Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 74 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Where or where is everyone at?? LOL I still cant sleep!! I am turning into the no sleep monster!! Help!! Love you all! God bless!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:10 PM

Hi Christie!!

I cant sleep either!! what are we going to do????
Unread 09-09-2007, 08:12 PM

I see you found it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Lightbulb - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 zzzzzzzzz

I still say this procedure has turned many of us into a medical phenomenon caller Hyster Induced Vampirinsomniacs! I do sleep occasionally all night but not others. What is the difference on those night I do sleep?

Well, sometimes, because of discomfort, I'll take a couple of Tylenol, I have noticed that I usually sleep well with that. I don't want to be dependent on drugs so I keep looking for a natural solution. Some of you have given us some ideas....can you repeat them?

Otherwise, I have actually becoming adjusted to the weird hours. I use that time to pray, read, knit, watch old shows or get online. I have found that staying in bed and listening to Ipod calms me enough to go back to sleep too.

Just random thoughts

By the way some of us girls went to "Becoming Jane" tonight. It was a little boring in spots, but I really liked it. Great girls night show!!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 09:03 PM

wow good idea!! I have some sleep relax wave music on my ipod I took to the hospital to drown out noise... I should dig that out.. thanks!!
Unread 09-09-2007, 09:27 PM

She had an ultrasound and it was so cute...the baby was the size of a peanut!!

Bakz4 - Isn't it amazing that before they had ultrasounds that people called them their little peanut?

Ultrasounds are so amazing! The three-D are unbelievable.

Hope all are feeling better.
MJ
Unread 09-10-2007, 12:14 AM

I'm having such the opposite problem with the sleep. I'm sleeping at least 6 hours at night, usually 8. And then I usually take a rest between 3-4. I thought that maybe when I started back to the gym last week, that a really slow and easy workout would energize me. Which it did, during the morning and afternoon but now I take a full out nap from 3-4. I've been feeling guilty about the nap, but DH has been so dear and tells me that I should be happy about this new sleep schedule since I've probably been sleep deprived due to pain for the last 10 years. I guess I shouldn't complain, cuz when I'm up I feel FABULOUS!!!! Have you guys tried warm Ovaltine? A friend of mine swears by it because of L-tryptophan in it. JF2007, I don't know much about diabetes, but maybe it has too much sugar in it for you? I wonder if they make sugar free Ovaltine?
Unread 09-10-2007, 04:09 AM

I too am having troubles with sleep. I used to get up to go to the bathroom before the surgery, but generally went right back to sleep. NOW, I get up, but can't sleep. Sometimes I'm awake for 2-3 hours, which is alot when facing a roomful of children in the morning.

I too don't like drugs, but sometimes I'll take Advil or Tylenol before going to bed to ensure a good night. I used to drink wine with dinner (LOVE IT!!), but realized that that may be keeping me awake, so I stopped. Sleep is somewhat better. But I have to admit, that it's not always the cause.

Most of the time I try to sneak out of bed and go the livingroom and watch something boring on the tv. I don't like to wake DH, he gets up at 5:15 for work. But I have to admit, when he wakes up and realizes I'm not sleeping, he cuddles me, and then will massage my face for a little bit...and it puts me right out!!! And it's the most peaceful sleep!!

Well, here on the east coast it's after 6am, so I need to go get ready for work. UGH!! And I have grad school tonight. It's gonna be a rough sememster. ALTHOUGH-check this out-my prof on Thrusday night informed us that we will NOT have to write a thesis paper!! She said that they have listened to those students who have come before us and realized as new and untenured teachers that it is a burden that we do not need. So instead, we are going to do the prep work that will lead into the thesis, and present that at the end of the semester! God has certainly bless all of us!!

Have a great day ladies!!
Unread 09-10-2007, 05:22 PM

Hi everybody,

Funnymonkey, thanks for the ovaltine tip. I think I'll try it. It seems like I feel good one day and then the next day I'm worn out. Looking forward to the day when I feel good everyday. I'm not on any hormones and I had everything removed. I have been trying to get by without anything but sometimes I feel down. I'm not having too much trouble with hot flashes. I
have something that feels kind of like a warm flash but it is not too unpleasant. I think I'll just try longer without hormones as I don't want to gain the weight I have lost. I'm not sure it they would make me gain weight or not though.

Today's my GD birthday. We went out to eat yesterday at Abualo's Mexican Restaurant. It was very good but I did not weigh myself this morning. Thought I would try to make up for it today. HA HA

Hope everyone sleeps well this evening

Happycook
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:23 PM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 what happens when...

....the hormone patch is put on your breast?

I received a certified letter Thurs. saying I have a questionable area on my mammogram that requires further examination.

When I was in surgery for TAH they put the patch on my abdomen. The next morning, the nurse couldn't find it anywhere and assumed it just fell off during the long sweaty night or during the transferring onto the bed and put on another one. I found it stuck on my right breast later that morning in the shower. I told the nurse about it, but she didn't seem to be too concerned. Then when the Dr was going over discharge instructions, he said I could put the patch anywhere on my body then paused and said, "well, not the breast." :confuse:

After surgery I was itchy all over, by the time I got home I was just itchy in my breast. Now I am only slightly itchy in the same breast the patch was found and displayed the "area that requires further evaluation"

Anyone one knows why the patch should not be put on the breast??

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register