Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
A cure to help BM's

Hello Ladies,

Monday a friend accompanied me on my morning walk. After the walk she insisted that I go to her house for coffee. To my surprise she had already prepared a healthy breakfast of fruit and granola bars. My girl friend took some of the fresh fruit with cold sparkling water and blend it all together in a little gaget called the "Magic Bullet". It was so good and yummy.

So I went home and tried to create the same drink at home with my blender. The blender took a little longer to blend and the texture was a little off. Which made me want my own Magic Bullet. Target had only 2 left on sale on the clearence rack. I was so happy.

After Target I went shopping for fruit. Bought some honey dew melon, cantalope and apples and made my own smoothie with my Magic Bullet.

Guess what ladies today before 12 noon I have had 2 BM's. I am so charged. It would be hit and miss if I had 1 BM a day. Wow weee. I am doing the happy bathroom dance.

To the ladies doing WW. Way to go. I lost 5 pounds by changing my eating habits and walking. Please keep us posted with your progress so we can cheer each other on.

To the ladies that are still having some problems. Rest is the best advise. If you know you are doing everything you are suppose to do......... Call your doctor!!!!! Just to make sure everything is ok. It is ok to be a pillow princess a little longer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 03:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

It is so nice to be pain free, but when will my energy find it's way back????? I'm so tired of being tired! I am back to full days at work yesterday and today. We are a small office of 1 agent (boss) and 4 staff of which 2 are "newbies." Of course, I'm one of the 4. The other long-term girl had to take some days off to move her elderly parents. My boss has been so good about making sure I get rest and lecturing me not to push myself. Well, yesterday his MIL had a seizure and it doesn't look like she's going to make it (she's 90 and has lymphoma). So he had to go out of town. That leaves me and the newbies. They are too new to be left alone. My boss was adament that he still didn't want me to push myself, but I have a hard time cutting my day short and leaving the blind to lead the blind. Today I was feeling good, but crashed about an hour ago. I could lay my head down on my desk and go to sleep without any trouble. I'm just sitting here watching the clock and answering the newbie's questions.
Unread 08-22-2007, 03:41 PM
So tired!!

Hi everyone!

Here I thought I was doing so great working 5 hours a day this week, but I came home today soooo tired. I guess it's catching up with me It looks like it's going to be a do nothing evening for me tonight.

I'm sorry Hugclub that you are feeling poorly. Hope things get better for you real soon

Nina, I've been tempted to get one of those Magic Bullits. Sounds like you can make some real healthy drinks in them. I'm going to check at our Target & see if they have any on clearance here.

I wish everyone good luck on their weight loss programs! Keeping my weight down has always been a struggle for me because I love to cook and love to eat even more

Happycook
D & C August, 2006
Ablation December, 2006
LATVH July 18, 2007
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2007, 03:43 PM
lisa

Yikes! Lay that little head down, girl. Make it look like you are writing out a long boring form and are really concentrating so those newbies will leave you alone for a 10 min snooze.

....not that I've ever done that or nuthin'
Unread 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Check up

Had my final check up today at almost 5 weeks Dr. is out next week. She said all looks really good. Cuff is still healing but looks good.
She is checking my estradial levels because I have been having some hot flashes and not sleeping so she may put me on estrogen for a little bit even though I have my ovaries still. They may not be up to par just yet. She also called in a prescription for Ambien thank the lord I can't wait to take that tonight.
I have been cleared for all activities but she did remind me to take it easy as I get back into things.
I am started to get sad because I have to go back to work next Friday, I have really liked having all this time off it had been great.
Well hope all is well.

Stephanie
Unread 08-22-2007, 06:18 PM
5 Week Update

Hi Friends,

Well, today is the '5 week' milestone. Things are finally starting to look up for me. I've been on the antibiotic for 4 and a half days for the UTI and can finally pee without too much pain. The problem is that I'm just not a water drinker, and without it, there are still problems. The colace seems to be working, and I don't think the Cymbalta has taken effect yet...although I'm not as weepy as I had been.

Been working in the classroom about 4 hours a day. At that point, I have a swelly belly, and the energy level really starts to peter away. I generally come home and flop on the couch for the remainder of the afternoon. School for me starts two weeks from yesterday, with the children coming in the following day. Grad school classes begin the day after that. Gosh, I just don't know how I'm going to do it this semester!!!

My DS leaves for college on Friday morning. He's driving his own car, with my daughter and their dad. I wish I could go, but I know the 10 hour trip will do me in! Actually when we dropped him off last year, it took us 13 hours to get home due to horrible rain that followed us the entire way. It's a sad time since we are close, and he is such a good kid to have around the house! :dance2:

My DH comes home from work every night and tells me how much better I'm looking. I'm glad he sees it, because I certainly don't feel it! But then, compared to even a week ago, I guess it is better. I'm just so tired of being tired. If you know what I mean.

Anyway, that's all for now. My next appointment happens to be at 7 weeks, because the Dr is away on vacation next week. So, he'll get to see me after a full day of work!!! That should be pretty! Hehe!!!

Thanks for all of your upbeat messages. They really keep me going, and give me hope that I too, will begin to feel better as you all are! I guess the second surgery really took me to a whole different level!!

Well, good night! Happy healing to all!
Unread 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hello Ladies:

It has been 5 weeks, i am feeling much better, flew to Dallas last weekend for my Dad's 60th, did ok but slept for 2 days when i got home. I took the full 6 weeks off of work. I will be going back on the 3rd of sept. I am feeling much better but in the afternoon, if i have been up doing things, the swelly belly comes back. I will be glad when that is gone. Dr. seen me at 2 week check up and said i did not need to come back for a year. I think that is odd i think you should have a 6 week check up. He told me i could resume sex at 5 weeks. Well i did and now i have cramping today. It was not great i hope it improves. Best of luck to all you ladies.

Miss Musick
Lavh Uterus only July 18th
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
The Pea Pod of Post-op Prayers

Prayer
Please grant me this pea pod of prayers as I plead my position of praise and pain and pressures and perseverance and pleasures.

Praise. First of all let me praise God from "whence cometh my help" ( I think that is a psalm or something...) He listened to me when I pleaded with Him for help and provided me with numberless reminders of His presence. Also, praise to my "peeps". Those heroes on whom I depended during these last few weeks.

Patience :dance2: Please keep me patient with the post-op progress that I may allow myself to push it one day and pamper it the next.

Perseverance. Let me continue to keep trying even though this week I am unable to accomplish the activities I want to complete.

Perspective. Help me to remember that I have had major surgery. As one poster put it, I have been "gutted like a fish". I need to remember how I felt 5 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago...just last week.

Peeps Thanks for the people who have made this post-op time possible, even pleasurable. DH, DD, DS, friends, neighbors and my hystersisters here online. May I remember those who need my encouragement as well. My post-op recovery was just that. So many of my sisters still have procedures to endure such as chemotherapy or future surgeries. May I be of service to them for they I kept my pitiful whining down and have encouraged me with their strength and pleasant attitudes.

Pain-meds. Oh I know I don't need them as much anymore, but that doesn't mean I have forgotten the service they offered me in the early days of post op.

Pillows. :bedjump: Under my head and on my tummy. (the removable ones at least)

Persistence. Please help me keep on getting better, stronger and healthier. Keep me exercising, eating healthier and praying my thanks to You and my "peeps"

Amen.....
Unread 08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Back to Work

I am post op now 5 weeks. I am learning to get back to stuff. I am so tired though, so I'm scared about getting back to work. I am afraid that I won't be able to get up in the mornings. Work called me today, and they already have a week in September that they need me to go out of town for a week....I mean I am glad that I have a job that I love; because I really do...being a single mother though traveling makes it so hard. All that I have been through in the past few months with everything; I don't know, I just have a billion different emotions right now..... I guess we'll see how it goes. I hate to go out of town so soon after being back. I'm scheduled to come back on September 4th. I have a wonderful support system. I have my parents who are wonderful and I have the best friends ever...so, I know my son will be well taken care of; I just hate leaving him for that long. Oh me oh my...woewees me right???? Sorry to ramble.........
Unread 08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Wonderful Mother

Lee Ann,

You seem to be a wonderful mother! I know it must be very hard traveling when you are a single mother but it does sound like you have terrific parents and friends to help out I hope everything goes well for you. Your son is very lucky to have such a caring mother. I hope your job is not too tiring when you go back September 4. Hopefully you will have more energy by then.

I had hoped to work only 5 hours today but things got really busy at work and ended up staying 6 hours because I felt too guilty to leave. I am tired but today is better than yesterday when I felt extremely tired and could not force myself to do anything the rest of the evening. Oh well one day at a time.

Everybody coming over for DS birthday tomorrow evening. Love to cook but don't know if I will have energy to make anything. If not, pizza is always an option!

Well, guess I'll go for now. Have a restful evening fellow sisters!

Happycook
D & C August, 2006
Ablation December 2006
LATVH July 18, 2007

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register