Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 08-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Ugghhh~~~

Oh ladies, I am so sadd...

I just came back from the doctor (post-op visit is STILL scheduled for next week), I have ANOTHER UTI!!!

I just finished the antibiotic from the last one on Monday (yeah, like 3 days ago)!! I've been drinking water and cranberry juice, blah, blah, blah! AARrrgghhhh!!!!

I'm just SO angry! It's nerve wracking and I am left wondering if my plumbing will ever work the right way again ?!?! (**Remember, I had the bladder issue during LAVH...needed 2nd surgery 2 days later for repair).

And, as if this isn't bad enough, I pulled my back out getting my classroom organized. So I was a 'good girl' and went to the chiropractor right away, and promptly PULLED it again last night bringing a SMALL load of laundry to the washing machine! So, I took ibuprofen and during the night got a spasm that literally left me breathless. So, I've been awake (and icing my back) since 3:00 a.m. So, you see, this UTI doesn't help any!!!

OK, enough ranting, thanks for letting me vent! Here's to a relaxing Labor Day Weekend...we have a party to go to for my 80 year old great aunt! Whoopie!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Still No Go...

Hi Ladies,

I also had my 6 week check-up today, the Dr said that I was doing well but there are still ALOT of stiches still visable inside and needed to come back in 2 weeks for another look. He did change my lifting restrictions to 25 lbs and let me go back to work next week. But he extended my second virginity until the next appointment. So I have a couple more weeks until the crying, fear, relief cycle to begins.

BTW Congradulations to all of you who have made it to the other side!

DH called me after the appointment, needless to say he was a little disappointed in the new schedule, I think all he heard from each of the Dr's was 6 weeks, 6 weeks, 6 weeks! but he will survive it ONLY 2 more weeks. Being a good DW I have found ways to help him through this time. The least I could do for everything he has done for me.

Thanks to all of you for making this time bearable!
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Oh Audrey, you poor thing! I hope your weekend will be healthful for you.

I can't help but wonder if we all should have waited another week before returning to our jobs. It seems like most sisters have high energy level occupations or at least stress filled ones. It does seem sad, to just barely get to feeling better then Bang! back to work.

Perhaps, Dr should write out a "script for a cruise or beach front vacation week for the 5 and 6th week. Yes! Then we can bill our insurance companies for a lovely relaxing recuperation therapy. Hmmm.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2007, 07:49 AM

I LIKE IT!!

It would be a great way to pamper ourselves!!!
Have a glass of wine or two (ot three...)

Yup, I love it!!!
Unread 08-31-2007, 02:02 PM
Made it - Thank god

Had my six week check up yesterday and was given the all clear for everything !!! Actually at my two week check up he said all looked so well that my DH and I could have intimate relations at 5 weeks. Needless to say I was a little scared but it wasn't that bad, hurt a little but all went well.
I go back to work Tuesday at my full time job and my partime job tonight (I'm an on call bartender) and well low and behold they need me tonight. Can't wait to get back in action. Since it is a private club and I know 90% of the patrons I won't have to do much lifting. When I stopped in yesterday to tell them the good news from the doctor they all said whenever I return the men would do any lifting and stocking I needed.
Hope all of you have a great weekend and for those of you who haven't healed all the way please know I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:35 PM
All Clear!!

Hi Everyboy!

Well I too went for my 6 week post op appointment and the doctor said everything looks fine and cleared me with no restrictions. That was a great idea Barnie! I could go for a little R & R at the beach.

Oh well back to reality. I ended working longer today than I had planned. Coworker went out for lunch and ended up having a wreck. She's ok but her car was pretty smashed up so I sent her home. I did ok. I do feel my energy is coming back.

Hope everyone has a great labor day weekend. DS called and he's on his way home from college for the weekend. It will be great to see him but I always feel so sad when he goes back. His fourth year of college, you'd think I would be getting used to it by now!

Guess I'll go for now. Have a restful evening!

HappyCook
LAVH 7/18/07
Unread 09-01-2007, 08:15 AM
Recovery RX

I have been thinking about this idea for a prescription for recovery relaxation for the 5 and 6 week.....

If the drs made these a medical proceedure, the various resorts and cruise lines would offer doctors perks to use their places just like the drug companies do now. So you see, every body wins. The doc get free vacations, patients get up to 80% paid vacations and tourist companies get promoted. This leads to more jobs in the tourist field, more healthy recoveries and happier physicians.

I think I may have solved America's health crisis!!
Unread 09-01-2007, 10:56 AM

Barnie can you please run for president?? Or can we have some amalgamation of the very fine ideas of all of us women on this site?!?!?!? REQUIRED post-op time off, WITH pay thank you, or a stipend for those who are without a job/underemployed/need the extra $$!!

Nancy
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:35 PM
6 weeks and I am taking another off... is it normal?

Hi Sisters,

I am doing really well, though I am wondering if I am being a wuss.

Week 5 I did a few errands and found myself tired and sore (and quite fatigued - i have an iron deficiency that I am working on building up now that the surgery is done).

So I decided to extend my time off from 6 weeks to 7. I find wearing loose pants still makes me sore and combine that with a short drive and I am not comfortable. Of course I get swelly belly by the afternoon too.

How are you ladies feeling? Better? Worse? Same?

Thanks and hope you are all doing well!
Unread 09-01-2007, 04:38 PM

FREDY, no you are not being a wuss!!! My surgery was on JULY 17 and I find my self getting very worn out, not sleepy just plain worn out. I have been working since the day back from the hospital, little here and there I work on commission only so I had to take a few orders that were outstanding!! I did however only take a peek at my files a few times the first 2 weeks.. but I did some work from my lap top while posting here!! I am so lucky I dont have to drive off to work daily..but then I tend to work more due to my job is at my laptop or desktop computer!! UGH! I love my job.. but love being a stay at home mom more and able to pay the bills, nothing excessive but while my DD is a teenager, I am scared to leave her home alone during the day or night if I was to go off working, I was a good teenager but I do know how I was ha ha ha.. she is well taken care of too!!! SUPER MOM!!! heh..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register