Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Be careful with the Tylenol PM and Excedrin PM if Benadryl dries you out. They all contain the same drug - diphenhydramine.

I have had a little trouble sleeping but I am wondering (duh) if it has to do with the fact that I am still taking naps in the day time. I try to do something to tire out about 7-8, stop drinking water after that same time and then do something quiet until it's time for bed. It still takes me a while to get to sleep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 12:39 AM

******Midnite, I have the same heavy feeling sometimes. The first 2 weeks I my tummy really felt heavy. This week I began to take on more chores at home. When I am on my feet to long, my tummy feels heavy. At that point I sit my happy butt down and rest. This is what my body tells me.
:timeup:
******Presouz, I know I should not pick up my grandson. I swear I am not doing it a lot.

******Ladies, can someone tell me what do the internal stitches look like when they pass through the vagina? How do you know?
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninalikes
******Midnite, I have the same heavy feeling sometimes. The first 2 weeks I my tummy really felt heavy. This week I began to take on more chores at home. When I am on my feet to long, my tummy feels heavy. At that point I sit my happy butt down and rest. This is what my body tells me.
:timeup:
******Presouz, I know I should not pick up my grandson. I swear I am not doing it a lot.

******Ladies, can someone tell me what do the internal stitches look like when they pass through the vagina? How do you know?
OK hun, just worry about my sisters!!! I have not seen any stitches yet, let me know if you find out about them if they pass or if they fully disolve.. nite nite!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 06:13 AM

Presouz and Ninalikes- when I was talking to my dr about the stitches, he said that I would not see them passing because he sewed the stitches from the inside. I had a TAH with cervix removed. He said they would just dissolve internally. I'm thinking the stitches that pass are if you had a vaginal hysterectomy.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainTexas
I've been reading this thread, but not really posting. I realized last night that I had a pain-free day yesterday! I haven't been in tons of pain for a while, but I usually ended up with some discomfort during the day. Yesterday and today were pain free! Now if I could just get my energy back.... I started back at work last week working half days. I'm feeling the pressure from coworkers (not my boss) to work a little longer. I'm going to try a 2 hour lunch today to rest and see how I do. I work close to home, so I'll be able to go home and rest. I'm just not sure it'll work.
Lisain, you are pushing it. Tune out the fellow employees, if your boss is willing to let you heal don't worry about the rest. Good fellow employees come to the rescue. I have rescued many and filled in for many over the years. There is one ungratful individual in particular that is whining, but the rest are great and my boss and company are very supportive, probably because I've always been the one to cover when we came up short on help. If you do not give yourself time to recover, you may be gone longer if something goes wrong.
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uisqnb2
Presouz and Ninalikes- when I was talking to my dr about the stitches, he said that I would not see them passing because he sewed the stitches from the inside. I had a TAH with cervix removed. He said they would just dissolve internally. I'm thinking the stitches that pass are if you had a vaginal hysterectomy.

Haaa, yes, I can see that now. Thanks!!!
Unread 08-17-2007, 02:42 PM

That is the same thing my doctor told me about the stitches. I had a TAH and kept my ovaries....cervix is gone; and he said they would dissolve.
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:38 PM
4 Week update...

Hi Sisters,

I finally gave in and called the doctor...and I DO have a UTI...I feel so relieved that this isn't in my head!! Since the bladder surgery, I totally thought that he might tell me that it was this was all part of the healing process. I don't, however, have a yeast indection...I guess that's good.

We did discuss the weepiness. I couldn't get through the appointment with him without crying! He told me that what I was feeling was normal for post surgery, especially with the complications I had. I guess, according to him, I put up a good front in the hospital, but the recovery at home has been difficult.

In any event, he put me on a low dose of anti-depressent for a couple of months to try to get me over the hump of healing, going back to work with the kiddies, and going back to grad school. My next appointment happens to fall right after the first day of school! I should be in great form, don't ya think?

So, that's what's going on here. One day at a time! Hopefully each day will be looking better now!

Thanks for the support!
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:08 PM

Thank you ladies for answering the question about stitches. After reading everyones replies, I felt a little stupid. If you think about it why would I have stitches passing through my vagina. All I had was my uterus removed. I quess I just needed to discuss it out loud because of other ladies talking about stitches.

******Audrey, sorry to hear about you feeling so emotional. It is really said when we could not handle out emotions when were had our periods and now here we are feeling emotional without periods. Go figure.

Ladies I have been complaining about not feeling myself all week. Today I went to a funeral held at a Catholic Church. I stood and sat like everyone else during the funeral mass. After the funeral I had so much lower tummy pain that I had to take pain meds. My sister said I should have sat down throughout mass but I did not want to be disrespectful. Now I am paying for it.

Wouldn't you think 4 weeks should give us some grace of not having pains??????????? This is too much. I am so tired of not knowing how I will feel from day to day.
Unread 08-17-2007, 10:13 PM

I had my TAH/BSO same day as you..and I am still taking it easy, when I try to be my usual busy bee, I pay for it, so taking it easy is for me, I still take motrin or Aleve daily, no need for hard stuff unless I am a bad girl and try to do too much.. IT takes a lot longer then I thought but I want to heal properly.. so I am really trying to follow the rules you know?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register