Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 07-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Possible Bladder infection?

I had my surgery 7/18, LAPVH--took everything (uterus, both ovaries, cervix) I go to the doctor this afternoon, felt really bad yesterday after doing so well----think I have a bladder infection, burning urination still (a week after surgery), pain in my back, general all over yucky feeling. Also running a low grade fever. Has anyone else had bladder infection post-op?? I am dissapointed in my energy level since yesterday--I was doing so good, walking and minor household chores. Now I feel sick---crying easily. Hurts when I urinate. Will let you all know how I made out a the doctor. Would like to get back to work as soon as possible. Thanks for all of your support ladies--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 07:20 AM
yellodaisy

Hey everyone. I am 37 and I had a LASH on 7/17/07. I was in surgery at 7:00 am and home by 4:00 pm. Had a little morphine in recovery (very hard to come out of) and on mepergan at home for a few days. The pain is manageable with ibuprofen now. I still walk hunched over a little, but not too bad. (went to Wal-mart yesterday, but then had to take a 2 hour nap). Recovery has not been too bad, although the hot flashes have begun.
Unread 07-25-2007, 07:24 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

yes, I had a bladder infection post-op. I had my surgery Tues. and ended up back at the doctor's office on Thur. I was feeling exactly like you are and was scared I would end up back in the hospital, but he gave me some antibiotics and sent me home. The next day, I felt so much better. Hope you do, too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:13 AM

I had a TAH on July 17th. I was completely surprised at how well it went. I was completely petrified and it surprised me how well it went. My only horrible time was immediately after surgery in recovery. I didn't understand where I was and tried to get up off the table (Ouch). After settling down from that, all went well. I was up and walking on Wednesday and have been feeling well since then.

The pain that I experience from this surgery is LESS than the pain from the cramping with the fibroids.

Thanks for all the suggestions about what to take. I agree that the lip balm was essential. The pain medication or some other drug made me very dry.

Recovery at home has been good also. Taking a bath exhausts me but I am really trying to do stuff and keep up. Sitting at the computer desk is hard so I'm thankful for the laptop to be able to be in the bed.

I'm kinda bored - and I'm sure it is just because I'm being told I can't get up and do what I want. I'm usually very active and this sitting still is HARD!

Having only minor problems. Looking forward to feeling WELL soon!

Best wishes to all my sisters who have had surgery recently!
Unread 07-25-2007, 12:36 PM

Today is one week after my surgery. I am doing great overall. Hardly any pain - sometimes a little in the evening if I am up a lot during the day. The gas pain is really slowing down, of course I have cut way back on any foods with a lot of fiber for a couple days LOL!

My biggest problem is insomnia!! 3 days now of hardly any sleep at all. We tried valerian/melatonin but it didn't work, so will try Tylenol PM tonight. If that doesn't work, my doc says they will give me something else.

I am already glad I did this!! Even with the insomnia, I have more energy than I did before and that constant pain I was always in is gone. I can't wait until 6 weeks from now or so when it hits me that I won't have another period!!
Unread 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM

I am 27. Had my TAH on 7/16/07. I went home from the Hospital on 7/19. Do not remember much from the hospital stay as I was on Morphine most of the time.

I feel okay today. I am having shooting pains around where my incision is. I thought I had staples, but come to find out I didn't. I went to the doctor yesterday to have them removed and come to find out, they didn't use them...and didn't tell me! Oh well...

I am doing pretty well considering what I just went through. Physically I am doing okay, but emotionally it has been a roller coaster all ready. Taking it one day at a time.
Unread 07-25-2007, 02:35 PM

Hello to all my fellow sisters.....Its been a strange week for me. The time in the hospital was a breeze. My recovery was great and the nurses were amazed at how well I was getting around. I had LVAH (not sure if this is the correct initials) ?They were still undecided as of Monday morning in pre-op if they would be able to do the vaginal or if I was going to have to have the abdominal. Lucky me.....it was vaginal.
Took out-uterus, cervix and had bladder repairs. Left both ovaries

Day one-slept most of the day because of the meds. I vaguely remember talking to doctors and nurses. (they should give you a memo to refer to) That afternoon/evening I was begging to take the cath out.
Day two-I was up most of the night, they doctor came in at 6am and I was so happy to see her. They removed the gauze packing and explained to me again what they did. I was able to pass gas and walked alot. I was glad to be free from the IV and cath. Still unsure if I was going home or not. Dr came in around 5 and said I could go home if I wanted. SO of course I did.
Day three-did pretty good getting around, in and out of bed. Actually felt great.
Day four-Was having a rough day. Had a BM and it was not fun. I did feel better afterwards though. Started running a little fever and getting hot........seems like 230am is when I am waking with a pool of sweat....
Day five-called Dr office to tell them about fever was able to break it with tylenol but kept coming back. Had a ton of perium pressure and low back pain
Day six-wanted to go crazy..fever up and down, hot flushing and had to pee a lot. Every 15-20 minute
Day seven-my mom came to my rescue.....went to see a movie got a good laugh. Alot of pain and started the fevers again. I was in so much pain by 10 pm that I had to double up on pain meds and wanted to go to the bathroom so bad. I tried everything thinking surely that would help. I guess up until this point I thought things had been running smoothly. I had expected to have some discharge but after Dr removed packing I had hardly any.

Monday morning July 23 at 215 am fever jumped to 102.9 and I was going crazy it was not coming down at this point. I woke hubby up to take me to ER. My Dr was at the hospital doing deliveries when we got there. While walking to ER check in I noticed something warm running down my leg. (sorry TMI) It was brown blood. Once we were in a triage room and they check the urine I had a errible UTI. I had dehydrated because of fever and freguent bathroom runs. ( Hard to imagine dehydration when you drink a gallon of water a day) Anyway she ordered IV with heavy duty antibiotics. Meanwhile pain levels were 9 and 10 with no relief from anything. They gave me an enema because of the constipation(pain meds and iron were unfortunately not nice to my system) But it did make me feel a lot better. I did start getting a very horrible brown discharge while we were in the ER. Good thin I was there because I would have panicked with this. Its the most awful smell I have ever smelled. As I spoke to the nurse she informed me that the swelling must have gone down enough for the drainage to take place. Eeeeewwwwwwwww. I though I was in the clear.
As of today I feel much better, I have not taken anything for pain today. I still have some discharge but I guess it will all find it way out eventually. Emotionally I am a wreck for the first time and am having bad night sweats....I didnt think I was going to get them with my ovaries still in place.
The doctors office called me a few minutes ago to let me know that the pathology report came in and there was a reason for sure that I had so much pre-op pain.......It was something like adenemosis? not sure on the spelling.
Wish you all well........
Kym
Unread 07-25-2007, 03:08 PM

just to let you know urinary tract infections are very common after any caths. Check with you doc so you can have your urine checked. I have one and had surgery on 7-16-07.
Unread 07-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Just came from the doctor--yes I have a UTI, will take some antibiotics and will be feeling good in no time.

I may be able to go back to work in 2-3 weeks!! That would be great, because we need my income to make ends meet.
Unread 07-25-2007, 03:42 PM

I am sorry for your loss. I can understand the frustration of trying to get well but needed to be there for your husband. I will keep you in my prayers for your smooth recovery and good spirits.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register