Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 49 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Maybe you need to remind your co-workers that just 3 weeks ago you had 1/2 the organs in your torso ripped out. Basically, gutted like a fish! I've had to do this with DH (amazing how short peoples memories are). Please, Please take it easy. It's been said before on this thread, you have exactly ONE chance to heal correctly, PLEASE take advantage of it. This is what the 6 week LOA is all about.....PEOPLE BETTER NOT MESS WITH A HYSTERSISTER, CUZ AT LEAST A 115 SISTA'S HAVE HER BACK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 02:09 PM

You got that right Sister!! We have to take good care of ourselves!We cant go back and re-do it! The people at your work shouldnt be calling you at all!I think there is a law about that or something, isnt there???I am on my thirs week since i had my surgeryand I am still sore and tired, and have alot of pain !Its sad to say but people who havent been in your shoes and no clue!!This is a very major surgery we all just went through!! Tell them to leave you alone!! I will be praying for you sister!! You take care and be good to yourself!! You deserve every minute of it! God Bless You!!
Unread 08-15-2007, 03:07 PM

I had a TAH on July 23rd. I'm in my 4th week and feeling pretty good; no more pain medication. However, I have numbness and burning/sunburn feeling in right upper leg from the inside around the front to the outside. It drives me nuts. From what I can tell it's possible nerve damage and I just have to wait it out, but that's hard to accept, because it's so uncomfortable. I'm getting around well and doing things. Have driven a few times. It's just this leg problem. Does anyone else have anything like this? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and am anxious to see what he says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Feeling bad today

Hello Ladies,

Not only am I feeling tired today, I am having some tummy adomin discomfort. I have been so happy with my recovery. Perhaps I over did myself yesterday and a little today. Just a minor set back. Took 1 pain killer and I am about to call it an early night at 4:00 pm California time.

With the exception of my emotional break down on Monday (which I was able to figure out, is due to not having a period. This is the time my cycle should be starting) As I am typing, I am coming to realize that my pains could be attributed to my cycle as well.

I pray for my body to adjust quickly. It is not fun feeling good for 2 straight weeks and the going back to feel like I am in my second week of surgery.
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Been awhile

Hi all it has been awhile since I posted just not felt like typing I guess.
Things are going fairly well except for the complete lack of sleep. Good lord it is ridiculous. I am going to try Melatonin tonight and hope to heck it works.
I have been hanging out at the pool the last couple of days which is kind of painful since the Dr told me I still can't go in. But I think that I might rebel and at least get in and get out to cool off tomorrow.
I am traveling the next two weekends out of town so that will be nice to get away from home. I drove for 4 hours yesterday and was so exhausted when I got home. The tiredness really just amazes me and I wonder how long it will last

Well I hope eveyone's Wednesday is going ok.

Stephanie
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Not a Good Day

Oh, Ladies, I don't feel like I'm doing so well today! I spent the day at my classroom, but did not move anything...I helped my kids put up my bulltein boards...but OH MY GOSH!!

My belly is more swollen than when I first came home! Add to that my bladder issues, and I just feel like I want to to crawl into a cave and fade away. I cry---will I EVER feel normal again?

So, yeah! I am putting a call into the dotor at 9:00 sharp! I just don't know - still - if it's due to the bladder, or if it's a yeast infection. But I've had enough!

Enough for tonight! Will let you know how things turn out tomorrow. Good night!
Unread 08-15-2007, 06:23 PM

Hi ya'll. It's so good to read what everyone is going thru. I just feel like I'm very lazy. I have almost no energy. I still sleep in a recliner, wake up & get DD's off to school, make/drink coffee, get DH up off to work, watch GMA, Walker, Texas Ranger for 3-4 hours, eat lunch, clean up kitchen, maybe wash/dry clothes, do very little, take a nap, watch "General Hospital", DD's come home from school-hear about their day, watch "Oprah", DH comes home, I cook supper, read emails, take shower, get everyone in bed and go back to recliner, watch tv but usually fall right to sleep. AND SLEEP ALL NIGHT just to get up & repeat it all over. I did go walking when it cooled off last night (high of 105 degrees earlier) and my left side cramped some but like Quiltchick I too had a burning feeling in the top of my left leg, I figured it was from walking. I also noticed a pink/light red discharge-is this from walking????? Is this normal?? It's been 4 weeks since I was "gutted out". I don't take pain medication anymore. It hasn't really hurt that much. Sorry to be so longwinded.
L.
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:02 PM
From the 3-4 week checkpoints lists

Crying? Frustrated? Temper tantrums?

Besides the fact that your hormones are surging up and down causing you to cry during "Long Distance Commercials on TV", this may a point in your recovery where you feel totally and utterly discouraged at your progress. One day you feel great and the next day you feel as though a train had run over you, dragged your body down the tracks and over a cliff.

Be patient with yourself.

You have been through a lot and your body simply needs to heal.

Be kind and patient with yourself and allow the healing to continue.

I reread the above then experimented with the cut/paste options and sure enough, I can put in a reply to thread box. Sometimes, I just have to read those checkpoints again.... I am off to Nebraska....Remember, I am among many sisters praying for you. TAH TAH barnie
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Hi Sisters.
I am home from my first real official day of school, a day with kids and parents and stuff. I held up really well, rarely gave my surgery a second thought except when someone would ask what I did this summer. I sure am tired now. It is probably cuz I didn't sleep too well last night and zi was on my feet all day. I need a footrub but think I'll go drink some tea instead. I miss hanging out with you all here. Sounds like a lot of you are taking it easy which is a good thing to do. I hope your bellies are feeling lots better soon. And keep those hormones from moaning too much!
Back for more later on!
Cathy
Unread 08-15-2007, 07:12 PM

Believe me mshappygolucky you are NOT lazy!! I feel the same way at times!Today I didnt even shower or get dressed, and i stayed in bed until 11:00 AM. I dont sleep at night! You are better then I, at least you cook dinner! Ha! I dont like to cook to begin with! LOL But when I do cook, I cook!! Ha! I like to make meals. My hubby has still been getting the kids on the school bus, I do get up with him though. I have two teenagers one is 14 and one is 16, they pretty much help themselves! And they help me too! My house is a big ugly mess, but thats really nothing new! Ha! It still bothers me though. I am still very sore on the inside and i am always very tired. I havent gone out walking yet, but I really need too. Walking is a good thing! LOL I have had a trip to Wal-Mart for some grocerys the other day though ! Thats wore me out! I couldnt do anything at all the next day. I am not venturing out on my own to much for a while now! Anyways, you be sure and rest and watch all the TV you want too! I am glad you are sleeping at night! Like they say you only get one chance to heal right! So lets do it right! I will be praying for you ! God Bless You!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register