Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:30 AM
School starts today

Hi everyone,
School starts today and I am not ready. Normally, I am so excited about starting school and teaching the boys lots of new stuff (homeschooling). But, this year I am not. I am trying to get myself pumped up because it is my little one's first day of Kindergarten. I have just been feeling kind of sad for the last few days and can't seem to shake it. Oh, well, at least we get to have ice cream for breakfast (first day of school tradition!).
I woke up Wed. for the first time with no pain. It felt so good, I did too much. Therefore, on Thur I was back to ibuprofen. Slowly, but surely!
To all those whose kids are going to college...my eyes got misty just reading those posts. I will be praying for you and for the exciting time waiting for those kids. Take care of yourself on the trip, Barney, and don't do too much. NO LIFTING!!(except in prayer).
Hope everyone has a good day. Take a nap if possible.

Karen
37---LSH, no ovaries, no ueterus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Reading your posts about the birds leaving the nest makes me weepy....
my oldest are in 1st grade and I have anxiety over that! Geez I bet I will be a basket case...
I work at a University though and each year see all the Freshman coming in and it is so nice and refreshing to see all the energy and fresh minds....just love them and support them (all ways )..make them get a job,even if it is part time ( they really can handle both) and they will be home soon...
Anyway..off to get my hair done and pay for after care.....hope my back doesn't hurt today...
talk to you later...
Melani
Unread 08-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for your support

Yep! I knew it. You understand!
I also knew this time would be hard. We have moved often during her young lifetime, which has made us closer. There were times when she and I were the only buddies we each one had. In fact, we moved just before her senior year, ( which was harsh). She was such a trooper through it all. I really admired her courage and sweet attitude. She deserves this move that she has had control of the decisions for a change and she deserves my courage and sweetness, too. So I am glad I can vent the negative to you all, then just express my love and pride in her to DD.

I thank God for you and this site. Melanie and Karen, don't worry, I think it was just as hard to have the kids start kindergarten and 1st grade as it is to send them to college. It is still the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. Thanks for your input. That really does put it all into perspective. Cathy and Bakz4, thanks for your comfort. I know the trip will be tough, but I've got to "tuck her in one more time".

Nerium, welcome to the site. Glad you joined in. Reading all of our comments is fun, but when you respond you encourage all of us, including yourself. Thanks.

Stahani....say a prayer before you begin negotiation with the insurance company. You mind and soul will be a lot clearer if not calmer. Most of us are fussing with insurance too. Hang in there! Whew! I was windy...sorry. Now... I must kegel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-10-2007, 08:14 AM

I had a terrible dream last night! I dreamed that I started bleeding heavily!! What a terrible dream to have! I couldn't get it to stop.....it really was scary.
Unread 08-10-2007, 08:15 AM

By the way, Cathy, great job on explaining the kegal exercise!
I had a teacher explain it like this:
Pretend your vagina is an elevator in a 10 story department store.
1st floor............lingerie
2nd floor...........stationary
3rd floor............men's wear
and so on all the way up to the 10th floor.....intimate pleasure and toys.
It was a wonderfully kinky visual for me, hope it works for you all, too.
Unread 08-10-2007, 08:21 AM

LeAnne...Yikes! Quick! Eat Chocolate! It did wonders for Harry when the Dementors came after him, too!
Unread 08-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnabusa
LeAnne...Yikes! Quick! Eat Chocolate! It did wonders for Harry when the Dementors came after him, too!

Will do!! I have noooo problem with eating chocolate!
Unread 08-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Barney, it's hard sending kids off to school, get used to it, after college if they are adventerous, there will be job offers out of town. All my children are out of town, my son only an 1 1/2 hours away, my youngest moved from Western New York to Orlando, Fl. My middle child is in Virginia Beach. Just look at it this way. It will be fun to go and visit, there is always a bright side, be proud they are independant enough to go away to school. It means you did a good Job It's hard that it comes at a time you are trying to heal, but it will be a good memory. NO LIFTING, let the young people do the work. Have a safe trip!
Unread 08-10-2007, 12:23 PM

Why Would I Expect Anything Different?!
Okay, so the doctor called back... and the good news is that there's no sign of infection. My blood counts were 'within normal limits' and the pee test came back fine, too. Okay, so that's great! But... now what? Why am I still hurting like this in this ONE area?! It's been so much worse since he did the exam and was pushing on things. My instructions now are to continue on meds ~ probably a good thing I got another Rx for even MORE pain killers ~ keep using the heating pad, and we'll just follow up at my next appointment. So... I'm hoping against hope that this pain goes away in the next week and a half. I don't want to have to keep going through tests and playing the **** waiting game. I'm ready to feel better! Yes, I know.... Recovery requires patience!
Unread 08-10-2007, 01:03 PM

Hi Angel,

I am sorry your having problems. I felt better a week ago than I do today. Today I have a pain in my left side. It pulls when I stand up, and I am back on anti inflammatories, and also taking pain pills at night to sleep. On top of it all I am also being treated for a urinary infection!! Like you I am ready to feel better! My surgery was July 18, abdominal hysterectomy. I guess I am impatient while waiting for my body to heal.
Heather

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register