century Award but then you'd have to share the title with me and we'd go through a lot of kleenex every fall when school started up.
I wish her the best on her journey and a safe trip for both of you. Do your kegels in the car during the trip. :steer: That and doing your "butt clenches" will have you looking so svelte by the time you report back to us.
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Kegel

Ladies . Can someone explain the Kegel exercise is and how do you do it. I go to the websites and all I see is ad's to purchase some type of tool to insert I am not ready to insert anything inside me yet.

Don't laugh at me ladies. Please provide me some information.lil-

*****Eduk8r, I understand your pain. My first child joined the Air Force before we were at war and my second child moved to New York to go to school (I live in California). I thought my heart would break in half while at the same time I was happy to see my children wanting to be independent.

Here's a big . You hang in there with your drive. We all will be waiting to read how things went for you.

******Nerium, slow down babe. You do not want to tear any internal stiches

Unread 08-10-2007, 01:23 AM

A kegel is a contraction of the pelvic floor muscles. You do kegels whenever you pee and clench your muscles to stop or slow the flow. Those muscles often contract involuntarily during orgasm (aint it grand???). Here is what some say about doing kegels:

1. Doing 100 kegels/day in sets of 10-20 will tighten those muscles and make the vagina a little more snug for your partner.

2. Doing kegel excercises will tighten the urinary sphincter and help to prevent incontinence (accidents of the wet variety )

3. Practicing kegels every day will increase your awareness of your pelvic floor muscles and you can learn to voluntarily tighten those muscles during the big O to increase your own pleasure.

Hope this helps!
Cathy
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow

Thank you Cathy. That beats having surgery. I need to start working that area out right now...
Unread 08-10-2007, 04:08 AM

OK...Does anyone know why I hd no problems sleeping until this week? I've not been taking naps (even thought I want to), watching the caffiene intake, blah blah blah. I'm wondering if I should go get some OTC sleep pills 2morrow......I hate this!
Blessings to all those sleeping! I'm the only one logged on right now...OK time for some more late night TV
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:25 AM

"Barny"

I too, understand how you are feeling. Last year, my son went to college 10 hours away. I denied it his entire senior year, all summer long...even while I was there helping him to unpack the car and the trunk...well, I cried all the way home and for the next three months, until he came home for Thanksgiving. Now, like so many, he is gearing up to return and we are all facing not only that, but all of these new emotions as well! I'm still denying it...I can't help him except to ask if he has what he needs. Or to sit in his room and suggest how to organize.

I told him that I won't be able to go this time. I just know that I cannot sit in the car that long. 10 hours of driving is bad enough, add all those extra stops to the trip, I think I'll go mad. It's killing me, but I know me too. I know that I'll want to help him unpack, make the bed, put the clothes away, etc. So, I've asked that his dad go with him.

I also know his roommate. They were friends all last year and even knew each other during their senior year in high school. They have been in touch all summer. I realize it's not like the first time going away. But the emotions are there none-the-less.

I've come to realize though, that this time, I need to take care of ME! Because if I overdo it, end up back in the hospital, then I'll be no good to anyone.

Enjoy every moment you can. Your daughter will be home again before you know it! Just think about how quickly the past year went (her senior year)...well this coming year will fly by just as quickly! Focus on that focus on YOU, and before you know it, she'll be back home. Oh, and send those care packages. It was fun for me to put together and for my son to receive. I loved his phone calls to tell me what a dork I was. Now, isn't that worth it?

God Bless you Today!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register