Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 76 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

yes Presouz did finaly!! LOL takes me a whle but I catch on after a bit LOL!! I think you are pretty awesome Presouz!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 04:03 AM

HappyCook,

The word 'tired' seems just so insignificant to me...there is not a word to explain how I feel. Exhausted comes close, but still not strong enough! On Monday, I came home from work, slept an hour an a half, then went to my grad school class, and fell into bed and slept all through the night. It was actually a FIRST for me...didn't even wake up to go pee!!! Last night, took DD shopping for an outfit to wear for the NY Philharmonic concert this Friday night (her band teacher is a John Williams fanatic and he is conducting the concert).....came home and FELL into bed, and again, slept through the night. although I feel like I could have slept 6 more hours!!

Speaking of DD...her birthday is this Saturday. I always get nostalgic when my kids' birthdays roll around. We take out the old VHS tapes and watch their first days home. The older they get the harder it gets...cannot believe my kids are so grown uup...DD will be 15 (DS will be 20 in April). For the most part, we get along great, and we love to spend time together! I am very blessed!!

Anyway, have a great day all! Here on the east coast, the heat and humidity finally broke and we have dry weather high of 75! I'm ready to get the day going!
Unread 09-12-2007, 06:53 PM

I can really understand the exhausted feeling, if thats a word for it! I go to bed starting at around 9 or 10 PM. And I take meds to help me sleep too!!!Then I toss and turn for a few hours, then I get up around midnight or a little later and usualy come in the living room and get onmy computer! Usualy until I cnat see anymore, and think that now I am so tired i can go to sleep!! WRONG!!!! So I toss and turn some more, watch TV, and before you know it the alarm is going off at 5:30 AM !!! Time for DH , and kids to get up for work and school. Then I try to go back to sleep around 8 AM . Sometimes I can go back to sleep for an hour or so and sometimes I cant! Then I get up and start my daily stuff, which depending on what mood I am in as to what I do or get done!! Mood swings are horrible!! Depression is very sad, on some days, and some days not. I feel like a rubber band all wound up very tightly ready to pop!! I was thinking of stopping the Homones all together!! Somebody told me about black acosh or something like that!I dont know!!??So how long does this menopause thing last??? And when am I going to feel better then I have ever felt before???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-12-2007, 10:42 PM

Awww Christie, honey. If you get on the menopause forum, some of these questions will probably be answered far more intellectually than I could. If I was having as much trouble as you are, I would high tail it to my Dr. and tell him I want an adjustment. I hope you get better, soon. Losing so much sleep is bound to make us cranky without our hormones sabotaging us, too. I'll talk to our Lord about you, tonight. I hope He sends you some answers......barnie
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:47 AM

Christie,

check into saliva testing email me email removed for safety reasons. Some great books on menopause and hormones. I spent years in research and finally did what I knew was best - testing the levels. Our hormone levels are not in our blood. Also with the surgery your body goes through alot of trauma and the adrenal glands are greatly affected. Checking cortisol levels is very important. I have spiking cortisol at night (1 AM to 5 AM or so) it wakes me and also causes severe night sweats. After 5 years I have given in to a sleep aid just to get me through this healing process. I went in for my 6 week and my vaginal stitches had not absorbed. I go back the end of Sept. I believe my sorness and other non healing is due to NO SLEEP. Ambien, Lunesta, Adavan and many over the counter supplements could not keep me asleep during the cortisol spike. This drug is allowing me 3 to 4 hours sleep (10 to 1) and then back around 5 until 9. I am an empty nester so I have the luxury of sleeping in the morning.
I try to walk 1 to 2 miles a day - casual pace, I tried exercise, but it is still a little too uncomfortable so the 'pudge' will have to stay a few more weeks. I hit a 'doldrum' these past 2 days and have cried, screamed, pitched a fit, and had a pity party. I am on bio identical progesterone daily and 2 x a wk testosterone - both creams. I have estrogen just in case and use a dab a few times a week. I have a list of what causes what symptom from the lab is you are interested and a list of good books for natural hormone balance. We should be able to be our normal selves according to my Pharmacist and Doctor of 30 years. Women's hormonal and chemical balances are very delicate. Please do not live with what seems like you 'have to' you do not. There are answers and help - they do not need to be in the pharmaceutical companies with synthetic drugs.

Love ya
My passion is to help women have a better understanding of what our mother's did not go through due to our changing environment. I am 55 and I too am looking for a woman who has walked the road ahead of me.
Pray and the Lord will guide your steps.
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:34 AM

It's wonderful to see that friendships are developing among all of you, but please remember that this is a recovery progress thread. It is for the purpose of your progress report and is not for chit-chat. If you have a question about your surgery/recovery, you should create a NEW thread in either the Post Op forum (or in our Hormone Menopause Central forums if your problem is HRT/menopause related). There is a thread in place in our Clubhouse forums for chatter unrelated to hysterectomy. Let's see if we can get this thread back on track.
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:59 AM

Catherine,

I appologize, I am totally unfamiliar with any type of forum like this. I thought this was about my recovery. Roller coaster. Good one day and lousey the next. happy to frustrated and agitated. Insomnia worse than the 5 years prior and unable to get balance in my physical and emotional life due to the imbalance in my body due to menopause and surgery. My recovery is slower than my doctor expected. Still have inner stitches and soreness in the ab - have not driven yet and car riding is not comfortable. 7 weeks post op and confused as to what is going on in my body. I do not post very often as I am not sure about all this.
thanks and again I am sorry I did not fall in line. I am a rule follower and try to be in guidelines.
Unread 09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
New to HysterSisters...

I'm new to this site and posted on the new person board already with my story.

Had TAH on July 17 after attempting it first with the scope so have several scars/incisions that are healing.

As far as progress, I'm still feeling weak and get tired very easily, especially having 4 kids still at home and back to work full time. I have very little appetite since the surgery but forcing myself to eat due to knowing I need to for my strength to return.

I came home from the hospital with an open incision and that's almost healed. I'm still experiencing vaginal discharge but it's not as much as it has been. Probably the worst complication is having numbness in my back and down into my right thigh from them pinching a nerve during the surgery that the OB/GYN says is common. He tells me it will come back.

I'm not on HRT at all and haven't had any complications as far as moods or night sweats. I'm having problems with sleeping but I think that's due to the numbness, dicharge, and incision problems so I'm taking sleeping pills for the time being until everything else is healed up.

Thanks for having someplace to share.
kdg
Unread 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM
Still not fully released by my Dr...

Just as you think your through and ready to go back to "normal" life something detours you, although mine is not nearly in the same league as what some of you are going through, it can still be difficult to deal with.

Today, I had my 8 week check-up, just 2 weeks after my 6 week check-up and 2 weeks before my 10 week check-up, hopefully there won't be a 12 week. Anyone notice a pattern?

Apparently, my cuff isn't healling, as well as it should, there is granulation tissue at the upper end, which the Dr is concerned about. He treated with silver nitrate for the second time now and I was finaly cleared for "relations" but if I have bleeding or pain he has kindly offered to remove it if in an office procedure

Isn't bleeding and pain why I went to him in the first place?

Years ago I had the same type of skin on my palm and they use electric cauterization to "kill it"

Has anyone had more done than silver nitrate treatments to fix this? Will they cauterize it? Will I want to join S&M clubs when he is finished?
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:37 PM

Audrey,

Thank god, somebody else is exhaused too. I was starting to think that something was wrong with me, again. For the past 2 days (since I went to the gym for what I thought was an easy w/o) I have slept all night and all day. No lie, I got up at 7:30 this morn, went back to sleep until 1, ate, then back to sleep again until 5 and now I'm in bed again for I'm sure a full nights sleep. It's almost like early post surgery again. When do I get the pep back????

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register