Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

By the way, when I say I cook supper - or anything else, it's from a box or can or out of the freezer into the microwave sort of thing. Maybe peeling potatoes, baking a cake but no real cooking. My DD's are 12 and 16. They do housework once a week - when I get after them. My DH got mad at me yesterday because someone drove in/out our front yard & I didn't know anything about who it was. (We live in the country sort of) He said I don't do ANYTHING ALL DAY why didn't I know who it was?!? Who cares. I was sleeping or on CP. This waiting 6 weeks is getting to be a really L O N G time for him. Personally I could wait much longer. I guess that's whats wrong with him. He fusses at me every day about something. Of course this makes me even more harder to live with. I think DH and DD's are actually seeing just how much Mom does around here and for them. They don't know how to handle it! I'm going to enjoy my next 2 weeks of all this resting---I've earned it! Maybe they'll think who picked, shelled, put up & cooked those peas, washed their clothes, shopped, cleaned, etc. and appreciate it more. (Wishful thinking!???!!!!) I've let it all out now and feel much better. thanks a bunch. Hope all sleep deeply tonight!

43 - TAVH - everything out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 09:08 PM
work calling

Thanks Funnymonkey and Jesusfreak. After reading your reply's I called my bosses boss and told her what was happening and she about freaked out
I told her that I had over 15 messages from my boss and they started 4 days after my surgery. She advised me not to return any calls and definately not to return to work till Sept. 4th and not to stop by the office at all. She is behind me 100% thank god.
Before I left work my boss tried telling me that she felt I could return to work after 4 or 5 weeks since all I do is "sit at a desk". Yeah right. I bill insurance companies for a psychiatric inpatient and outpatient facility and the books we keep our records in are over 10 lbs each. Since I made sure to have the full 6 weeks covered with sick leave on the books I am not returning till the doctor says I can.
Thanks again for my hyster sisters you were the ones to give me the courage to call and let the big dogs know what my boss is doing.
Trisikah1962
Unread 08-15-2007, 11:44 PM

Hooraaay!!! For Trisikah!!! I don't know what has happened to me, maybe the lack of estrogen, but since my surgery I've started not giving my power away. With all of this time to be quiet and reflect, it became quite clear that I thought if I could make everyone else happy then I would be happy. So far, 43 years of this repeated behavior, has not brought me one bit closer to my deep down happiness. Sooo, I've begun standing up for myself. My body, my life, my feelings and no one is going to tell me how to run any of it except me. So there! I guess when God took my ovaries, he gave me a pair of ___. I wonder if the tears during early recovery were simply a sign of transition into a maturity that I've always heard menopausal women had and understood. Shoot, who knows, I don't know what I'm doing....Maybe this is all just good old "crazy lady" rationalization. TIFWIW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-15-2007, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltchick
I had a TAH on July 23rd. I'm in my 4th week and feeling pretty good; no more pain medication. However, I have numbness and burning/sunburn feeling in right upper leg from the inside around the front to the outside. It drives me nuts. From what I can tell it's possible nerve damage and I just have to wait it out, but that's hard to accept, because it's so uncomfortable. I'm getting around well and doing things. Have driven a few times. It's just this leg problem. Does anyone else have anything like this? I'm going to the doctor tomorrow and am anxious to see what he says.
I read in the week 3-4 checkpoints, on one of the side bars, that this was normal. Numbness on thigh/groin and incision. I also have the same tingly, sunburned feeling, not on my leg, but around my incision. I doesn't bother me until I touch it, and then it kinda gives me the oogies. Hard to explain....
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:10 AM

My surgery at july 17th went well, the hospital was a bit lacking in care. NOW Im home and I am only on motrin and aleve.. feeling good and still taking it easy but doing more and more..
Unread 08-16-2007, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymonkey
I read in the week 3-4 checkpoints, on one of the side bars, that this was normal. Numbness on thigh/groin and incision. I also have the same tingly, sunburned feeling, not on my leg, but around my incision. I doesn't bother me until I touch it, and then it kinda gives me the oogies. Hard to explain....

I know that feeling!!! it is oogies hee hee..
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Enough is Enough already

Ok I have freaking had it with the sleep thing. I am at my wits end with this. I tried the meletonin last night not just one but 2 (3mg) and it didn't help. All I want is to have a calm,restless sleep is that really too much to ask. It is really ticking me off. I don't know what else to try.

is how I am feeling today

Stephanie
Unread 08-16-2007, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanari
Ok I have freaking had it with the sleep thing. I am at my wits end with this. I tried the meletonin last night not just one but 2 (3mg) and it didn't help. All I want is to have a calm,restless sleep is that really too much to ask. It is really ticking me off. I don't know what else to try.

is how I am feeling today

Stephanie
Hi well, I use ativan for anxiety, helps tiny bit, I use pm pain reliever with it and seems to help a tiny bit more, but the deep sleeps of 4 years ago seem to never happen. I even quit drinking water after 8 or so and I still get up to pee, I cant win. My doc told me to try benadryl before. Ask your doctor about that too. GOOD [email protected]!
Unread 08-16-2007, 11:18 AM
tried that

Oh yeah I have tried Benadryl but it dries me out too much. I am going to asking the Dr next week for a sleep aid. Hopefully she will write me prescription for something.
Unread 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Re: not sleeping : Try Tylenol PM or Excedrin PM . Works wonders for me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register