Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi Sisters of the Hysters!
I just finsihed my first week back in the classroom WITH kids. (I've actually been going there for the last 3 weeks to set up my classroom) Today I put in a 12-hour day and my feet hurt. So I will just hang out here and read about y'all.
I guess I'm glad I started going thru the change o' life about a year before my surgery. At least back then I could blame my weepiness on my youngest going away to college and having the class from "you-know-where." It was a tough year!
I don't physically miss my uterus.
I don't feel like it's gone. I suppose that's a good thing. I was worried I would go into mourning or something but since it wasn't doing all that much for me in a positive way, I don't feel anything emotionally about having had the surgery. Am I in denial? I don't miss my wisdom teeth or my tonsils either but that's different.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 10:49 PM

I went to church last Sunday for the first time and was WIPED out. The pew was unforgiving even with a pillow. I slept for 5 hours after I got home from church!! So many times, the chairs are uncomfortable and I feel better sitting on the floor. I'm 4 weeks out and I am REALLY concerned about my strength.

I am so happy that I have not been emotional or weepy - just tired.
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Back to work

[font=Verdana]Evening, Ladies! I have not had time to write in the last few days as my teaching contract started this week and I have been sitting in meetings every day. Therefore, my tummy is hurting and I am TIRED at the end of the day! I think it will actually be a little better next week when the kids are there. At least I'll be able to move around, sit, stand, change positions, this seems to help with my discomfort. Overall though, I feel good. This morning was the first morning I got up at "school" time and got ready. I actually felt good! I was surprised since it has been so long since I have felt that!

Okay, so everyone decided if you have a TAH, there is no stitches coming out. So, then why did I have one this morning???? I saw it! I have been having the clear fluid leaking (I think someone felt like they were peeing) for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes it is a little yellow but not thick like an infection. But, why the stitch? I saw it and it definitely was that. Could it be because I had a sling for my bladder put in also?????? Now you have me wondering.

Take care, Everyone![/
FONT
]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Not feeling alone

Hip Hip Hurray you made it through the week Cathy. If you can fit it in, treat your feet to a pedicure.

Slowing down is so hard. I think I am not over doing it but my body tells me differently.

I should have taken a pillow with me to church. The bed was my best friend this afternoon. What was I thinking
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM

I had a bladder sling and I noticed that I don't get that immediate urge to run to the potty like I did before the surgery. I used to go from feeling ok to running to the bathroom with my legs crossed. Now I have to remind myself to go.
I haven't seen my stitches. I don't think I passed them. I am wondering if I'll ask the doctor to tell me more about the surgery and see if there are photos at my 6-week check up.
I am a little envious of the ladies here who are feeling a strong desire to...um...resume relations with their husbands/partners. I have experimented to see if things are still "working" (and they are!!!) but I am not chomping at my bit to get back in the saddle, so to speak. Maybe it's cuz I have a lot on my mind with work and other things in my life, or maybe it's cuz it is sooooooo much in the forefront of my boyfriend's mind that I am getting performance anxiety but I wouldn't mind if the doctor told me to wait a couple more weeks. TMI, huh?

:timeup:
Unread 08-18-2007, 03:22 AM

Ladies I need a time out bedroom for mommy/wife/caregive. With a big sign which reads "Danger e nter in at your own risk
Unread 08-18-2007, 04:43 AM
Tah 23rd July 07

Hi Well Almost 4 Weeks Post-op, Flew Home To Uk After 2 Weeks, Feel Great Taking Rest And Drinking Plenty, Also On Premerin And Vitamins, Swelly Belly Aching And Itching, Constipation Too!! Eating Prunes Alot! Gentle Walks Help Tho, Still Having Afternoon Naps And Putting My Feet Up. Hope Everyone Doing Ok, My Thoughts Are With U All.. From Wales Uk..
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:04 AM

Good moring, Ladies....

So good to read your responses...Cathy CONGRATS on completing your first week ...and Hafner, I understand your pain! I still have two more weeks before we officially begin, and like the both of you, I've been going in-but end up getting the swelly belly and leave after just a couple of hours.

Relations? HA...can't even begin to think about it. My DH has been soo loving and supportive! We have an anniversary on Sunday, and I am just not excited about it. I'm hoping the antidepressant kicks in soon, so that I can enjoy life again, and be the wife and mother to my family that they knew before these surgeries took place!

My hubby, friends, and doc keeps reminding me that even though I agreed to 'just' a hysterectomy, I got much more than I bargained for...the emotions are expected...I wish their kind advice helped some.

Since I had the LAVH, I've seen no stiches yet...keep wondering if I will...Although one of the laproscope incision sites has yet to lose the scab...which I think is totally interesting! Hmmmmmm......

Vaginal discharge is a much different consistency however. It's much more clear and more liquid than before. No odor. Wondering if that's how is should be...

Well...I'm off to the classroom this afternoon for an hour or two, then to a graduation/going away party (a friend's son is leaving in two weeks to go to US Marine boot camp)...have a great day, friends!!!
Unread 08-18-2007, 08:05 AM
4 week recovery

Hi ladies, I have been reading alot of your posts. Sounds like some of us have been overdoing it. I had my wake up call this week. I had my post-op at 4 weeks because I intended to go back to work full time on Monday (retail manager, alot of desk work, but I do go on the showroom floor). I have a great doctor who will take the time to address any concerns I have. Her nursing staff is always available for questions too. It's a well run office, some of the comments I hear from you, I don't get the feeling the doctor's are making themselves available.
Some of the things we addressed:
She extended my leave from work with the understanding that I will go to work on my own speed and (I am very lucky) my employer is more than happy with that.
I told her I am finding spending extra time with the Hubby frustrating because he is looking good to me, and she warned me only 's for 2 more weeks. We finally have all this extra time together (he's retired) and we can't have that kind of fun. oh well
as far as stiches goes, she said it depends on how the surgery was done and how your body disolves the stiches. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and kept my ovaries. She said I still had my stiches, but I could pass a couple from 4 weeks to 2-3 months and not to be alarmed.
I think some of you are afraid to bother your doctor's. I learned a long time ago, what you don't know can hurt and that's what you are paying them for. Time is what we need for a great recovery. Hope all of you are feeling better soon. can't wait for the next recovery check list, I hope they send a 4-6 week, so far my doctor has agreed to all those guide lines, these people know what they are talking about.
PS- finally got my pathology report, all clear, what a relief!
Unread 08-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi all,
I have only read but never posted. First I would like to say thank you to each and every one of you! You have made me laugh, cry, and most of all take it easy no matter what! I believe my recovery has been so easy because I had a wonderful nurturing doctor, an amazing DH and of all of you.

I never took pain meds (they don’t agree with me), BM’s have been regular, and I started back to work last week. With every day back I have felt better and better. Although I feel great I am having some spotting, pinkish red with no order, for about a week, doctor visit is Tuesday.

My one regret since I have been reading here is that I didn’t copy all the things that made me laugh and put them into a word doc on my desk top. That way I could have a quick fix every now and then. You are all amazing women. Thank you so much for sharing. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

MJ

TAH- still have one ovary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register