Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 59 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

hey you guys -
went to the doctor monday - he said everything looks great - inside (ouch!) and out, healing well - he cleared me for - well - SEX and he told me to take the next two weeks to slowly build up to what my goals are - he told me I could start exercising - more than walking - doing some abdominal work - that sort of thing - anyway, I have been working pretty hard every morning since - just on the treadmill - but with a high incline - sweating just like the old days!!! I feel great working out - and in the morning have actually felt crazy-energized - like some sort of high - then in the afternoons I am tired and sort of sick and either a bit nauseous or feeling like I have indigestion - and the biggest problem is i am so swollen - I have read you all talking about "swelly belly" but this is not my belly - it is the area right above my incision - it is swollen up like a tire and it hurts - and the doctor told me it was normal and would disapate (my spelling) - but today it seems worse than ever - and I am asking - do you guys have this? My abdomen has never been swollen - but this thing has been there from the first day - and then it goes down and today, almost five and a half weeks later - it is worse than ever - ! I had quite a bit of bleeding from my incision one week after surgery - and talked to the doctor over the phone - he is not sure if I had a hemotoma or what - but after that time this swelling went down to nothing - but like I said it is back and it is sore and it bulges out in pants - and i am returning to work Monday - and man....
sorry about the scary babbling...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Crazymonkey - I'm a Personal Trainer, and I have the bulge you are talking about too. Speaking for myself, part is swelly belly and the rest is fat that is now visible because I don't have the endo to push against the muscle wall and spread it out. I've only lost 5 lbs, but I'm sure that is missing organs. Also, don't forget that we've been laying around for 6 weeks retaining water, and not moving bowels with the ususal gusto. Be careful with the incline on the treadmill, this may be putting too much strain on your core and causing some of the swelling above the incision.

I had my final checkup last week (week 5) and she wants me to wait one more week before hitting the gym. I have a feeling that is going to be really hard for me to scale down my workout. I just keep trying to remember that it was only 6 weeks ago that I was gutted like a fish! I'm hoping that it will only take 6 months to get back to competion shape. Check out the fitness section on this site, I've found it REALLY helpful.

Well enough of this, I could go on about it for days! I'm doing alot better with sleep, and waking up early. I do a ffew errands during the day and straighten the house, but by 4 I'm wiped out. Read somewhere on this site that it can take up to a year to have energy back 100%. I hope they were wrong Wow!! I can't believe we all lived through this. There were some times when I was sure I wouldn't, then I'd logon and see that all you guys weren't dead yet so I figured maybe I might just live!

Sweet dreams to all my sistah's......Krista
Unread 08-25-2007, 10:06 PM

"My b/f will probably be waiting at home with a bottle of astroglide in one hand and his ***** in the other!

Cathy"

Girl, you could always try duct tape underwear, adhesive side out. We'll just see how well that astro glides!

Monkey...you're not crazy! The swellybelly I noticed is in thatarea too. My pre op belly wasn't very flat after 3 c-sections and a ton of cookie dough, but that area you described is definitely more swollen, now. It goes down in the AM and with activity and fatigue it swells back up. Dr. said to expect that for another month at least.

Kate....I think I would have just walked out the front door after the weather passed rather than climb those stairs...Whew you are a good sport!

Happycook....I will pray for you. also. Our God knows your story and He cares!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninalikes
LeAnn,

My heart goes out to you for the emotional roller coaster you are going through. It is normal for you to feel the way you do. I am sure your son knows how much you love him and want to be with him. I am sure your parents never let him forget that.

Thanks Nina. That means alot, and you know you are right...I am sure my parents tell him all the time how much I love him...thank you! I needed to see that said! =)
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Post OP 5 weeks

I got Tuesday for my post op. I have been walking, and I am feeling great! I have had some issues with waking up with a headache all week; but this morning I woke up feeling great! I got up, took my son to the park and we walked a mile. I feel great today...tomorrow could be another story; but today is a good day!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

LeANN
Unread 08-26-2007, 06:30 PM
my car has no 2nd gear

i miss you all....
my mom left wednesday and i was left to do everything all over again which honestly I do not mind normally but GOD i am pooped...
she yells at me on the phone saying don'y do to much but honestly....there is alot to do...i have 3 boys and a husband...who i miss taking care of, my way...
but today I dragged out the sprinkler for them...something my mom would never do b/c it is too messy...and I weeded he garden while the baby slept..DH installing a bathtub so I can finally bathe
we are workers so I have had it with resting.
don't want to go back to work b/c for the past week I have been volunteering in my sons class room and i LOVE it.....but my students (university) are writing to me and i miss them too....
I am ready for the deed I think but I am scared....

BM normal, appetite more then normal...I love that I lost so much weight but if I keep the fest up I will not keep it off.. 1 year ago i was a size 18...today I am a baggy 8...
TRUTH.
LOVE AND MISS you all...
Unread 08-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Getting there

Hi Ladies

I consider myself going into my 6th week of recovery and feel pretty good considering my hard road to get here. Lost 4 liters of blood in surgery and had to have a transfusion. So far so good. I don't find myself getting too tired these days but I am not doing to much either. Anytime I go out for longer than an hour, I take a Gatorade bottle with me and empty it before I get home. I try to keep myself hydrated because of my transfusion.

I don't go for my check-up until 9/5 and if all is well back to work 9/6. I have driven once and it wasn't too bad but my hubby and mom want me to wait for my doc's ok. But my sweetie needs to be washed and possibly waxed ( i know I am asking alot here

Fortunately I have had no bleeding, infection or anything. I am starting to get antsy and want to do more but know I can't so I don't. I have started helping hubby w/ the laundry (don't carry anything just fold and put away). I am semi cooking but am enjoying hubby's new kitchen independence so I don't do that too often.

The good news: I lost weight I think I am a size 10 from a 12-14.
The bad news: none of my clothes fit.
The even better news: I get to go shopping!

I just want fall to get here so I can enjoy the cooler weather. The majority of the time I was stuck inside it was 90+ degrees for weeks. I am ready to come out and play.

Smooches to you all

Angi
Unread 08-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Amazing Recoveries

Good Evening Ladies,

I am so jealous of you ladies with the weight lost reports. I have lost only 7 pounds What is the secret????? 3 days ago I caught a 24hr virus which made me have diarrhea and vomiting.After being sick I lost 10 pounds and gained 3 back. It makes me sad because I have changed my eating habits and go on walks. Ladies wish me luck on this weight lost journey.

Tuesday will be my 6 week mark.This Thursday I'll go to my first
appointment since my surgery. I really do not know what to expect from my doctor. At least I will have the questions ready, thanks to this website.

Like most of you ladies I do not have the pains as before. My battery runs down by 3:00 in the afternoon.
Hopefully my system will improve and let me reach 6:00 before I run out of juice while at work.
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:53 AM
just chillin'

Good morning, sisters!

While so many of you are heading back to work or classes, I'm still hanging out at home. After this weekend, I have become convinced to give myself more time before I report to work.

Since I am a substitute teacher, I have that luxury. I could really use the income though, but I don't usually get much calls during the month of September, anyway. I will go to the school and introduce myself to the principal and secretary tomorrow, since I've switched districts. I have my last post op appt.Sept. 19th so I will ask them to hold my name until after that time.

Yesterday, I prepared dishes for potluck, taught a bible class that incorporated a treasure hunt, hid clues all around the church property, worship, visiting , potluck, clean up, visiting, cleaned out classroom then sacked out on the couch and watched my DH build a very nice mantle for our fireplace. Did I mention two trips to Home Depot? I can barely move today.

All of you at work, you have my respect, concern and my prayers. Hope you have a great day!

PS. Fancymel, good to hear from you. Glad you are better.
Unread 08-27-2007, 08:54 AM

nina try weight watchers it really works..i started counting points agin today b/c i have been in the wow I lost so much weight my body needs feul to heal mode and I know that will not last any longer....
i never crave foods b/c i have been so diligent and good about losing all that weight and now i am craving my sons peanut butter captain crunch...yuck....so i am trying to get back into the if it's not good for me i am not eating it mode.....
good luck....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register