Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

The "lil" part of my nickname is cuz I am only 5'0" (which is why I got the prolapse after DS took up too much space in the ol' utero.

And I swear, if I get a class this year like I had last year....well, let's just say the hysterectomy was a vacation for me!!!!!

Thanks for your vote of confidence. Now I gotta tear myself away from you Hysters and go back to school and set up some stuff....on this Friday evening. *sigh*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 05:07 AM

Thanks for the advice Cathy...

I've been eating yogurt everyday since I've been home...and the visiting nurse told me to drink cranberry juice as well..so that's done...but I'd forgotten about the acidophilus...I'm going to the pharmacy today for that!

Also, with the water, for me, it's like a double edged sword...since I had the torn bladder during the hyst...and it had to have 2nd surgery to have it repaired, it now hurts to pee...so I drink less...so that I pee less. But the doc said it was probably from the foley cath being in for so long and will get better, so I started drinkin more water again..Keeping my fingers crossed!

As for the little rugrats...I know what you are talking about. I teach in a Christian school and was very fortunate to be able to loop with my class lst year...we went from 2nd to third together...to say that they were a group of 'angels' is an understatement! I was truly blessed....BUT this year I hear is much different. So, here we go, beginning school following the hyst, jumping right back into grad school (6 credits), sending the 19 year-old back to college, preparing the 15 year-old for school, and just running the family.

You're right...my vacation WAS the hysterectomy...I told the nurses that since my hyst was on my birthday, that I was recovering in their 'spa' and that I was lucky enough to have them waiting on my every whim...LOL...oh well, one can dream, can't they?!?!

Thanks for advice, Cathy...you are a true friend! As are the REST of you!!!
Have a great day, All!!
Unread 08-11-2007, 09:44 AM

OMG Audrey! I can't believe you spent your birthday in the hospital. I guess that means your birthday suit got lots of attention!

:
A belated Happy Birthday and I really hope that you whoop it up big time NEXT YEAR!

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2007, 10:39 AM

LOL...Yeah...I got LOTS of attention - me AND the birthday suit...modesty has gone OUT the window!!!

The best gift ever though...I'll never have a (heavy, painful) period again!!!
Unread 08-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Happy Belated B-day

Wow! The strength of the hystersisters never fails to amaze me. Audrey, what a b-day gift. Your attitude is awesome. Tough way to get a great gift, though.
Unread 08-11-2007, 10:49 AM

Oh any by the way...the association that my school belongs to is sponsoring a cruise to Nova Scotia next summer...it's planned for right affter I complete grad school...so HECK YEAH...I'm planning to really celebrate-my birthday, my hysterversary, AND the completion of my Master's Degree!!!
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Dreams

Hey! Yesterday, you were talking about weird dreams and nightmares. Early this morning I woke up with a great dream fresh on my mind. I was jogging (which should have been the ingredient for a nightmare) down the street, trying to beat my family home. They had dropped me off so I could walk home while they picked up some of DD's friends. I saw them coming towards me so I ran faster. I Beat Them! I woke up to the tune of Rocky in my mind while doing the Rocky Fist in the Air Jumping Around Celebration dance. It was a GREAT dream.
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:49 AM

Hahaha @ waking up doing the Rocky Fist. I hope it didn't end up in someone's face by accident! That was a good dream. Mybe this is a turning point for you. Tonight who knows what movie will appear in your dreams. I usually have school dreams at the end of summer. Maybe it'll be Dead Poets Society or Up The Downstairs Case (for those of you who might remember) for me. But there won't be any jogging in my sleep or otherwise for a while. Every now and then I forget that I am not supposed to do anything. I don't have Swelly Belly but I am getting Jelly Belly from not exercising. Soon I hope!
<--------no
<-----yes
: <----YES!!!
Unread 08-11-2007, 11:55 AM
good to hear all good news

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUDREY (I love that bannana)
turning the corner to my last week off and i may be ok to go......if i could only get my "regularity" back!
I eat high fiber good stuff but it is a real issue still....anyone else??
Unread 08-11-2007, 12:03 PM

High fiber stuff alone in my diet wasn't cutting it for me. I needed the added boost of metamucil at night and one stool softener tablet daily. THAT did it! I couldn't believe the huge difference in the way I felt when I wasn't constipated. Well, to be honest, I wasn't really constipated but I didn't want to have to strain and going more often sure helped. I drink lots of green tea and have my cranberry juice with Flax Seed oil (ick) and I am good to go! (pun intended!)

*burp*
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register