Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Pitty Pat

Hi girls. This is a great subject to wake up to. It sets my heart all aflutter.

At my post op this week Dr. had DH in the room with us so he spent a good deal of time on this subject. I think it was for DH's benefit and subsequently, mine.

He repeated several times the phrase, "in the mood". He said there should be no reason why we can't but be sure I was "in the mood". Then he cautioned him to be gentle and take things slowly. Make sure I was "in the mood." He also told us to stop if there was any discomfort and that I probably won't be "in the mood" for a while yet since I was still sore and swollen. Because if we attempted the "lunar landing"before "I was in the mood", we would end up scrubbing the mission and become fearful of a second launch.

The appointment ended with DH saying, "One of these days, Barnie, to the Moooooon!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

5 Weeks Post-Op
Okay, so yesterday made me 5 weeks post-op. I'm finally starting to feel better and see some steady improvements. YEA!!! I went to see my doctor Thursday, and apparently I'm doing fairly well... and am on track. I'm still on restrictions, but should get the all-clear next month (Sept. 20) when I see him. That would be a really good thing, as I have a CPR course to take the 21st and 22nd. Nothing like pushing it to the last minute ~ just my style! So, for now, still no riding my quad, no using the ab lounger, etc, etc. I CAN walk and I CAN swim (which would be great if I had somewhere to swim. lol!). I am going to try and take daily walks now, and slowly add weights to the walk. I'm feeling pretty good during the day, but that allows me to overdo it, so I hurt in the evenings and at night. All of this leads to problems sleeping. It's a vicious cycle, I tell you! Pacing myself is still my #1 challenge.

In other news... I started school on Wednesday. I'm waiting on my Biology books to get here that I had to order, and now my workbook for my Algebra course. I've already done an assignment, quiz, and two extra credit assignments for my Psychology course. It's a bit overwhelming getting everything setup on the computer (which I will have to pleasure of going through all over again once I get my laptop), but I think once I get everything setup, running smoothly, and have all of my books, I'll feel better about things. Or I hope that's the case... because it's a bit of a suck-fest right now!

Scouts also started back up this week. I am the leader on PAPER, but have made it clear to my fellow parents, that I WILL NOT be leading all of the activities this year. I just can't do it on top of everything else. Proud of me ~ I said 'No'! lol I did get the notebook setup and ready to be passed for the different families to look at what they want to teach as far as requirements and/or beltloops, though, and I will lead once a month (or maybe two months, if I can get away with it)... but I just can't do it all this year. I didn't really give them a choice, but I think they were okay with it and understand where I'm coming from. I certainly hope so. We have an excellent group of boys & parents! Here's hoping for another really good year in Scouting!

So guess that's about it for now. I finally feel like I'm moving forward... without the big steps back!
Unread 08-25-2007, 08:42 AM

Yay Angel! I am glad you are better. I have wondered about you. Good to read your post.

We are posting less and less as we get back into our lives. Hope everyone else is well also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Yay!

Well, Barnie, you are so right, we are posting less and less these days...I miss the communications, but so happy to read the updates

I'm happy to report that I finally finished my week's worth of antibiotic for the UTI! I finally feel so much better and have so much more energy. I actually don't mind going to the potty now! How funny is that??!!

Took a little walk yesterday and hit some stores for back-to-school things and realized that my belly didn't hurt. I was a bit tired at the end of the day, but in all, better than before.

I have to admit, I'm still concerned with going back to work non the 4th, but I'm going to just have to push myself. I work in a very small school with only 5 teachers...so we are very short staffed. Budget doesn't really allow for subs unless we are sick...Working half days is not really an option. I also begin grad school two days a weeks for 2 and a half hours each night. Oh well.

Since my doc is on vacation this week, I have to put my post op visit off til next week. It'll be 7 weeks by then, I'm sure he'll give me the green light for resuming my hectic lifestyle.

My son is safely at college (2nd year), and my daughter and her dad are on their way back from dropping him off. Sadness has entered my heart, however I am not to blubbering idiot that I was last year. I guess I'm finally realizing that as the kids grow older (although I refuse to grow older!) we must allow their wings to spread in order to fly.

So that's my update for now. I'll be off to the classroom with the hubby later to get ready. Some grocery shopping, and maybe a little walk too before DD gets home tonight.

OH, one final question...anyone's appetite changed? I find that I'm just not as hungry as previously, that my taste for my evening glass of wine has diminished , I don't enjoy my morning coffee as I used to , and that I have lost 10 pounds since I've been out of the hospital. Just wondering

Shower is calling me.... Til next time...
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Audrey, your appetite could be diminished because maybe your taste for food has literally changed due to the antibiotics. Antibiotics are rarely specific to a particular bacteria and often kill off other flora in our bodies along with the culprits. The result is that the flora in our mouths may be altered just enough that food doesn't taste the same. This is also why many of us get yeast infections when we take certain antibiotics. Eat lots of yogurt or acidophilus to nurture those floras back into balance and food will start to taste better. I am eating less since my surgery because I heard that we tend to put on weight more easily once we lose that organ so I am determined not to do that.

It's nice that we are posting less because we are so busy. Next week I have my 6-week post op and I will probably give y'all the report. My b/f will probably be waiting at home with a bottle of astroglide in one hand and his ***** in the other!

Cathy
Unread 08-25-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-eduk8r
Audrey, your appetite could be diminished because maybe your taste for food has literally changed due to the antibiotics. Antibiotics are rarely specific to a particular bacteria and often kill off other flora in our bodies along with the culprits. The result is that the flora in our mouths may be altered just enough that food doesn't taste the same. This is also why many of us get yeast infections when we take certain antibiotics. Eat lots of yogurt or acidophilus to nurture those floras back into balance and food will start to taste better. I am eating less since my surgery because I heard that we tend to put on weight more easily once we lose that organ so I am determined not to do that.

It's nice that we are posting less because we are so busy. Next week I have my 6-week post op and I will probably give y'all the report. My b/f will probably be waiting at home with a bottle of astroglide in one hand and his ***** in the other!

Cathy

She is so right!! For the past years, I have taken PRO biotics when I remember to and most CERTAINLY when I have to take antibiotics!! It helps keep away those stubborn yeast infections.. PRO biotics add the flora and good bacteria back into our GUT, best taken at bed time on an empty stomach, I've had 2 doctors give me the A - OK and my 75 yr old mom, in fact the one recommend it to my mom way back when so that is why I knew about it. Upon reading and watching a show on cable called, "Know The Cause", I have learned a lot... Google pro biotics, and make sure its from a reputable company that really cares they are using the correct strength you are paying for, some companies tend to give you the correct ingredients but not the strength you pay for.. I use DrNatura brand. Also I have been having issues with my bladder, I am investigating something you can Google too, called cantharis for bladder problems , I really love this natural doctors book I got off the internet The Nautral Physicians Healing Therapies. I have learned so much and each thing I learn I do Google several sources too research them. Dandelion is another one I have been reading about. Research them to make sure of the proper strength needed for your problems. As with all things, some work better for others, I am happy to have the options to review and research and see what may help me. Good luck.. and Happy Healing..
Unread 08-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Hugs of Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNA44
I am post op now 5 weeks. I am learning to get back to stuff. I am so tired though, so I'm scared about getting back to work. I am afraid that I won't be able to get up in the mornings. Work called me today, and they already have a week in September that they need me to go out of town for a week....I mean I am glad that I have a job that I love; because I really do...being a single mother though traveling makes it so hard. All that I have been through in the past few months with everything; I don't know, I just have a billion different emotions right now..... I guess we'll see how it goes. I hate to go out of town so soon after being back. I'm scheduled to come back on September 4th. I have a wonderful support system. I have my parents who are wonderful and I have the best friends ever...so, I know my son will be well taken care of; I just hate leaving him for that long. Oh me oh my...woewees me right???? Sorry to ramble.........
LeAnn,

My heart goes out to you for the emotional roller coaster you are going through. It is normal for you to feel the way you do. I am sure your son knows how much you love him and want to be with him. I am sure your parents never let him forget that.
Unread 08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Feeling down

Hello all,

Well yesterday started pretty good. Worked 5 hours, shopped for DS birthday present. DD and her family and DS came over. Too tired to cook but we ordered pizza and had cake. I then even babysat the grandkids while DD and her husband went to the football game. I was in good spirits. It's always nice to spend time with the kids that have moved away.

Later that evening received some very disturbing news. I can't go into it but now I am really in a depressed state. Crying, don't feel like doing anything. All I can do is sit around and worry. My followup is Friday with Dr. I guess I'll have to consider anti-depressants if this feeling doesn't go away. I feel so sad. I know God is in control and I will get through this but it is just so hard right now.

Better go for now.

Happy Cook
LAVH 7/18/07
Unread 08-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Happy Cook...

Please know that I am praying for you...and you're right, God IS in control. Feel His peace and presence as you deal with your news.
Unread 08-25-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-eduk8r
Wow! So many new people posting on this thread, I've lost track! So glad so many are feeling better and hoping that many more feel better soon.

I have my 6-week check up next week. My b/f has the day circled on his calendar. Can you guess why?????? I suppose I can't tell him I have menstrual cramps anymore and have it be true! I put in a 12-hour day today and with the beginning of the school year at hand, I haven't given the big s-e-x much more than a passing thought. I better go out and buy some astroglide and get everything done for school so that I am more in the mood when the time comes. (so to speak!)

I am a little envious of all of you who are climbing the walls and can barely wait for the doctor to give you the go-ahead. I feel left out somehow.

Cathy
Oh this post was so funny! On my 2 week check up, doctor told me I was doing well with the healing process, and that she still needed to give me the 'go ahead' for hubby and myself. I started chuckling with that comment.

It will be 6 weeks for me on Monday, August 27th, and I had a complete hysterectomy. I went back to work half a day this past Wednesday, and we had horrific storms that roared thru the midwest, and all of us had to trudge down into the basement...5 floors.

We also needed to go UP the 5 floors when we were given the 'ok' that the bad weather had cleared, but by that time, our building had no electricity! I about keeled over from walking up 5 flights of stairs, and lord did I have pain where the incision is!
Hubby looked at it that evening and said that everything looked alright though.

Welcome back to work, LOL!!

Hope everyone is doing well, and figuring out what estrogen to take and all that.

to everyone!

Kate

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register