Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Wow we started on here the same month and look I have so many posts already!! I am a chatty gal! I love reading all these posts, I do laugh, cry and pray for all of you. Jamgigi, I am in shock you are back to work already, I had a TAH/BSO with Burch procedure on July 17th, I mean I am working too but I am commission only and dont have to drive I work from home and can lay down and rest most of the day. Needless to say I am either lazy or my body really needs me to rest and I am listening, at my age 51, I may take longer to heal then I would 10 years ago. I am doing what I can during the day but very rarely push it. When I do push it I feel it the next day and at times 2 days.. Thanks for finally posting. Welcome!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Where is everyone?????

Hello Ladies,

I noticed that there are no postings since Aug 18th. I hope this means that everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Great weekend for me. Went shopping Saturday and cooked dinner for family from out of state on Sunday. No tummy pains only a little back ache. Not too bad for a busy weekend.

Reading over the postings about the "Teachers" and other ladies that have gone but to work makes me feel like a whimp. I commend you ladies. I am not due to go back to work Sept 11th. I feel good but I am afraid to go back to work. Thinking my body will not hold up for the 10 hour days. Hopefully my walks are helping to builded up my strength. I will see what my doctor have to say next week for my 6 week check-up.
Unread 08-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Here I am!!!

Hey ya'll. Here I am. I had a very restful weekend but slightly stressful. My 16 yr old DD thought she had to go to the ER - her knees were numb, her head hurt bad, her neck was stiff, yadayadayada. We spent Fri. in ER & home all weekend to go back to doctor today only to be told she has anxiety. And she agreed! One of my sisters lost a baby, I had my TAVH, another sister had neck surgery....guess DD was needing some attention. I got VERY aggravated at her and my 12 yr old - all the yaa-yaaing and fussing. I lost it. It will be 5 weeks tomorrow since my TAVH. I'm FINALLY feeling very good, not getting so tired & am looking forward to going back to work next week after my 6 wk check up. Maybe DD's will settle down some then. DH, bless his heart, works all the time or stays out in his shop working on old Model A's & such. I'm proud to say I can see a silver lining in the near future. Have a GREAT week!!!
L.
43 TAVH 7/7/7 everything out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack

Hey Sistahs!
This crazy ole' hystersister survived the trip to NE to take my DD, the youngest, to college. :steer:The drive was 13 hours one way and 12 on the way back (time change). I stayed two nights with my sister. We shopped, shopped ate out and shopped. While DH and DD went to the financial aid department and did a bit of shopping on their own!. Don't worry, my shopping was for Christmas gifts that I can make to help the budget that was being blown outta the water by tuition. Then one more night with my sister-i-l.

Getting DD through her registration line was brutal. I stood with her through half of it then grabbed chairs as they came available. The pain was present but minimal, it was the weakness that came over me. There are no reserves in my strength bank. Wow! I literally would get lightheaded and couldn't carry on conversations, but after sitting for 3-5 minutes I could move on with her down the line and stand until the next chair could be vacated.

That evening at my sister-in-law's I was miserable. This lady is a remarkable, 67 yr old widow with the energy of a Labrador puppy! I love her and wouldn't hurt her for the world, but she works so hard to make her guests comfortable, she makes them uncomfortable. This little powerhouse grew fearful that the exhausted looks on our fatigued bodies were a sign of boredom and insisted on "zipping over to see her grand babies" To save a buck she turned off her ac then, forgot to turn it back on. By the time we returned, my DD and her BF had come over to celebrate my birthday. Wahhhh. I was being loved to death. I finally left the party and fell into bed in this very overheated, humid house at 11:30 and slept through everyone's goodbyes, only to wake up every 20 minutes because I was too hot. DH was miserable too, only the heat wasn't triggering hot flashes in him. Too make matters worse, I was attacked by a moth! Wahhhhhhhhhhhh. sniff. sob.

The next day, we dragged ourselves out of the finally cooling bed, met with DS-I-L's profound apologies for forgetting to turn the ac back on. Went to worship, sat next to DD and wiped the occasional tear that trickled down, took her to lunch, gave her repeated advice, told her of our love and pride in her and after we prayed together, wiped away some more tears we said goodbye. I cried all the way to Ogallala then only when one of us would comment on something.

Rotten kids, put 18 years into raising them, they just get fun to hang with then think they have to strike out on their own. I wouldn't have it any other way.

TODAY...PAMPER THE PRINCESS!!!!!
Unread 08-20-2007, 05:35 PM
OK, now I'm scared....

....to go back to work because I don't know if I can HANDLE it!

I've been lurking here ever since my July 19 TAH (kept ovaries but am on Loestrin due to hemorrhagic ovarian cysts found during surgery) and can't thank everyone here at HysterSisters enough for all the late-night "My-incision-is-spotting-OMG-what the-heck-should-I-do" freak out reassurance.

And reading of all your progress here has helped inspire me and keep me going. I've been healing well, stopped taking pain pills after a week, and have only been spotting here and there. Energy is going up every week but I share others' experience that doing too much on one day makes it difficult for 1 or 2 days after. But I've been walking slow on treadmill and trying to increase endurance slowly over time.

But I have been moved to de-lurk and post now because I am officially terrified. I teach school which started today for teachers only and was told by my dr. that at 4.5 weeks it is too soon to work this week and to listen to my body as to when to try half days (I was thinking next week).

We-ell, I didn't figure it would hurt to just go into my classroom today, meet new TA's (I teach kids w/ multiple disabilities) and get them going w/ some tasks for the week.

WRONG! WRONG! WRONG!

I mostly sat, just walked a teeny bit in classroom, but stayed for 4 hours. By the time I got home I was a miserable crying lump of wastedness. I had to take a pain pill in the middle of the day because my entire mid torso (not my lower belly) ached like someone was grabbing a hold of it! Until it kicked in, every bathroom trip brought me to exhausted sore tears.

I am now officially afraid to start back to work, esp. because it's so physically demanding.

Thanks for listening, I just had to let it all out, girls. I am resting now and have no plans to go back this week. Is it too much to hope that even though today was such a car wreck that this will get easier by next week??

Unread 08-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Back To Work Today

Hi ladies!

This is the first time that I have posted although I have been reading since before my LATVH on July 18. This site has really helped me out and glad I have found it. I went back to work today. Doctor released me for 4 to 6 hours per day. I worked 5 hours today. I was tired when I got off but it wasn't as bad
as I thought. I return for my six week check up August 31 and
dr probably will release me. Everybody at work said I looked 100% better. I guess I looked and felt horrible before surgery.
Barnie, I am glad everything went ok getting DD to college. My
DS has already left. He is a senior in college but I still feel so sad when he leaves. My right arm has been hurting since surgery. It was the arm that my IV's were in. It kind of aches.
Does anyone know if this is normal? Well, getting tired so I'll go for now.

happycook
Unread 08-20-2007, 06:47 PM
back to work

I went back to work with the intention of only staying 4 hours. We had our company picnic yesterday, stayed for the whole thing and only participated in the whimpy games, nothing strenuous. One of my co-workers wives warned me the hardest part of starting back part time is getting out of there when I hit my limit. I was aching after 4 hours, could not escape until 5 hours. Tomorrow should be easier, I'm not going in until late because I have my mamo and 6 month meeting with my breast cancer doctor. ( Let's not forget that part of the body- early detection is the key, check your calenders ladies, with all that is going on, you do not want to neglect your mamogram think pink). I apologize for preaching, but it's a personal thing.

I was amazed at how much I got accomplished, most of my fellow employees are still trying to pick up the slack. My boss kept nagging me not to do too much, gotta get him a thank you gift, he's been great.
I hope all of you ladies are feeling much better. Check out the week 5 and 6 check list, they have some good excercise tips. I have to print them out for myself. Can't wait to get started. have a great week-take it slow
Unread 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Good evening new posters

Wow, I was outta the loop for 4 days and we have heard from lots of new hystersisterposters. Cool!

Abby, just remember how much better you are this week. You are right, though, we don't seem to have any "extra" in reserves so listen to your body. As we keep reminding each other, we only heal right, once. Next week you will be even stronger and that marvelous source of our power will be even more evident.

Happycook, pick up your phone and ask your doctor's nurse. You may just have had a reaction to the stuff in your IV. This would be a question I would love the answer for.

Have a great night.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Unread 08-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Welcome aboard Abby & Happycook. I agree, this website is so wonderful and so are the ladies who participate in the threads.

Barnie......I feel your pain when a chick leaves the nest. Hang in there Mom! Just reading your email made me feel exhasted. You were a little busy, but I am sure you enjoyed being with your sister.

Happygolucky.......Wow sorry to hear about your sister losing her baby. I am sure that was really hard. Was this her first child? How are you holding it together will everything going on around you?
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:53 AM
To all of you back at work

YOU HAVE TO BE ! YOU HAVE MY PROFOUND RESPECT AND AWE.

AW-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-E!

I am so grateful to still be home without a schedule to hem me in. I could get used to this.

Today is my first time to see the DR. I have a bunch of questions to ask him, even more than on the week 5-6 checkpoints. Maybe he will retire after me.... who knows.

I got on the scale today.... sigh I have gained back all the lbs that I lost after surgery. DH and I are starting weight watchers online today. Anyone else out there on the program? I am a dozen-time dropout. This time I want to stick with it. It will be great to surprise my DD with a 20 lb. drop by Thanksgiving.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register