Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 57 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

I had a TAH/BSO with Burch procedure on July 17th, I mean I am working too but I am commission only and dont have to drive I work from home and can lay down and rest most of the day. Needless to say I am either lazy or my body really needs me to rest and I am listening, at my age 51, I may take longer to heal then I would 10 years ago. I am doing what I can during the day but very rarely push it. When I do push it I feel it the next day and at times 2 days.. Thanks for finally posting. Welcome!!! [/quote]

Thank for the welcome Presouz.

My job is mostly sit down and everyone was very careful not to ask too much of me my first week back. I have a wonderful assistant that is very helpful too. I could not do it alone. I am in my 50’s also and moving very slow, but with each day I get a step or two faster. I am about 70% this week.

I have not touched my house since July 19th. My motto is a quote by one woman here; she said, “Step away from the vacuum!” I remember that every time I want to do something. When I get the okay to do house work I will just take it one room at a time.

Doc visit on Tuesday went well. She said the spotting could last up to my 6th week, just what the web site (hystersists) said. The exam …… oooh let me say it was “Like a virgin”, it really hurt. I wasn’t ready for that.

I hope you are feeling better and getting stronger every day.
Take it slow and easy all.

MJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 09:29 PM

Like Dr. Laura said today, just tell them the house was clean last month, sorry you missed it! hee hee... All in due time!! RECOVERY comes first!!
Unread 08-23-2007, 09:51 PM

Oh thank you so much for that! It may be my new motto!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2007, 10:14 PM

Mine Too!!!!
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:10 PM

Hello sistahs! Welcome to all of the newer posters! DH, bless his heart has been "helping" with the housework, and I really
appreciate it, really. I'm in my 5th week of recovery as well. I'm back to most of my life, but it ends abruptly at 3pm, incredibly tired. Have to rest and sometimes nap.

Soooo, I'm taking the cheaters way out! Next week I'm calling in college student to deep clean the house for $50, and then I have a coupon for a free carpet cleaning, also going to have them do the sofa since this is where I've spent my entire summer! Gosh, I can't wait....I'm giddy just thinking about it!!! Oh, no. I just sounded like my mother! And now I'm going to act like her, 10pm and I'm headed for bed. WOW, where did the time go? Seems like I was at a Frat party just last week....

Wishing cool breezes and sweet dreams for all,
Krista
Unread 08-23-2007, 11:49 PM

Wow! So many new people posting on this thread, I've lost track! So glad so many are feeling better and hoping that many more feel better soon.

I have my 6-week check up next week. My b/f has the day circled on his calendar. Can you guess why?????? I suppose I can't tell him I have menstrual cramps anymore and have it be true! I put in a 12-hour day today and with the beginning of the school year at hand, I haven't given the big s-e-x much more than a passing thought. I better go out and buy some astroglide and get everything done for school so that I am more in the mood when the time comes. (so to speak!)

I am a little envious of all of you who are climbing the walls and can barely wait for the doctor to give you the go-ahead. I feel left out somehow.

Cathy
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:09 AM

lil-eduk8r - Your not alone....I'm not reallly into the thought of it either. I'm hoping it will be like working out at the gym. You know, it's OK once you get there....I hope. I had my 5 wk checkup yesterday afternoon and I was REALLY sore from it all evening, but OK this morn. Maybe my lack of interest is really a symptom from the fear of pain? Hmm..
Unread 08-24-2007, 12:16 AM

Hi Monkey! I thought about that, too...the fear of pain. But I am really not so worried about that. I remember the first time after my c-sect. I thought, "Oh this will be easy cuz I didn't have an episiotomy so there isn't anything wrong in my vagina to cause pain." WRONG!!!!! It took months to get the teethmarks out of the ceiling above the bed!! So I know what to expect and to take it real s-l-o-w. But I think I'd rather just read my book in bed, turn out the lamp, and z-z-z-z-z!
Unread 08-24-2007, 01:29 AM

k8r : you so crazy!
Unread 08-24-2007, 06:11 AM

Well fwiw, my libido left the building looooong before my surgery. Frankly I could care less if I ever get it back at this point.
Guess that only points to there was more wrong then my physical ills. Green light or not it ain't happening here

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register