Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

It has been a whole week since my TAH. I am much more agile than I was even yesterday. I read those who are just a day or two behind me and realize time does heal. I still move around like a woman 30 years older than I, but I am moving more. As "mshappygolucky" said, "I am 'finally out of the fog'". Thank to all of you and your comments, they are encouraging. It is good to share experiences with you all. I lost two of my steri-strips that were on the edge of the incision that seem less fused than the rest, I hope all is okay. No oozing or pain, so it must be normal. I'll just keep a watch.
My 6 month old shih tzu has been a delight and a constant source of a chuckle. It is because of him that I gratefully reach for a pillow to put over my lap. DH went back to work yesterday and calls me often to check on things. I will survive this. Thanks God and all of you who write in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 02:03 PM
hello

Hi all,
Well I posted in another area but I think it may have been in the wrong place.... so I will post here tooo .. I had TVA on 7/16/07 and seem to be healing ok i am so glad the surgery is behind me ..... I have a wonderful tip for constipation.... mix equal parts of orange apple and prune juices together heat it til warm it works wonders!! Happy recovering to everyone i will post again soon!
Unread 07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
4th day

I was lucky my doctor was able to do everything vaginal. My uteras had grown to about a 4 month pregnant size. At this point I'm in alot less pain than the day I went into surgery. I've only had to take ibuprofen 400MG twice so far today. I finally had that all important bowl movement yesterday. I think that was half my pain. We are just waiting for the pathology report to come back. I guess that is the only thing left to be a little anxious about. Unfortuately my Husband's sister passed away last night. I feel so bad that I cannot travel the 200 miles to be there for him for the funeral. I was as close to my sister's in law as I am with my own sisters. He has rounded up babysitters for me while he is gone to make sure I follow all the doctor's instructions. At 81 my mother still can order me around. She's a pistol. My doctor told me I made a good decision, I wish I had done it sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
4 days healing

Had a TAH with cervix removal Friday July 20th due to severe endometriosis. Discharged Sunday. Feeling pretty good, some pain but am trying not to take pain meds (Percocet) to much as I work with addicts. Pain in the right side of my stomach since yesterday but haven't had a BM since Sunday. Very little appetite but am keeping fluid intake up with water. Very supportive DH and DD. Dear DH won't let me do anything except walk and lay in bed. DD takes me on three walks down the block each day. Friends have called but have requested no visitors as I do not feel ready for them yet.
Sitting up is a joke feel like I'm pregnante again doing the slither movement a little at a time.
Had my first crying spell Sunday night, thought I was going bonkers till I talked with my mother who says it is nornal.
Thank you for the support I received before the surgery and the advise I have received after has been great.
Unread 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Hi - robotic LVH July 19th

Hi there.

I had my robotic LVH on the 19th. So far, things are going well recovery wise. The big issues I had was gas and constipation. Ugh. After some milk of magnesia and stool softeners, those have gone away.

I am very glad I had this done and at 5 days post op am feeling pretty good. I've had no discharge but I anticipate that will change as the stitches dissolve. At least after reading on here, that seems to be normal.

I could not have gotten through this without you all so thank you again.

s
Marla
Unread 07-24-2007, 05:31 PM

Constipation? Oy Vey!
There is a Jewish tradition of gathering together of carrots and dried fruits (prunes, apricots, raisins, etc.), adding water in a pot and boiling it for a while with a little honey, cinnamon, and whatever else seems yummy and not only does it taste good, but it keeps everyone at the home all cleaned out. It is called tsimmes, which is Yiddish for a complicated ordeal or something troublesome (like constipation!). It is good warm or cold.

Unread 07-24-2007, 07:57 PM

Some of my notes for today:

Oh my goodness, the gas pain is so bad!! Several times a day now I am doubled over in pain right before I go to the bathroom. I have been taking gas-x but it’s not quite doing the job. I think I will avoid anything with high fiber for a few days. It may not be a healthy diet, but I can be healthy later. I need to get rid of the pain NOW.

A good day emotionally. Been pretty steady all day which is nice.

I'm exhausted though - didn't sleep much at all last night. Now I understand the insomnia I've read about. I have never had trouble falling asleep before. In fact, for months I have been sleeping 9-10 hours a night I've been so worn out. Now - my body is tired, but I can't fall asleep. We got an herbal remedy today that hopefully will help tonight.

Wow, by the end of the day I am D.O.N.E! I have this weird pressure in my vagina that feels like my insides are about to drop out of there. I guess things are still settling in there. I also have a dull pain in my right side. Both of which are helped when I sit down, or even better, lay down. I just took a Percocet pill a little while ago. Much Better!! I was trying to do without them, but I think I might have to take one a day in the evening for a while. I didn’t do a whole lot today, but I did shower, and have been standing/walking a lot around the house. I guess that was enough this early in the recovery process.
Unread 07-24-2007, 09:22 PM

We are on the same path, same day surgeries Glad to hear I wasn't alone in the crying thing! We will survive this!
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:07 PM

Had a slight fever earlier in the day and was cramping. But I took some pain meds and took a nap. Woke up, felt better and fever is gone.

I am so lucky. My DH has been pampering me like never before.

My hormones have been going nuts. One minute I'm fine the next minute I'm crying, and then I'm ready to kill someone for no aparent reason. DH says my body is trying to figure out where my "parts" went.
Unread 07-24-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimmyjinvegas
Had a slight fever earlier in the day and was cramping. But I took some pain meds and took a nap. Woke up, felt better and fever is gone.

I am so lucky. My DH has been pampering me like never before.

My hormones have been going nuts. One minute I'm fine the next minute I'm crying, and then I'm ready to kill someone for no aparent reason. DH says my body is trying to figure out where my "parts" went.
Oh good! I assume they took your ovaries too? I've only cried a couple of times, but I'm ready to put all of humanity in front of a firing squad! I'm NEVER like that. Especially when I watch the news....which I've given up for now. I thought I was just losing it, my anxiety was pretty high prior to surgery. The Doc has me on the Climara hormone patch, and I have a post op appointment Friday. I'll talk to her about this and all the hot flashes. I thought the patch was supposed to take care of all this??? I'm busy appologizing to every menopausal woman I've ever made fun of!!! This is a real adventure....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register