Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 73 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Breast Cancer

Hi Barnabusa, I have not been here since 8/23 - went back to work and have been very busy. I saw your post concerning your mamo. I am so glad you finally went, please girls do not put it off. In Dec 2006 I had to go in for a diognostic mamo on my right breast, they had been watching a calcification for 2 years. The radiologist insisted I have it biopsied this time. Jan. 8th I had the biopsy and it came back positive. There was no lump to feel, so that is why the mamo's are so important. My lumpectomy was Feb 8Th. Because mine was caught so early, I did not require any further treatment. I do have to go back every 6 months to be checked and for a mamo. I probably would have had my hysterectomy back then if it had not been for the breast cancer. I hope everybody is taking good care of all parts of their health. We tend to get hung up on one part of the body and forget it all works together. I will say some prayers that you are even luckier than I was and wish you luck. Don't be afraid, the worst thing anybody can do is ignore your health.
I'm feeling great after 7 weeks. Everything is working the way it should. I did find out yesterday I still have to watch the lifting though.
to everybody, you're a great bunch of girls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi Midnite! Just wondering about your biopsy. Maybe you could private message me? I am not sure how to do that in here yet! Whenever you get a chance! Thanks!
Unread 09-07-2007, 06:49 PM

JesisFreak2007 did you get my private message, still learning how to manuver myself?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2007, 08:01 PM

I haven't posted in a few days. I have been working long hours at work and so tired when I come home I just flop on
the sofa

Barnie, I'm so sorry you are going through this. You are in my prayers. I'm sure God is looking out for you. Everything will be ok. I do have a mamagram order in my purse that I have been ignoring. I'm going to call to make an appointment next week.

Guess I'll go for now. Hope everyone starts to feel better! We'll get to that "feel great" day soon.

HappyCook
(51)
LAVH
Unread 09-07-2007, 08:25 PM

Hi everybody!

Sorry a lot of you are having trouble sleeping. I usually sleep ok if everyone will be QUIET. DH works nights and I hear him come home. BANG the bedroom door opens, BANG the bathroom door opens, then he gets in the SHOWER. Then the dresser drawer opens and closes. GOOD GRIEF!!
I do have trouble waking early too. Remember how good we slept when we were young. I remember going to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Those were the days.

I'm looking forward to celebrating Grandaughter's 11th birthday this weekend. DH and I went to Grandparents day yesterday at her school for breakfast and classroom visit. She is such a delight!

Guess I'll go for now. Hope we all get a good night's sleep tonight!

HappyCook
(51)
LAVH
Unread 09-07-2007, 09:43 PM

Barnie - One thing I learned from my Liver failure 5 years ago, was if they don't tell you to get here pronto, it's USUALLY not anything earthcrashing. You know, kinda like no news is good news? My sister was called back after one of her mammo's for retesting and it just turned out to be fibroids. They've been watching them for about 8 years now, so apparently it's nothing. Hopefully, this will be your case! Try to not worry sweetie, after all is there any thing you can do about it right this very minute? So just relax, the nurse even said that you should be alive tomorrow Even so, I'll keep put you on my prayer list.....
Unread 09-08-2007, 01:06 AM

Whew....I have been gone forever and I see lots of newbies here. Barnie, this seems so surreal that you have to deal with this latest stuff. Have you heard anything recently? I'm sorry for all your tsuris (yiddish for troubles/worries) and I'm also sorry that you have to wait to even get checked. Phooey on that. Please let us know as soon as you find anything out.

I've been back at work full time since 4 weeks pre-op. I am so busy that I average about 5 hours of sleep every night. I am zapped by the end of the week. I feel great, physically, don't even feel like I had surgery except that I don't feel like I am sitting on my cervix like I used to before my surgery.

Now about sex....I am still somewhat cautious since my BF is rather sizable. I don't let him go at it with wild abandon because I am afraid of full penetration unless he is very slow and gentle. He says things feel "tighter," although the doctor didn't mention anything about doing a nip n' tuck. I'm happy about the Big O's. They happen more easily than before since I don't have the prolapse to deal with anymore. My drive is down in intensity but I blame the lack of sleep on that as well as adjusting to the menopause that was well under way before I had the hysteroony. All in all, I would give it a 31/2-out-of-5-star rating in pleasure and a 5-star rating in my surprise/relief that things are still in fine working order.

I am REALLY happy with my bladder sling. I don't have to run to the bathroom with my legs crossed anymore.

You all oughta listen to the advice Presouz has been giving you about taking probiotics. If you have been suffering from gas, UTI's, or whatever, the probiotics found in yogurt or acidophilus will help reset your body's flora counter. Taking antibiotics tilts the balance of your body's natural chemistry, making it a prime place to develop a yeast infection (which in turn can relapse you into having another bladder infection) and various gastric discomforts. Your immune system may already be compromised because of the "insult" of the surgery and the healing process wearing you down. You can get these probiotics in any healthfood store or Trader Joes. Even grocery stores carry acidophilus and other sources of the cultures found in yogurt. Ok...time to step off my soapbox!

I think this site is soooo awesome. I especially like that those of us that have had surgery can hop on over to the pre-op side and offer support and encouragement.

Cathy
Unread 09-08-2007, 02:00 PM

Lil-eduk8r,

Glad everything is going well for you. Be sure to check out our Hysterectomy Club House July 16-23 chat thread that Presouz created. Unfortunately they will shut down this Recovery site next week but we can continue to chat in the Club House thanks to Presouz!

Hope everyone else is doing great this weekend. I'm feeling kinda tired today so I think I'll just take it easy.

Happycook
Unread 09-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi from Aus

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking long-distance and have really appreciated all your stories and news. Sorry to year some of you are still having problems and I hope they all mend for you soon.

I went back to work 2 weeks ago, and my fab Dr had no trouble in writing me a cert to work shortened hours for a couple of weeks which worked well. First week I really needed the extra rest but this last week I've felt much stronger - in fact I have to watch myself on the weekend because there are so many chores to get stuck into. DH has been great though and is still happy to do the hard stuff for a while.

cheers and thanks

LAVH 17/7/07
Unread 09-09-2007, 07:11 PM

How do you find the link to Presouz clubhouse???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register