Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 82 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 09-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnymonkey
Deb, what herbal supp were you taking? I'm on .1 vivelle dot right now, but it seems that I've had a daily headache ever since I started using it, and I'm thinking about ditching the estrogen and giving meno a go naturally...
I was doing Mood Balance by Source Naturals. I've taken them for years but not on a daily basis. Just when the mood arose. I'm 49 and have been doing the mood swing and hot flashes since my mid 30's. But it has valarian root in it and I was way to mellow. Almost non-functioning. Sooo. Now I'm trying Mood Blend sp-39 by solaray. I told the woman at the herb shop where I ago that what ever I tried I had to stay away from anything estrogen based. She suggested this and so far the moods have been okay and I seem to be more alert. So we will see.

I'm really prone to headaches(sinus). Good ol' NW weather and I work with alot of paper. So anything that produces headaches I stay very far away from.

Let me know if you find something that seems to work for you. I'm open to any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2007, 08:23 PM

Where's everybody?

I guess we are all busy with our lives and we don't post as much now. Oh well, I guess we must be feeling better if we are out and about.

OMG, DH and I went for a hike on Sunday. We went on a trail through the woods of a State Park. I didn't think that trail was ever going to end!! We walked and walked and walked
Finally after 2 hours we finally came to the end. I was so exhausted and my legs ached all evening Well of course I was too exhausted to cook so we ended up at the Olive Garden with the never ending pasta bowl in front of me. You all know how I love that Olive Garden, YumO. I had the day off on Monday and enjoyed going to GD volleyball game.
Work was very busy today and I had to work 10 hours. I got home just in time to see Dancing with the Stars! Love that show.

Hope everyone has a great evening. Older DD going to be 31 on Wednesday. Gee, sure doesn't seem that long ago that I had her. She turned out to be such a fine lady. I'm so proud of her.

HappyCook
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:58 PM

Happy Cook,
Still here but I think you're right. As we heal and get back to normal life whatever that might be we get busier. I know myself I've gotton back to my home business as well as working full time.
I spent Sat. at a local festival in a booth. I was there from 8am until 8pm. I was very tired and sore by the time I got but still managed to go out with girlfriends for a couple hours. Then I slept until 11:00am on Sunday.
I'm still having problems with the numb spot on my right leg. I've noticed my right leg tires quicker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2007, 08:52 AM

Yesterday was the first day 3 year old grandson has come back for baby sitting. It was good to hold him and rock him. I have him from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm. He is such a joy.

My doctor says I can finally go back to 'normal activities', but the motivation and stamina are not following the words. Good intentions and desire, but no follow through. My work has been piling up for 2 months so I have to get back into a routine and get busy. I have gone to the 'shop', we are textile screen printers, and have helped there, I am not pushing ink yet. Those days at the shop can be exhausting. I am beginning exercise to get the muscle back into shape - that pudge really bothers me. I have been walking since the 3rd or 4th week post op, but it was doing little or nothing for the ab.

I have had days of nothing but crying and wondering what is going on. My abdominal incision is still sore, but each week less sore. I just began driving again. I have really taken it easy and plan for a good full recovery. My doctor finally found a sleep aid that is helping and last night I got 6 hours straight sleep for the first time in 5 years. My BHT seems to keep the hot flashes under control for the most part. I have several through the day and the night sweats that were so severe have settled to 2 or 3 a night - none last night that woke me up anyway. All in all I think I am finally getting back to a more normal state of being. It has been a much different road than I anticipated.

I believe each woman going through a hysterectomy of any degree should have a mentor to walk along side her, not to give her own experience, but to support her as she goes through the unknown for her. It can be a very lonely and isolated place and time - it has been for me. Fear gripped me when I heard the doctors words.

God Bless your healing and recovery.

F
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:37 AM
life as unusual

I miss some of the old posters. Lil Edu8r, Nancy, etc. It is good to read your posts even if time and life has put a crunch on my internet time. I finally got a day that I wasn't called to sub. YAY. My house needs me and my tummy needs me. I think I am almost fully recovered from the surgery. Just some numbness around the belly and some lingering pangs, pulls and soreness. I have far more energy than I did even before the hysterectomy, but fatigue hits hard and sudden. When my energy is depleted, it is DEPLETED!

My biggest complaint is my digestive system is still a mess. In all fairness, it wasn't very regular before, but I blamed some of that on my heavy, continuous bleeding. Now that problem is gone and I am still having worries if there will be a bathroom close enough to the classroom I am subbing in to make it in time before the next class and do I even dare. Oh well, life is still much less complicated, socially, since the TAH.

I am ever so grateful to God for this site and the friendships I have made with you all. Thanks for the laughs and comfort. I will stay in touch.....barnie
Unread 10-03-2007, 10:31 AM

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, everyone is right. Now that our lives have returned to some sort of 'normalcy' (LOL-whatever that is for a woman) reading posts is about all I have time for. I think about everyone elvery day, and it's still good to hear about your lives!

Right now, besides teaching 2nd AND 3rd grades (I teach a combined grade level class, due to enrollemnt), going to graduate school two nights a week, being a wife, and Mom to a 15 year old (the son is off to college 10 hours away) when I do have free time, I'm reading textbooks, grading papers, doing lesson plans, grocery shopping, or writing reports. Not much of a life right now, but I know that I will be finished and graduated this coming July, and my DH and I are going on a cruise from NYC to Nova Scotia with another couple!

Tired does not begin to explain how I feel at the end of each day. I feel like an old lady at 46...how sad!

I, too, miss many of the earlier 'regulars' ... but I'm happy to have gotten to know many newer friends as well. You all keep me going. Especially when I read about how tired and sore you all are! Helps me to know that I am still not alone in this adventure!

So God Bless each of you...keep in touch, and be well.
Unread 10-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Audrey! You're a peach! You have a life! AND you help make lives for all those 2nd and 3rd graders. It always amazes me how flexible educators have to be.
It is good to hear from an earlier regular, again. Thanks for your response. You are right we need all of us...oldies, newbies, those just lurking who interject occasionally...to keep us going. I read your posts and think,"WOW! Women are remarkable creatures." No wonder, since God made us one of his last creations. The last creation gift he gave us was REST. I really have learned appreciation for this gift these last 2 months.

Now, after cutting up enough apples to make and bake 2 pies and a cobbler, I am going to go do just that...rest....toot-a-loo...
Unread 10-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Barnie, YOU CRACK ME UP!!!

Please send one of those pies out east--AAALLLLLL the way to the east end of Long Island (yeah...the glorious Hamptons-UGH)!!!! After today, I could use one!!!
Unread 10-10-2007, 09:49 PM

It's been a week since anyone has posted. Where's everybody at?

It 's finally gotten cool here in southern Indiana. I like autumn but cannot stand winter. I don't like cold weather or snow.

I've been working pretty long hours and pretty much worn out.
Had a party last week for oldest DD and son=in-law. That was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to taking a cooking class Thursday night. We have a wonderful kitchen store here that offers cooking classes and they are so much fun. I just love to go. A coworker is going with me. We'll have some yummy food!

Looking forward also to babysitting GS on Friday evening. He's a lot of fun too.

Guess I'll go for now. Please post back. I want to know what's going on with all your lives!!!

HappyCook
Unread 10-11-2007, 05:06 AM

HappyCook...

It loks like we are all getting back our lives...which I guess is a good thing. But you're right, it's fun to see what everyone is up to.

I am keeping busy teaching my two grade levels-2nd and 3rd this year. It's tough, two curriculums in the same room. I teach in a private school, so our numbers for third grade were too low to warant a teacher's salary based on the tuition they would have to pay, so I have the two grade levels along with an aide.

To add to that, I am taking two graduate classes toward my Master's Degree. While it's tough this year so far, it's gonna be worse in the spring, when I have to do my practicum. But my philosophy is that every class I attend is ONE LESS class that I have to go to. I graduate in July of next year.

DS came home from college for Fall Break last night. I went to go to the airport to pick him up and didn't get home until after midnight. I'm poooped to say the least! He's home until Sunday. I missed him so much...he's so grown, and maturing so wonderfully! He's a sophomore music education major minoring in French.

DD is keeping me busy...she is also a sophomore, in High School. She plays Varsity Field Hockey, so it's running back and forth to the school for practices, games, etc. Not to mention that she also plays in the Pep Band and is in the Jazz Choir, which is more running to school. UGH!!

DH is wonderful. He is so very supportive...He's not my kids' dad, but is very much a part of their lives, and helps out whenever he can. I am so blessed to have a man love me so unconditionally!

Mom and Dad are here for a visit...well, my sister is having her second ovary removed tomorrow. I guess it's full of cysts and nto functioning properly. She had a hyst several years ago, and one ovary was left. I don't really know the whole story..we don't talk as much as we'd like to, her two kids are in 7th and 10th grades. It's sad, since we live in the same town.

So that's me for now. And until July. When highschool, college, and school is finished for the summer. I have planned a cruise to Nova Scotia for August with DH and another couple. We leave from NYC for 5 nights, cannot wait! I have my sights on the cruise for now to get me through grad school!

Anyway, gotta go...time to leave for work!

Love you ladies...stay in touch!

HUGS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register