Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-03-2007, 04:34 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Barnie you are a hoot!! It's kind of funny how the conversations go from one thing to another -- the site doesn't let us have separate ones, but then, I wouldn't want to -- I like reading how everyone is doing, even if no one else (so far) thinks you should run for prez, and even if you think you have enough else going on. Intelligence is clearly not something you are short on.

Barcelona is not hot this year, which is a darn good thing for me. You ladies in the south are beyond me in your ability to withstand oppressive condition -- the heat/humidity would drain everything right out of me in a nanosecond!

So, my best beloved husband was chomping at the bit, so to speak, since I said that at 6 weeks I was cleared for sex. Wasn't so great for me, but whatever. He was very happy!! I requested a condom because I have this idea that there's a small hole in my cervix and ???then where does the sperm go?!?!? but that may be an overactive imagination on my part.

Over here (in Ireland, at least) by the way, 10 weeks is considered normative recovery time. Those of us with little "keyhole" operations and 5 stitches total are one thing, but yous with a lot more done need to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES! and don't be bummed any more than possible at how long it's taking.

Also Christie, my dr. also said no progesterone because of no uterus.

Cathy (lil'eduk8r) where are you? how is the new school year?!

take care all
Nancy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
Christie, if you don't have a uterus she shouldn't have to be taking Progesterone according to my doctor, that is for women who still have their uterus. Maybe that is making you feel ill.
While it was once believed that if you don't have a uterus you don't need progesterone, this is not true. Some physicians mistakenly believe that progesterone's only role is preventing endometrial cancer; and while women who have no uterus don't have to worry about endometrial cancer, they do need to consider the effects of progesterone deficiency has on their bodies. Women need the balance between estrogen and progesterone for menopausal symptoms.

If you have questions about HRT, please visit the Hormone Jungle message boards and ask any questions there.
Unread 09-03-2007, 01:55 PM

Wow thanks.. I thought my doctor was sooo on the ball!!! She told me a new study and says differently.. I will do more research on it to take to her on on my next visit!! Thanks for your reply!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Barnie for President!!!

Barnie you have my vote if you ever change your mind! Too bad the people in office don't think like you.

DS was home for the holiday weekend. He left a couple of hours ago to go back to school. So sad, I hate to see him go.

I hope everyone that is not feeling well will soon be feeling 100%!! I'm not there yet but gradually feeling better. I'm looking forward to the day when I wake up and feel GREAT I start full time at work this week after working part time for the last 2 weeks. I'm kinda looking forward to it. I think work helps me keep my mind off of some situational stressers that are going on right now. I still feel kind of down but getting a little better.

I'm really going to miss this thread when we can't post anymore. I feel like we all know each other. Thank you all so much for all of your support these past weeks. It means the world to me!

Happycook
LAVH 7/16/07
Unread 09-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Happycook,

I have felt the same way. WHat am I gonna do without my new friends? We all have become so much closer in the fact that we really understand each other, and the trials and tribulations of our surgeries. Not to mention the fact that even some of our familial situations are similar - with children heding off to college, being teachers, and so many other things as well!!!

I have been comforted by everyone's words...whether they have directed to me or to someone else. Whether they are an update or support...it's been an amaing experience. Thank you all, and God bless each and everyone of you!
Unread 09-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Do we hafta go?

Some of you are talking about not posting anymore. Is there a time limit on this site?

I have also received much from all of you. Your posts have made me giggle, built me up and gave me reasons to be concerned for someone else besides little ole' me. Not to mention the extreme gratitude my husband has expressed because I do much of my complaining to you and give his ears a break.

Nancy, wow, I felt so proud that you noted my intelligence. Menopause can really take a toll on a girl's brain cells, so I am just grateful I can still fool some people.

Happycook, thanks! That encouragement is why we keep coming back to this site even though we are better and busier.

Christie...oh dolly! I'll be praying for you especially. How frustrating. I hope you are able to reach your DR and confirm what our hostess told us.

Catherine, cool lady. Thanks for watching over us.
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Sisters Chat July 16-Jul 23-2007

Hi ladies, I hope to see you all here!!! to chat... recovery issues I will see you in post op.. fun and chat about DD's an DS and DH.. here!!! Presouz!
Unread 09-03-2007, 06:55 PM

I think there is a time limit but you can still post recovery things in post op, but to chat and fuss about.... I see there are sites on the clubhouse, I made one for us Sisters Chat July 16-Jul 23-2007 https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...99#post2325399 see you there!!!
Unread 09-03-2007, 09:48 PM

DITTO to the comments on our limit on posting. I don’t post much but I love this place and all of you ladies! You all have helped me so much I don’t know what I would have done without you. Probably drive my doctor nuts.
THANK YOU ALL!
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:08 PM

OOOO!! Presouz, thank you so much...I didn't know we could do that. I believe that this site is shut down after 8 weeks, I was bummed until you told us about the clubhouse!! I agree, for not having met f2f, I feel so close to all of you. I also learned that from all the work you teachers talk about on top of possibly getting a class from hell, I think I pass on that profession. I really, really, respect you gals. I'll never forget my 6th grade English teacher,Mrs. Arrowsmith. I thought she hung the moon! In retrospect, I think that my admiration was because no matter how bad the "other" kids were, she was always smiling and never raised her voice, AND she always made me the class monitor

Hysterwise, I am 10000% better than 6 weeks ago! I keep forgetting to change my Vivelle Dot. Then I remember, when the flashes start and I start crying again! I think fatigue is lessening, we'll know for sure tomorrow. I go to the gym for the first time since July 18. I'm making myself stick to treadmill 3.5 incline 3.5 mph for 20 min then 10lb upper body workout should take another 20 min. I'll let ya'll know. I've gained about 7lbs since the surgery. Not sure, but I think the Double fudge brownie ice cream and coconut creme cookies had something to do with it???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register