Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:19 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugclub
Presouz

Check out the Christiane Northrop menopause specials that are running on PBS during pledge week.
Lots of GREAT info about all this stuff including the muffin top we accumulate as we go through this. She has a good bit of info I think in pt 3 on nutrition.
If you can't find it on a PBS station at least go to the library and check out the book I think you might find it all very very helpful

Yes Christiane Northrop is great, I got her book a few months ago off of half.com for half price, not gone through it all yet but really enjoy it when I do read it, her show on PBS was very informative and entertaining!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Need some advice

Hi all, I haven't been posting much because I have been so busy which is good. Still having days of pain and tired all the time but that is life right now.
So I have to go back to work on Friday and physically that is fine but my mind is not ready. I am really flighty and forgetful and I am a Project Manager so that is a bit of an issue. Do you think i should forwarn my boss that it is most likely going to take me a couple fo weeks to get back into the groove and up to speed because I am not as sharp as a tack right now??

any advice is appreciated Please!!!!!

Stephanie
TAH 7/20 hyperplasia, severe bleeding
Unread 08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
stand next to the dummies

Stephanie,
Don't worry about it. Either give your boss the heads up or
DELEGATE, DELEGATE, DELEGATE! ~or~ hang out with the known ditzys so you'll look good
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Any reason to eat chocolate

Ladies you are all hilarious. Reading the chocolate conversations had me laughing so much this morning. I love it.

Ok hear is something to make you all feel sorry for me and make you laugh at the same time. A few posts back I mentioned about my husband having a stroke 3 years ago when he was 51 years old (I was 43yrs old) . Well getting to the point.... I have not had sex for almost 2 years now. Yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go on my walk.....my husband was laying in bed and said "When can I have some". I thought I misunderstood "what he was asking, so I asked "What did you say?". He repeated himself. I immediatly went to the bedroom door to lock it. Walked over to him and said "Let me see what we are working with" Had a look and told him when he was ready....let me know(I am leaving out a little detail to not offend any hystersisters). I was so excited and then realized that I had not been released from the doctor. WHY ME!!!!! He finally gets the urge and I can't have any! All I could do was laugh.

Ok enough about that subject.... Ladies I am feeling really great. The only problem I am having is running out of energy around 3 in the afternoon. It is a little scary knowing I have to go back to work in 2 weeks. I am praying for continued strength and more energy to get me through the day.

About losing weight.... I too have changed my eating habits and have been walking for 3 weeks now. I feared checking out WW's because of the cost. However when reading that it could be as low as $20 per month, that is not bad. I plan on checking the website out today. Wish me luck ladies.
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Ha ha ninalikes!! That is funny, I always say, if a man cant have something and knows he cant have it will WANT IT in the worst way!! I Hope you took care of him in other ways teehee.....so maybe the surgery was another blessing.
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:20 PM

Alright, I hope no one finds this offensive, but it's been lurking in the back of my mind lately...PROMISE...this is it!!!! I must be feeling better. :roll2:

The Root of Women's Problems
Ever notice how all of women's problems start with men?

MEN tal illness

MEN strual cramps

MEN tal breakdown

MEN opause

GUY necologist......................

And when there is real trouble, it's a HIS terectomy.

So happy to read that so many are doing better. Yes, I tire around 3pm as many of you are reporting. However, since school begins next week, I find that I must push myself so that this ole teacher can make it through the day. Hmmmm, naptime for second and third grades...think it'll fly??

Since my dr is on vacation this week, my post-op is on Wednesday the 5th. Will report after.

Til next time...Love y'all!!!
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymonkey
Happycook - Are you on hormones? Just wondering, because of your weight loss.....
Funnymonkey,

No I am not on hormones. Right out of surgery on July 18th they put a hormone patch on me to last 7 days. I decided to try without hormones. I haven't been on anything for 5 weeks. Doing ok, no hot flashes. I have been watching what I eat pretty closely so that might be the reason the weight is coming off. It's coming off pretty slow now though.

Happycook
Unread 08-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz

One question, did you start on HRT when the weight started coming back? just curious.. I lost 13lbs in 2 weeks sleeping and healing and when I started the HRT patch on my 4th week even for 3 days I ate the same and did the same and gained 2 lbs.. All in my head? nope saw it on the scales! PLUS my mind was racing and heart racing on HRT. I need a lesser dose but they dont come any less, I pulled that sucker off!! I am going to try bio identical hormones I guess.
Yeah Presouz, I started the lowest dose of estrogen as my ovaries don't work (i still have them..) due to PCOS. My acne and facial hair problems have also gotten worse since the surgery. It's goog to know that I'm not the only one feeling the urge to hit the pillow by late afternoon. I got so worried that I'm getting too lazy. I've been given the green light , and think I'm going to have a good time tonight, but by the end of the day, I don't want to do it. I heard it's very painful the 1st time after surgery, is it so?
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:07 PM

mercy today I went back to the dr he gave me the green light to go ahead and resume sex,I was terrified like it was the first time but it wasnt bad actually it was good [dont mean to be graphic] but i did spot a little after and this afternoon I am cramping mildly like menstrual cramps but nothing bad,actually I am so relieved that evertything seemed to work right that i cried because i was afraid to have my hys. because i was so afraid how it would effect my sex life among other things ,but it turned out GREAT!!! But dont do anything until you are completely ready, good luck.P.S. I had a tab ovaries and cervix removed and 3 hernias repaired
Unread 08-28-2007, 06:56 PM

Audrey.... I love it! Very true!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register