Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Well ladies, almost 7 weeks and I feel pretty good I still get tried and some days it like I hit a brick wall but I can handle it. I'm on estratest fs
and I wish my libido was like this for the last 1 1/2 yr. so does my DH.
We did it late yesterday with alot of foreplay, we've been having foreplay for a week now, soft music a mixed drink for me. I was very nervous, what if I never had the big O again. Well my DH was great, very tender lots of oral stimulation and Astroglide. WOW the big O. And I cried, I was so relived that everything still worked. I also spot-ed but I think it was more his come rinsed me out. NO pain at all and I'm not a small woman. Just had to share with you ladies. There is light at the end of the tunnel....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Honda, wow you have been released already? My doc still wont let me drive more then to the grocery store!!! I guess I was a lot worse than I even thought.. hope to get released on SEPT 11 when I see her again!! Thanks for the up date SOOO HAPPY you are able to resume life!! AND BETTER!!!
Unread 09-01-2007, 05:32 PM

Hi Pesouz,

We have sooo much in common! I am self employed and have been doing the same as you... peeking at a file or two, attending to the occassional urgent client by phone but mostly leaving it till later. I know when I finally decide to go back it will be petal to the metal and that is why I want to ensure I am ready - I do not want to go back too soon and end up hitting a brick wall!!

Yeah, we try to be super women...! I find the same as you.. I get that worn out feeling.

Thanks again and good luck to you!
Fredy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-01-2007, 06:08 PM

I too am self -employed, my shop is at my house, so I needed to get back to work. I am a dog groomer. I only do small dogs under 25 pounds. I started Monday the 27th of Aug. Only 1/2 days 2 or 3 dogs a day and only the cream of the crop. My DR release me to drive after 2 weeks but I waited until 3 wks.. Some days I feel fine No nap but others I nap about 1 hour.
Unread 09-01-2007, 06:46 PM

Cheers to us work from home ladies!!!! We save money on gas and no traffic!! But paying our own retirement and medical insurance is COSTLY!! heh...
Unread 09-01-2007, 08:08 PM

Yes, I love it. Now I can sit in my recliner and listen for the bell on the door
and do a load of cloths. Eat a healthy lunch. Get out of my bra when all of my dogs are gone. I have always been self employed and I started many many years ago with retirement. My husbands job has good insurance and state retirement. And with my type of work I plan on retiring a little at a time. In the summer I don't work Fridays. Next year I start that all year round, and then when I'm 55 I'll do the same thing on Mondays. So my DH and I can travel on our motorcycle.
Unread 09-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Barnie For Prez

Oh my chest fills up with pride...not to mention the cream cheese I had on my bagel tonight. Thanks Nancy for the vote of confidence but alas, I must decline.

You see, a campaign of that magnitude would require massive amounts of energy, money and intelligence. Well, okay, maybe not intelligence, but I would at least need to spell correctly. Presidents should never rely on spell check, you know. Besides, my energy levels are at a low point and finances are tied up with college tuitions and hospital bills. I doubt I will make enough as a substitute teacher this year to cover all the expenses of a major campaign thrust.

Therefore, allow me to support your idea of an amalgamation of these ladies' ideas as a viable source of income for us all. Perhaps there are those among us with publishing expertise. These ladies can compile the examples of menopausal masterminds for a fee while the rest of us submit our brilliant babbling on commission. We can talk about marketing at a later date.

Again, thank you for your endeavors to provide us with an outlet of opportunity.

Sincerely,

Barnie
Unread 09-02-2007, 08:49 PM

Hello everyone!! I am now seven weeks post-op! Still feeling tired alot. Still have some soreness and a little pain when peeing and going number 2. I have cramps, but I dont have anything left to have cramps with! I have a headache alomst everyday! My lower back, my legs hurt , and my body is acheing alot too! Cant do to much in a day without feeling horrible the next day!! Takes a day of doing nothing to be able to do only a little the next day! Taking Estradiol 0.5 MG and a natural Progesterone 50MG once a day. Maybe I should have my estrogen raised up?? What exactly do these hormones do to you and your body anyway?? Can I do with out them? The doctor said my body was probably making way to much Estrogen before my surgery, that now my body dosent know how to act. I wonder if one of them, or both, hormones are causing my headaches?? How long does it take for your hormones to settel down after surgery?? I really dont know if the hormones I am taking are helping me at all?? I do feel better since my surgery . And I want to do alot of things,like clean my house, my yard, etc.! But i have no energy,it just takes to much out of me! I have good intentions!!I just thought I would be feeling alot better by now !! I wonder if all my stitches are gone now?? Healed now?? Still havent been fully released by my doctor yet. Still no sex ,no lifting over 10 ,pounds etc.! I do have hot flashes, and mood swings! Hubby says I have a short fuse, that everythign gets to me really easy! I think I was like that before my surgery! Ha! I know my diabetes will make me heal slower then others, but still! Do I sound depressed?? I am just so tired!! Please say a prayer for me!! Thanks to all of you who listen to me complain! I appreciate you all!! God Bless!
Unread 09-02-2007, 08:57 PM

Christie, if you don't have a uterus she shouldn't have to be taking Progesterone according to my doctor, that is for women who still have their uterus. Maybe that is making you feel ill. Please do research on the web and talk to your OB. GOOD LUCK, keep me posted!! Presouz
Unread 09-02-2007, 09:36 PM

Christie,
It sounds like your hormones are off! You should not be having the mood swings or hot flashes. Call your doctor and ask! Once those are under control, your short temperment should relax also. You are in my thoughts as you get this straightened out! Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register