Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Have you seen the ASPCA ad on TV with all the injured doggies and kitties? That's enough to send a Hystersister into a full fledged hysteria! We are a collective piece of work, I tell you. I think it is so interesting that our hormones really have so much to do with our sense of okay-ness. And if anyone (except a hystersister) tells us that it is hormones....WATCH OUT!!!
Monkey and Nina----I really hope that tomorrow will be better for both of you. The two of you only live 3000 miles apart from one another. You should meet in the morning for coffee! or

Hugs to all who have those moments of self-doubt, panic, tears, and things that break for no known reason...namely, all of us!

Cathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Cycles

Ovaries and cervix are still present. All I could think of is "It must be the time I am suppose to have my period" Hopefully I will not have to many of these moments.

I notice my stomach swelling up but did not have the tender boobs, so I put it out of my head.

Monkey you only confirmed what I was thinking. I need to call the advice nurse to see if my doctor can help me out before my husband tell my family to have me put away.

Taking more pills to sleep so I don't count sheep

Cathy I'll be driving to Angel's house tomorrow 3000 miles is not far at all.

Good Nite ladies
Unread 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM
3 1/2 weeks post op

Not sure if I did this right but here it goes anyway.

Hi everyone, I don't write to much - more of a reader but thought I would say hello. Had my TAH/BSO took everything. Feeling good, except my job keeps calling (I don't go back till Sept. 4th). I offered to work from home but was that was declined by the boss and now she keeps calling me and having others from the office call. I ignor thier calls and refuse to call back.
Having some pain - feel like what belly flab I have is going to fall on the floor. Not sure what that is about but was told to wear tighter panties from friends. Have been off pain killers for two weeks now. Since we live in Florida and we are having a massive heat wave (over 100 degrees for two weeks now) I take mini trips to Wal Mart to walk.
Other problem I am having is extreme lack of appetite. I've lost over 10 lbs. and have a hard time eating anything. Three bites and I'm full. I don't mind taking the weight off but I would love to have a "real meal".
My DH has been great - he refuses to let me do much at all thankfully. I had surgery three months ago via the belly button and he about had a heart attack when I tried to go back to work three days later. Gotta love a good man. DD is also very helpful.
Hope all my hyster sisters are doing well. Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-14-2007, 08:29 AM

Hi all...I have been laying low the past couple days as I have had a cold...today I feel better, can stand, am showered and dressed and will go with my mother for pedicures and manicures...much needed...it has been a year think!!!
But trying to get in the mode of work on Monday....stilll planning i trying....
I took pain meds last night but Motrin did the rcik this morning....I too lost weight 13 pounds but ya know what trish....lets be happy....
it took me a while to get my appetite back, I would say within the past week and then it was all out gorge...and the weight has stayed off...I think my body is getting back to normal.....I am trying to eat thinkgs that will heal me better...not junk....that way if I eat aolt it is ok.
Hope I feel just as good when I check in later and it is not another case of over doing it.
You are all an inspiration and I am glad I have the support and know I am not alone.....
HAVE A GREAT DAY
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Morning, all! Today has actually started off to be a pretty good day so far. Of course, it's only 9:30am! I got up this morning, showered and shaved so that I would be ready to take my kids for their first day of school. I'm back to not driving, so my husband actually drove us. We took my son to school and got him settled in his new class. He was a little nervous until he saw some familiar faces in the room! It was sweet. My youngest doesn't actually go to school until noon, so we went out and had breakfast at McDs. We also had to make a pit-stop by the doctor's office to get Miss D's shot record for school. So, now everything is in order for her to go to her first day of Pre-K!

Since I was so obsessed with what was going on with them, I forgot to take my meds this morning ~ I'm about to go do that now. I can feel a slight pull still from my little 'setback' Friday night, so pain meds are still needed. I was so glad to finally be off of them! Darn... not exactly back to square one, but I took a good 3-4 steps back.

I start school next week and am so excited! I haven't been in school for 11+ years. It's time to go back!

I'd be glad to host a coffee at my house ~ except I don't drink coffee! Company is always good, though. My doors are open any time! lol

Yeah for good days! Let's hope it continues!
Unread 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM
Barnie's Belly

Now that's a title that's sure to make all of you want to read.

I have had a busy last three days. From hiking in the mts. to teaching Bible Class, worship and a barbecue that evening then had company including 2 little grand nieces that I had to convince that I was the greatest auntie they will ever know and now washing the bedding after sending them on their way. I AM (in the words of our Australian sister, Panda) KNACKERED! My belly is as sore as the 2nd week and as swollen too.

Speaking bellies, here is TMI for you, but if I can't share it with you, who? I had 3 classical c-sections with vertical incisions from my belly button down. Now with the horizontal bikini cut and my belly flab, my tummy resembles the snout of a basset hound! Tell me something, when the HGTV, OB/GYN design team was in there remodeling my children's first home, why didn't they remove the front porch overhang????? There's not much they can do about the rear decking that I lovingly refer to as the rotunda, but really! That front porch overhang is just a sagging, useless appendage now!

Thanks glad to get that off my chest! Now maybe the two upstairs bay windows won't sag so much now.
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Stop!!!! With the remodel description. That made my crease hurt!
Unread 08-14-2007, 02:14 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

You are just TOO funny!

I hope you are feeling better!
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Good Laughter

Hello Ladies,

So much good stuff to read about. All I can do is laugh and it feels good compared to my emotional Monday. I am glad this is not my first or second week of recovery because I would be crawling for my pain medication now from laughter.

Finally called my and left a message for my doctor regarding my private summers and emotional break down I have yesterday out of now where.

I have a habit of looking after my family and leaving me last. So I am proud to say I put myself first today.

Barnabusa I totally feel you on the Budda Belly. I ask my To do a tummy tuck while she was down there and all she did was laugh at me.

Before the surgery I had started changing the way I eat. After the surgery I don't have much of an appetite. So that helps with over eating.

Once I feel 100% I am praying that:
Crunches & sit-ups
Exercising
Long walks

And changing my eating habits will help.

So far today is a good day for me. I hope all my hystersisters have a good day as well

Unread 08-14-2007, 08:29 PM

Krista,
I had to laugh at your making up "tragic stories" about people, etc... because I do the exact same thing! I can't believe my husband still doesn't leave notes when he is gone places! I try so hard to be realistic but my stories get started and the worries come anyway! Glad to hear I am not the only one!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register