Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-15-2007, 05:19 AM
8 Weeks Today

Well Ladies,

I lay in bed this morning and upon waking I was thinking about my body. First, as I awoke I realized how tired I still was...that I actually have slept ALL NIGHT for the past 5 nights without getting up to pee (remember this is amazing to me since I had the bladder that got punctured during the LVAH).

As I was thinking that I really needed to get up to pee, I was rubbing my belly, feeling the vertical incision on my belly. That sent the thinking patten to the fact that I have lost 10 pounds since I have come home from the hospital. I want it to be more, but I am grateful and thankful that I am not lugging around two 5 pound packages of sugar on a daily basis!!

Well, as I lay thinking about the fact that I have a little less belly fat, I thought about my daughter...today is her birthday. She is 15! Oh my goodness, where did the years go? Well, thinking about her led to thinking about her cycles, which in turn had me thinking of mine. That led to the most wonderful thought of all...I'VE NOT HAD A PERIOD IN 10(!) WEEKS NOW !!!!!

HAHA, as I thought about that, I smiled, and then prayed for my blessings, and the fact that I feel so much better, except for the feeling of pure exhaustion. The monthly pains are gone...the excessive bleeding; I don't leak when I cough, sneeze, or laugh; the UTI seems better this week; the yeast infection is nearly all cleared up; and life is pretty much back to where it was prior to July 18 (which, BTW, was MY birthday-LOL).

Finally, as I write this post, I think about and pray for my new friends. My new sisters who are the only ones who can really relate to and understand that even, what seems to be so minor to anyone else, is a big deal to us. What a blessing you all have been to my recovery. It's been 8 weeks of challege. I ask God to tell me what purpose He had for me; what lessons was I to learn through the punctured bladder and surgery that followed and the complications that came along with it? If nothing else, I have had to learn about patience. I have learned that I do not have to suffer alone, and that I can lean on others to get me over the hump when I feel incapeable.

Thank you all for always being there! Thank you Hystersisters for this website. Thank you to everyone who has shared and posted, and to the ones who lurk, thank you too...for your good thoughts and prayers are important to me too!

God bless you all, today and always!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi ladies,
I have been gone for a while (no internet), but have enjoyed reading all of the posts and catching up with everyone. I will be two months post-op tomorrow and I can't believe it. Other than the bladder infection 2 days after surgery, my recovery has gone very well. I am still very tired, but getting better everyday. I started taking hormones two weeks ago and the flashes are slacking off. One of these days, I hope to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time. The mood swings are tolerable and not having constant pain in my stomach is WONDERFUL!! I haven't felt this good since I was in college. I have been praying for my sisters and will continue to do so. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

Karen
Unread 09-16-2007, 09:06 PM

Hey everyone, I'm glad I found the clubhouse. I have been feeling pretty good except for the hot flashes. I have been having 15-20 a day!! I started taking Enjuvia about 2 weeks ago and I'm hoping it kicks in soon. I think my biggest struggle physically has been the lack of sleep, just like so many of you. I had some other struggles emotionally that made the physical stuff seem like a cakewalk. I have two boys, but have never been pregnant, so the decision to have a hysterectomy was a big one for me. I was sure that this is the path that God wanted me to take was confident in my decision. In the last 3 weeks, two of the ladies in my Bible study group (and also some of my best friends) have told me they are pregnant. I spent a rough few days questioning my decision and my sanity. The best piece of advice I had was to never question in the dark what God told me in the light. I feel like I am coming out of a very thick fog, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for all of the encouragement and the prayers. It has been wonderful to know that I am not alone. I am definitely returning the favor! Love to all,
Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-17-2007, 12:36 AM

Hi Sisters,
Long time, no visit.
I have been back at work (teaching) for a while now, since 4 weeks post-op. I honestly don't feel like I ever had surgery! My body feels normal and comfortable although I am still a little uncomfortable during intercourse. I know some of that is mental but things aren't the same "down there" and there is a little tenderness that I think will disappear in time. I passed through a month when I know I ovulated. I had all of the symptoms (bloating, sensitive breasts, the need for milkduds) but no period! The doctor told me that eventually my body will forget and those symptoms will lessen as the months go by. I don't know what he was talking about and I am going through the "change" anyway so I don't expect this will happen very often.
I powerwalk with my class twice/week and don't notice any problems except that my bladder feels more secured. Yay for that! I swam last week and it was a good way to get back into low-impact exercising.
Who knew it would be this easy? I am still so amazed and VERY grateful.
Unread 09-17-2007, 04:25 AM

Cathy,
Good to hear from you! Glad you are feeling well and life is returning to normal for you.

When you mentioned ovulating, it's something that's been on my mind lately. Now, I still have my ovaries, but I've not had any of the ovulating/PMS symptoms that I had prior to my LVAH...I would get a hard, swollen belly to the point that I felt three months pregnant, my boobs would get so puffy that when I took my bra off at night, I'd have to do if slowly so that when they dropped it didn't tug...plus I'd have imprints from the lace on my bra on my breasts! No joke! Can't say that I've craved chocolate or anything sweet for that matter. Appetite is smaller, but the weight is not dropping like I want it to.

I realized that I should have had two periods, so I'm THRILLED that I dont have to suffer anymore with that monthly pain.

Regarding intercourse...still haven't done it. I know it's gotta happen soon, but I am so darned scared...I just don't want to get another UTI!! Talk about gun-shy! LOL...poor DH has been so patient and understanding! OH well...

Have a wonderful day all....8 weeks! Wow! Can you believe it? Shower calls as I begin a new week with the youngin's! HAHA...bye
Unread 09-17-2007, 10:22 AM

Karen -
You are sane! I had the exact same feelings after both of my miscarrages. I had 2 within 5 years, and each time it seemed that EVERONE was getting pregnant, including my sister! I was plagued with alot of selfish thoughts, and promptly informed God that he was unfair and cruel I do have 2 stepsons, whom I love dearly, so in a way I am a mother for short spells (8 weeks a year, 2 at Christmas and then 6 during the summer). I look at it like the best of both worlds! I thought that I had accepted the fact that biological full time motherhood was just not part of my journey and then the hyster reared it's head. My hardest emotional part of recovery was the FINALITY of not having my own child, at least prior to surgery I could change my mind. But when I think about it logically, with all of the endo damage, there was NO WAY my body could support a pregnancy. That may have been why I miscarried. I still imagine what a wonderful feeling it must be to carry a part of my and my DH. My sister made up for my lack of childbearing, she ended up with THREE. I figure motherhood must be a really hard life since she decided to have her tubes tied So I focus all the my motherly love on my stepsons, niece and nephews. That way we all benefit. I have an outlet for my giving, and they receive more love from there stepmom/aunt than usual. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!!! I pray that our Lord will share his comfort with you in your time of grief. That is the only place I found solace. Hugs, love and tender thoughts sent your way......
Krista
Unread 09-17-2007, 05:45 PM

Karen and Krista:

Of course you made the right decision. You had to do what was necessary to keep your body healthy. You don't have to have a biological child to be a mother. You are already mothers and darn good ones it seems.

For some reason I have really felt good today I hope this feeling continues. I feel like I have a lot of energy and not as down as I have been. Oh, I did try the warm Ovultine Krista. I don't know if it was that or not but I did sleep pretty well last night. It tasted good too especially when I put marshmellows on top! I'm going to have a cup tonight.

Well, as I sit here I look like a tomato. DH and I went fishing on Saturday and it was such a beautiful day I didn't realize I was getting a sunburn. Oh well it was fun. We went on a long hike yesterday. I was tired afterwards but was so thrilled I actually felt like hiking! I remember back in May attempting to hike but was so anemic from all the heavy bleeding I had to go back home. Oh my life is so good!!!! I am so glad I had this hysterectomy. I wish I had it a long time ago!

Happycook
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just a note. We will NOT be closing your thread at the end of the 8 weeks. Instead we will move it to our Clubhouse Forum for you to continue your friendships there.

We ask that you remember to start a new thread if you have questions about your recovery.

And we also ask you to stick around in post-op to help the other members who are new and asking questions about their recovery.

s

Carry on!
Unread 09-17-2007, 07:59 PM

Krista and Happycook,
Thanks for the encouragement. It has been great having this site and knowing that we are all going through this together. My friends and family all love me and have been wonderfully caring, but there is something special about sharing the ups and downs with someone who is also going up and down!! Hope you have a great week!! Love to all,
Karen
Unread 09-18-2007, 02:30 AM
Red face - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Too Sleepy!!!

Hello all my wonderful most awesome club house sisters!! Hope you all are doing just fabulous!!!! I am still trying to adjust to my hormone therapy!!! I have been reading up on it too!! I now understand the importance of taking the hormones too! At least for me anyways! So I think that will help me to settle into them, so to speak. Although I still need prayers please, for mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, depression, and NO I mean NO sleep!! Please!!!! I am a rubber band wound up past to tight!! I have heard that you ease into feeling better eventually! But I haven't heard when or how long!?!? You as bizarre as this is going to sound, I do feel a lot better then I did before my surgery! I am glad I had my surgery! And I am most thank full I am NEVER EVER going to have one of those monthly things again!! DH says I am edgy, and I get upset very easily. Which is true cause I can feel it on the inside. I feel bad for DH and kiddos, but its so hard to hold it all in and to think oh yes I am about to pull someones head off, I better not do that! Ha! Know what I mean?? I have to say I am still very tired, not only sleep deprived, but just tired. Going to town, to the store for a little bit is all I can handle, if I even go anywhere at all. I am very proud of myself if I get a bath and get dressed all in one day!I know its going to get better, and I know this to shall pass!! Its just those itsy bitsy baby steps that I have to take to get there! I need to be exercising too, badly. I found out I have Metabolic Syndrome from my doctor after I had my surgery. YIKES!! Look that one up if you want. I have exercised once!! My bad! But I will, I have too!! For me, my DH and kiddos!! Thank you all again for listening to me! This is the only place I have to vent, and be really honest! You all are so awesome!!!! May God Bless You ALL Abundantly!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register