Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 44 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi all,
To me, you are all angels! I agree: I have learned more on this sight than my doc ever told me. You guys are the best. My hubby thinks it is hysterical that I am on this sight everyday. Sometimes I tell him what my sisters online say or what I have learned from you. He says this is one difference between men and women. (As if we didn't know!)
I have been feeling pretty well the past few days. I forget about how tired I get and I am still flashin', : but I am hanging in there. I had to go to Wal-Mart twice today, so I was worn out. My first trip to W-M ended abruptly because of a bomb threat. Everyone had to leave their cart full of stuff in the store and go home. Then, of course, I had to go back to get all the stuff I needed. I went to a different w-m, though. Our town is about 10,000 population, so I never expected to be in a bomb scare. I was so tired when I got home that I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep in about 30 seconds!
I have a few tricks to get things moving that might help someone. Pear juice works wonders if you can find it. At my grocery store it comes in individual cans, like soda. Also, a friend of mine swears by yogurt-covered raisins. She says they work everytime.
Hope everyone has a nice relaxing weekend. More later,

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 04:27 AM
Success!

Well, I am happy to report that the Metamucil worked!! Unfortuantely I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning for it to come to final completion, but it was so worth it!! Now I'm enjoying some quiet time, watching the sunrise out my back door with a cup of coffee...after this post I'll go outside (if it isn't too chilly--it was 60 yesterday!!) and read my devotions...

Can you believe that sitting at my school's Chicken BBQ and taking tickets/money last night was exhausting? I was only there for 3 hours, sitting on a chair and welcoming folks...but, After my hubby and I ate dinner, I came home, took my Metamucil, drank a tall glass of water, and plopped on the couch til bedtime!

Anyway, Karen thanks for the added info. I remember giving pear juice to my kids when they were babies, never thought of it for grown-ups! Unfortunately, raisins and I don't get along...same with prunes...just one of those foods I don't like very much!!!!

Ladies...have a wonderful day. I think I'll be in my classroom today...hubby is off from work and since we worship at the same church that my school is at, it'll be good to combine the two...some quality time with my hunny!!! Hope he feesl the same way!

Have a great day, will check in later!
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:45 AM

Bak and others treating uti's...please make sure your cranberry juice in NOT of the Ocean Spray variety. you really really really need to head to a hfs and get unsweetened cranberry juice. You can even buy unsweetened in concentrate form and mix with water. I usually do 2 oz to 6 oz of filtered tap water and a squeeze of lime. The simple sugars in the reg cran will only ascerbate the yeasties that accompany the infection. Also cut back on white sugars and white flours as again that will promote yeasties to thrive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2007, 08:15 AM
3 weeks post-op report

Hello Sisters!

It's been a while since I posted b/c I went back to work and battled with insomnia the few days and paid for it the following week. Needless to say, when I was not at work, I was trying to fall asleep. The magical formula for me turned out to be Hershey's Milkshakes in either 'Cookies and Cream' or 'Chocolate'! It's weird, but plain milk didn't work for me. Anyway, it seemed to take a full week to regain my energy level after three nights of insomnia. But last week I worked as hard as always and came home and felt well enough to cook a few simple meals. You know the kind with noodles, cream of something and canned something mixed with cheese! I didn't like it but my family was so happy I finally cooked *something* they ate it up

I feel really good, except for occasional strange discomfort around my belly-button. My energy level has returned in a dramatic way! But I'm careful to balance a full day at work with little or no activity otherwise. I've struggled with fatigue since a year before I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer..which was almost two years ago. In fact, Tuesday I will see my doc at MD Anderson for my two year review. I can't wait to tell her how much my LSH seems to have improved my energy level!

Yesterday I drove my new 4X4 SUV on the beach for the first time! My family accompanied me to the beach near my home and we floated in the clear water. A neighboring party's chocolate lab playfully ran past us on the beach while we soaked up some sun. On one pass, he stopped and singled me out (although my eyes were closed and I did not seek his attention like the others) and gave me a big slobbery-wet kiss on my left cheek! His playful show of affection made me giddy. I wonder if he sensed my happy, yet still vulnerable condition. Later, he swam near me while I walked in the light surf to a sandbar. It was an amazing day. I want a dog like him!

Well sisters, I do get teary-eyed when I hear something beautiful or read our posts and think about how grateful I am for this site! I'm off to Houston next week and won't post again 'til the next. Take care and continue to support each other as always. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Lauri
Unread 08-12-2007, 01:14 PM

Eloo Ladies! Well I just don't know if I'm on track or not. I've never personally known anyone to have TAH, and from this site...it seems that some of my "litter mates" (same surg date) are doing so much better than I am. Gratefully, I didn't have the UTI's some have, but my cat did! (I have 2 brother kitties Fric and Frac) Frac HATES his meds! I am still having serious BM issues. I'm going but it's not regular and "good" like before. I'm off the pain meds, so I thought it would be LOTS better. I'll add the metamucil and see. I for the last week I've had an absolutely splitting headache and serious belly pain in every position except flat on my back, not EVEN walkin any more for 3 reasons 1) pain 2) pain 3) fatigue. I'm not talking about slight fatigue, I mean if I drive to the drugstore for a few things and straight home, I'll be straight out in a HEAVY nap for at least 2 hours. Honestly, I think I feel worse and worse as time passes. Swelly Belly has is huge compared to 2nd week post op. The only improvement is I don't weep quite so constant and violently anymore.....Right now, the belly pain is making my entire body hurt, achey and flulike but with no fever....What in the world is going on. I wouldn't be concerned if all of this was just for a day or two, but seems like this has been going on for a week. Any suggestions or opinions???? God, I wish I felt as well as some of my sista's.......I'd have to feel better to die!!!!!!!! HEEEELLLLPPP
Unread 08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
OH Honey!

Funnymonkey, honey, call your doctor! I don't care if it is Sunday and he's out golfing. That's his job. I wish I could just go get you and take you there. I will be praying for you. I hope this is just the flu as you suggested but don't take any chances. CALL YOUR
Unread 08-12-2007, 02:31 PM
the sequel

I have heard of post op infections that patients actually get from the OR. It is like e-coli and it takes 3 weeks to incubate. It just takes antibiotics to get rid of but first you have to call your doctor. I'm praying for you....barnie
Unread 08-13-2007, 12:22 AM

Monkey, I sure hope by the time you read this, you will have already contacted the Dr. or some medical professional about your discomfort. You didn't mention if you were having a discharge or if there was a strong, unpleasant odor coming from "down there," but with all the pain and swelling, you will want someone to check you out pretty thoroughly. A doctor will want to rule out things like appendicitis, peritonitis, a bowel obstruction....or you may just have a bad case of gas, which can be VERY painful. Whatever it is, you don't need to suffer any more; you have already been through a lot. Let us know how you are doing. I hope you will be feeling relief SOON!
Unread 08-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Monkey

I hope you are better! An RN friend of mine told me that you may just need to tweak your hormones. Now doesn't that sound better than the flu? I have mentioned you often in prayer. It's marvelous to me that I don't know your real name, only your log in name...but God knows you. He will care for you.

Saturday, we drove up into the Big Horn Mts. to a little obscure lake. It is so obscure they won't even let you drive up to it. You have to park below and walk up to it. DH and DD walked very slowly with me. It is approx. 1/2 mile uphill, but it is worth the hike. A little jewel nestled in the mountains like a drop of dew in the petals of a flower. Only God sees it for the most part. We saw two cow and one bull moose on the way up there. Ugly, majestic creatures with a terrible beauty all their own. We kept our distance, they can be unpredictable and vicious, kind of like a woman in menopause.

On the way home, in the dark we saw huge lightening bolts snake their way across the night sky, striking the mountains over and over again. When we woke up Sunday morning the mountain I look at from my living room was on fire. Today, the smoke is so bad we could hardly sleep. We don't have air conditioning so we just have to deal with it. People have had to evacuate their livestock to the fairgrounds.

Anyway, just wanted to check in with you monkey and tell my story to all the hystermates out there. I hope your weekend was fun and Monkey, I hope you are better....barnie
Unread 08-13-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymonkey
Eloo Ladies! Well I just don't know if I'm on track or not. I've never personally known anyone to have TAH, and from this site...it seems that some of my "litter mates" (same surg date) are doing so much better than I am. Gratefully, I didn't have the UTI's some have, but my cat did! (I have 2 brother kitties Fric and Frac) Frac HATES his meds! I am still having serious BM issues. I'm going but it's not regular and "good" like before. I'm off the pain meds, so I thought it would be LOTS better. I'll add the metamucil and see. I for the last week I've had an absolutely splitting headache and serious belly pain in every position except flat on my back, not EVEN walkin any more for 3 reasons 1) pain 2) pain 3) fatigue. I'm not talking about slight fatigue, I mean if I drive to the drugstore for a few things and straight home, I'll be straight out in a HEAVY nap for at least 2 hours. Honestly, I think I feel worse and worse as time passes. Swelly Belly has is huge compared to 2nd week post op. The only improvement is I don't weep quite so constant and violently anymore.....Right now, the belly pain is making my entire body hurt, achey and flulike but with no fever....What in the world is going on. I wouldn't be concerned if all of this was just for a day or two, but seems like this has been going on for a week. Any suggestions or opinions???? God, I wish I felt as well as some of my sista's.......I'd have to feel better to die!!!!!!!! HEEEELLLLPPP
Monkey, I had an LSH which is a laparoscopic procedure where my doc removed my uterus only. This is why I am feeling as well as I do right now. One of my best friends is an ob/gyn and she doesn't know how to perform an LSH. Not many docs do, in fact! She wants to learn it b/c she says the recovery time is totally amazing compared to a TAH, however the LSH is limiting and not a choice for a total hysterectomy.

I didn't have the fatigue you are having with my LSH. But I've had it before due to another problem, and it is debilitating! I am in no way suggesting you have the problem I had b/c you just had major, invasive surgery and this is probably the root cause of your fatigue. Also, what I had is the most *rare* form of cancer, so don't even 'go there'. The reason I share this is to let you know I empathize with you and also agree you should seek medical advice. And like me, if you don't get your energy back when the doc says you should get it back, keep going back to the doc! It took a year for my doc to diagnose my problem, but I *knew* my fatigue was not normal! After a year of trying different things(been my gp for 13 years!), he finally diagnosed it.

Keep resting and don't push too hard. Love those little kitties (found a tiny 4 week old before my surgery who keeps me smiling). You are a princess and need TLC right now. You'll have time to kick some booties later

Hugs,
Lauri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register