Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi everybody! Went to Ocean Shores (2 1/2 hour ride) last thurs thru Sunday with a girlfriend. Excellent girly beach weekend. We attended a huge Fellowship conference and were really busy walking, talking....etc. Got some excercise walking in the soft sand, to the packed sand. What a workout! I have never realized how much our core muscles are used every day. Went back to the condo and rested one hour for every 3 hours of being active and that seemed to be the perfect formula. I'm not needing any naps during the day, and usually have a great nights sleep. Still have probably 3 nights out of the week that I find myself up until 2-3 in the morning and on those days I make sure to get up at the usual time 7-8 am and resist a nap. I've made a discovery!!! Ran across some posts on the hormone page reagarding Coconut oil (do a search on coconut oil and it will bring up the related posts). Used it for the first time last night on my face and hands. I am amazed. Facial skin is soft and supple (eye crepe-iness is gone), same for my hands. Cuticle and nails look like I've been to the salon. It's recommended to incorporate into the diet as well, for weight loss, thyroid support, cholestrol health, etc. Did a fair amount of research on this and was satisfied with what I found to give it a try. Please don't go on my suggestion, be sure to research this for yourself. Also, there is a huge difference in the processing of this oils you may want to research this also. Short story...You want Extra Virgin Coconut oil, cold expeller-pressed. It's more pricey, but anything else is processesd with solvents (which you really don't want to ingest) remember, anything you put on your skin is absorbed into your system (just like our estrogen patches). Also, compared to week 2-3, my moods swings seem to have flattened out. Not nearly as weepy. And anger issues have subsided. Don't get me wrong, this hystasistah can still be sent into orbit fairly easily, but I make re-entry into this atmosphere alot more quickly Hope all not posting are doing well! Drop a line, I miss you guys........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 11:09 AM

Nina yes he was my sisters 1st child (16wks but didn't develop properly) It was a VERY sad trying time. It was only by the grace of God that I held it together when noone was looking. By myself, well, I cried an awful lot. But everything happens for a reason. God is in control and gave me serenity.

I too have gained back my weight I lost but my swelly belly is going down except on the days I do too much. We just have to 'hang in there'!!!

Lynn
43 - TAVH - everything out
Unread 08-21-2007, 01:26 PM
Hallelujah!

Just back from my post op appt. Everything is great. I feel so charged. Since I am cleared for all activities, I want to try them all today!

Vacuuming, mopping is up to me, he said. My DH was in the room so he spent more time on the sex issues for his sake. Very nicely told him to be sure I was in the mood, be gentle and that I probably won't feel like it for another month so just be patient. Actually, between you and me, DH was kinda relieved. He has treated me like glass for so long now, the green light may have scared him.

He strongly recommended swimming as a good exercise and even power walking. Just cautioned me to listen to my body, be patient and add on more and more until I am back to full strength.

Warned that I will need up to a year to be fully healed and I will still feel swelly belly and sore for 2-3 months. Funnymonkey may have hit on a formula for activity with 1 hour rest for 3 hours action. Thanks for the coconut oil tip, I'll investigate this....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2007, 04:59 PM
Back To Work Day 2

Hi all!

Well I worked 5 hours again today. I am tired but I usually am at this time of day anyway. I didn't call my Dr about my arm pain but asked the nurse in the office where I work. She said she had not heard of right arm pain because of the IV but said to be sure to mention it to my Dr next week at 6 week post op appointment.

Gosh, Barnie you are already cleared for vacuuming and mopping at 5 weeks. I sure am not going to tell my DH about that! I'm in no hurry to start doing that again.

I have lost about 15 lbs since surgery. I have really been watching what I eat. I have been trying to eat my bigger meal earlier in the day and have something light in the evening. Hope I can keep it up especially since I am back to work and the Reps bring in lunch to the doctors office once or twice a week!!!

Talk to everyone later

Happycook
D & C August,2006
Ablation December, 2006
LATVH July 18, 2007 (Everything taken)
Unread 08-21-2007, 07:50 PM
1st day-Hooray

Hello, All! Today was my first day with kids and it went wonderfully! I even had class tonight from 5-7 and still feel great! And I didn't even sleep well last night. Who knows what I will feel like tomorrow but today is awesome! I am very surprised! We are having a "heat" day tomorrow so kids will only be there until 12:15 so even if I am feeling more tired I won't have to "perform" for long!

Welcome to Happy Cook and Abby! I'm glad you are here!

Thanks for bringing up the checklist. I had forgotten about it since the first one was just sent to me. I will go look at 5-6 weeks and see the suggestions.
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:13 AM
Pain in left lower flank

Hi everyone,
I had a TAH July 28, incision healed well, did have a urinary infection about 2 weeks ago, which I was on an antiobiotic. Now I have this annoying pain in my lower left hand side, back. I wonder if it is another urine infection. Could it be something to do with the surgery?
Painful when I sit, or stand too much, and also in bed at night. Does anyone else experience this?

Heather
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
left side booboos

Yep. Several of us have had that. I had my post op check yesterday and asked him about that. DR said that the nerves are more closely grouped together on the sides, and the abdominal wall really gets manipulated on that side. He said it will be an indicator of too much activity for up to 3 months so just be patient and slowly add on more and more activity until I work back up to pre op strength.

I called his nurse during my 3rd week recovery, she mostly told me the same thing then, only added that if it intensifies or does not get any better to be sure and call them.

Hope this helps...
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:25 AM

Barnie
I've been doing WW since May. I tried once before to do it online but honestly only had limited success. I do better hauling myself to an actual meeting. I find the helpful hints, hearing others successes and the meetings themselves to be really motivating. I'm almost to my 10% first goal. Continually sabotaging myself since surgery though and have been plateued since my first week initial post op weigh in.

On a different note...after returning to work, which I felt physically fine doing, my body put on the brakes this week with a rotten bout of sciatica. I've apparently aggrevated my piroformis muscle and the swelling is impinging ont he sciatic nerve and I have the most horrific unrelenting leg pain from the base of my arse to my calfs. thankfully I had the leftover percoset in the house which allowed me to run run run from the pain (that or have my dh run me over in the driveway to put me out of my misery). I'm now on megadoses of prednisone to get the inflammation down and vicodan to manage the pain and am off work for another freakin week.
And I was feeling so darned good to have this happen now. Good to know it's not structural at all and I shouldn't have to see a neurosurgeon and have more testing as long as the meds and PT do the job. BTDT in 1997 with a laminectomy once before.

So that is me. Take baby steps. LISTEN to your body and ease up and back off when necessary
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
weight watcher

Hi Barnie...
I have lost almost 80 pounds on WW....I will start counting pounts (it is a lifetime commitment if you stop counting you gain..) as soon as I return to work...

I work in the Culinary field, at a University so my students are always bringing me food and I love food more then most..all food...so if i can do it so can you..maybe we can start a WW support link for sisters??

I go back to work Sept 1st nervous as my co-workers i belive think this surgery was a way for me to have summer off....really...
feeling better, did too much yesterday so i am trying to rest but will start running around here soon....
have a good day
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:12 AM
lbs of love

Hey, thanks for the responses on WW! I took pretty good care of myself to get me over this TAH, I will apply the same determination to WW. I have been a dropout so many times in the past but I am only a failure if I quit trying. Doc has me on glucophage for metabolic syndrome. My mama was type II Diabetic. I don't want to go there. Glad there is a chance to change that course.

Fancymel, I was worried about you. I had read on another thread that you were doing poorly. You were in my prayers all weekend. Did you go to the dr? Are you okay?

Hugclub, OH BOY! I only have a bit of the pain you were describing. Dr. said it will improve as the swelling goes down and I get better muscle tone. It is the most annoying pain. I was terrified it was a blood clot. Still, even after he assured me it wasn't I woke up last night with the pains and wondered. I hope you heal quickly and enjoy that extra week of R & R.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register