Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-22-2007, 05:02 PM
Home From The Castle

I'm so proud of myself I did it! My TVH was Friday at 11:00 AM and finished at 2:00 PM. DR removed my uterus and cervix, kept both ovaries, and no endo. Only one fibroid inside uterus walls. Only took morphin one time in hospital and didn't like it. Starting taking motrin/tylenol every four hours. Plus Gas X for gas and ZPack to prevent any infection. I was released from the castle on Saturday at 2:00 PM. I have already had three BM on Sunday, yeah! All I can say is prune juice, prune juice, it works! I feel good but I'm doing nothing but relaxing in front of TV at my parents.

The worst is over and I'm ready to begin my new life. To those of you in waiting believe me the waiting is the worst.

Best of luck to everyone! Thank you for all the prayers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Recovery still going very well. I'm up and around more each day. Just ventured down to oversee DD's progress with laundry for DH's work clothes. Did I say recently, like yesterday, that I had no indication of hot flashes? Haha...today I am a WALKING HOT FLASH!! More research needed on my part on HRT to be prepared for my follow up doctor visit. Sitting with the fan directly on me hoping this isn't a non-stop process. I have to go and take off my sweats now!!

49, TAH, both ovaries, kept portion of cervix
Unread 07-22-2007, 09:44 PM

Hi gang,
Posted on the July 20 that i was hanging in there. But things change. Friday afternoon called dr and complain about pain on right side. They just figured it was the gas pain and I was doing all the right stuff, so they did not want to see me. By Saturday early evening the pain was so bad I could not hardly walk, so needless to say back to the ER. I have a hematoma on the right side above my LSH scare. It anyone knows any info about hematoma after a hys please pass that info on. I also have a UTI which is an awful feeling. I also thought at one time that were going to take me back to the or to take out my galbladder, because it is also enlarged. Which hopefully they are right saying that it is just irrated from surgery. Home now and I hope I stay home. But my point is always listen to your body, you know best! Any info is appricated on any of the above. Thanks for Listening!

tt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2007, 12:49 AM

I had a TAH on June 18, 2007. I used Gas-x worked like a charm the Mylacone they gave me in the hospital didn't do anything for me. Good luck!!!!

Chele

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmercy
Hello Everybody,

It's day 2 of my surgery and I'm feeling great. I'm taking short walks and feeling well except for the reaction I had from Morphine. I had a bad headache and itching all over my body and severe nausea and kept throwing up even a sip of water. But today morning, I was able to sip some apple juice and crackers and retain it. I'm feeling great and very active. My catheter was out today and I'm on my oral pain medication.My staples will be removed tomorrow and I'll be sent home. I'm still not able to pass gas even after taking Mylacone and mint tea and prunes and walking. Any suggestions please???

Thank you for all your prayers and wishes.

Mercy
Unread 07-23-2007, 06:35 AM

Hi, I had my TAH on Wed. July 18 - both ovaries left in tact - uterus and cervix only removed. Surgeon was pleased with overall surgery - only lost 4 tablespoons of blood. Had trouble with the foley and was screaming to have it removed - something wasn't right with it, I wasn't emptying although the fluids were being pumped in. They removed it at 5:30 Thursday morning to great relief. I then couldn't void on my own so I used a warm water bottle to spray myself first and then I could go but I was still having spasms. They put me on some pill that starts with a P and turns my output orange. But it still wasn't right. I was measuring 150 in the hat so they stopped measuring. So before discharge I complained again to the surgeon that something wasn't right so they had me go, measured 150 and then cath'd me again right away and got another 150 so now I'm taking PROSED/DS which turns everything BLUE. The spams stopped and I can now go on my own. My bowels are moving on their own now as well. My friends and family say my incision looks really good despite the bruising - and it still hurts really bad. I'm sleeping a lot during the day and not so much at night. So today I'm going to try like crazy to stay awake all day so I can sleep all night.

I do have adhesions (as my gastro doc suspected) from my left ovary to my colon but they were left alone - probably a good idea - the surgeon said they weren't bad enough to mess with them and my colon was in good shape and he was afraid to disturb it and perhaps start my crohn's in an uproar. So I am okay with that too.

So thats it, I'm having a hard time sitting still and being comfortable but I definatley feel better each day.
Unread 07-23-2007, 07:15 AM

Hello Ladies... just a followup I'm doing very well 6 days post-opt. I had my first bm on Thurs I was like a little kid,"I poopoo see my poopoo" , Wow did it help. I had too much company on Sat. At one time there where 8 people here other than DH and DD. So I had a bad evening just too tried. Sun was better. I just wish people would remember We are recovering from Major surgery and only stay a little while not 2 or 3 hours.
Transition from one position to another still hurts but getting better. Just remember to still take pain meds on schedule. To those in waiting, Have a good additude going in, be nice to to help( until it's time not to be nice) it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Unread 07-23-2007, 08:30 AM
LSH recovery amazing

Hi fellow sisters,

I had an LSH July 20th and came home the next day. The recovery from this procedure has been easier than a lap I had several years ago (same doc too). I needed Demoral in the recovery area only, then Toradol (non narcotic) until I went home the next morning! Now I am on perscription grade Ibuprohen and Darvocet "rotation" for cramping an incision dicomfort and Ceclor to prevent infections. I will try Gas-X for bloating, since many of you have recommended it.

I had tremendous anxiety about this surgery for the nine months before I finally decided to do it. I lost my thyroid two years ago to thyroid cancer, so this was an unpleasant event for me. Previously, I kept my endometrious symptoms somewhat under control with HRT. But it interfered with my thyroid medication and my doc recommended the LSH to remove my uterus which is where the endo was isolated. I am thrilled to report I feel wonderful and look forward to being pain free as my body heals.

Good luck to you all!

Smiling,
Unread 07-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Well I made it:)

Well I made it, got to the hospital at 5:30a.m. got into a room to set me up for the surgery. Around 6.am they started my IV I was so nervous but the RN who put it in, was wonderful, I didn't even feel it. Met with the antistyologist and the RN who would be in surgery with me. My DR came in, I remember being taken to the operating room at 7:30am lifted up to the operating table. They put the oxygen mask on and that was the last thing I remember from there. I woke up in my room around 11am heard voices and went back to sleep. Around 1pm or 2pm I got a liquid diet lunch. YUM Ate most of that fine. I had a morphine pump ( I used that about 7times) that day, Got up and used the restroom fine. I had a total Vaginal Hysterectomy, took Uterus and Cervix, I kept my ovaries. My left shoulder hurts alot, from the gas. overall I feel pretty good. The Dr. came in that afternoon to check on me, and he came again the next day around 11am and told me I could go home when I felt like it. Got up and walked the hallway about 3 times that day. Got rid of the morphine pump and IV that morning. Dr. put me on Loratab and motrin from that point on. I went home around 6pm on Saturday the 21st. Since I have been home took a shower, have felt pretty good, just tired. Still on the Loratab and Motrin when needed. Overall I have had a pretty good experience. Hoping to feel way better in a couple weeks. Thanks for all the support,
Carla
Unread 07-23-2007, 02:21 PM
3rd day post op....

Hi fellow hyster sisters. I am day 3 post op from scope with vaginal assist total hysterectomy with both ovaries removed as well. Feel like I've done about a billion sit ups, more pain today than past 2 days. I'm sure each day will get better.... I am on estrogen pills and am experiencing some hot flashes.... Lil tearfull at times, for no apparent reason.... kinda feel outa sorts you could say.... Appetite is poor and nausea is on and off.... I have plenty of help at home and am resting good! Keeping positive, figuring it will all be worth it in the end!
Unread 07-23-2007, 03:16 PM

WannaBPainFree:
As far as I know they dont do a whole lot except controll the pain. They are hoping that the body will absorb it and so am I. I have read that most have to be drained. So I am praying that does not have to be done. I am just hoping everyone reads my blog to realize they need to listen to there own bodies, everyone is different. I kept thinking it was gas a doing all the right things...walking, drinking peooermint tea, laying on left side etc...Now I know why the pain got even worse and it could have been better if I went to see doc on Friday when I called, but ended up laying in the ER for 4 hrs before being admitted and we all know how slow the ER is when your in pain. Just am glad to read about others having great experiences my is going to be up hill from here! Positive attitude! There's not awhole lot of info on hematomas., had to look up to get info on internet. Thanks for asking. Take care of yourself.
TT

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register