Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 83 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
In Touch

I am glad you ladies have written. I check my email everyday, and sometime post on the new posts sites, but I don't take the time to jot a line anymore. My bad.

Audrey, your life sounds very full. You must be a cool lady to have so much and so many in your life. My son also majored in Music Ed. He has taught high school band for the last 3 years. He loves it and the students but the parents are a sore trial to him. I tell him, he may feel different when he becomes a parent himself. Not that I am hinting or anything....

Happycook, you have been very busy. I haven't thrown a party in such a long time. I remember how much fun it is and how exhausting. A cooking class would be a blast. I am not much of a cook. My mom was fabulous, but she hated to bake. So she trained me to bake, not cook.

I have been subbing a bunch. This week, though, nothing. I called the sub caller last week and told her I was going to be gone the first part of the week, she must have just crossed me out for the whole week.

I went with my DH to Colorado, Sunday. He had a meeting in Denver and I didn't have any jobs scheduled, my kids are all out of the nest, so I hopped in the truck with him. We got to visit with our future daughter in love. We went out for dinner. The next morning she came by the hotel and took me shopping. She is so much fun to be with. DS really choose wisely. I felt honored that she even wanted to hang out with this middle aged ole' coot.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone. Tootles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey ya'll

I'm not so happygolucky and haven't really been much so since my TAVH July 17th. I get tired and ill every afternoon. Folks tell me I have "attitude". Nothing seems to please me. I feel like crying but don't. I'm on a patch, wellbutrin, Zoloft - you'd think I'd be back to myself by now. I'm trying sooo hard to have patience w/ everybody and everything. I do feel better physically. I don't miss my monthly but my body must because I still have the PMS stuff. Co-workers are amazed that I'm not lifting and doing as much as before - boss had partial hysterectomy and was just fine, back to normal and at work in 2 weeks. Asked me what was the big deal? All the other ladies that have had this procedure didn't take as long to get over it why am I? I guess it really is a BIG difference in a partial and total. My doc says not to lift over 15 pounds or so for at least 6 months or even to 1 year. Coworkers laugh at me. Why is it so much harder for total hyster.'s? Will I EVER get my sex drive back????? My DH would be very happy about that! Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well.
Lynn
TAVH BSO everything out!
July 17, 2007
Unread 10-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm here!

Hey everyone,
I know I have been gone a long time, too. My boys (ages 8 and 5 ) keep me super busy, but that's no excuse for not keeping in touch. Homeschooling is going well. I had forgotten what it was like to try to teach a wiggly 5 year old to read!
Last week we took the week off and went to Disney World in Florida. My sweet hubby planned the trip close enough to my hyst. to give me something to look forward to, but far enough away for me to be recovered. We had a great time! Because of the threat of hurricanes, we didn't tell the boys, so they were totally surprised. Other than Maine, Disney World is my favorite place to vacation, so it was wonderful. I was completely whipped by the time we got back, but it was worth it. I spent a couple of days taking ibuprofen and resting on the sofa, but now I am back to normal.
I have felt really well for the last few weeks and finally feel like a regular person. My biggest complaint is the fact that I am so hot all of the time!! Everyone who knows me thinks this is so funny because I was always so cold before. I think my HRT needs to be adjusted. I have a follow-up appt. Oct. 31, so I'll see then.
Hope everyone is doing well. I think of all of you often. Thanks for all of the support and encouragement. It was a gift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi everybody!

My cooking class last night was great! They had pecan crusted pork tenderloin with blackberry sauce, Creamed Potatoes, Endive with lemon and apple tart. YUM!

Looking forward to babysitting GS tonight. He's four years old and such a joy.

Sounds like everybody has been really busy. OMG Bakz4 how do you fit all of that into one day. You must have enormous energy! You also sound like a fabulous teacher.

DS should be coming home from college for fall break in a week or so. It will be so good to see him again. He is such a fine young man and does so good in college.

I had the day off of work today so DM asked me to come over and help her switch her summer and winter clothes. It wasn't as bad as I thought. We got done in about an hour and a half. DM and DF are elderly. I feel lucky I still have both of them. They have been so good to me.

I came home and fixed lunch for DH and DD before they headed off to work. Haven't done much since though.

Happycook
Unread 10-14-2007, 08:32 AM

Hi all! Everything is going reasonably well for me. Internally, everything seems to be going well. I just can't live without my metamucil anymore! Miserable without it. I wonder if my intestines are still in "shock" even this long after hyster. Apparently the endo had to be scraped from them. If I were an intestine, I just might revolt for the rest of my existence!!!!

Happycook: Glad to hear that someone else is being accused of having "attitude". If they all would just act right, we wouldn't have a problem, now would would we? I swear to god, nobody understands like you guys!

I'm still fatigued too. I'm having some thyroid bloodwork done on Tuesday. It's probably ok, but I've been through some other pretty heavy duty med issues besides the hyster in the past 5 years. From some things I've been told and read, that much stress on the system can effect thyroid function (which apparently is regulates 90 kajillion things besides metabolism). Also going for my 2nd ever mammogram end of this month. Jeez, I may as well have my teeth checked too

So far as the sex drive, I feel like I'm 16yo again. This is fabulous!!!! I am thinking that my hormones were REALLY off prior to this surgery. I love my vivelle dot patch. Sex drive sky high, my skin seems to be more glowy, hair and nails are healthy again. NO HOT FLASHES!!! I was considering trying meno w/o hormones. But now, so many problems have been fixed, I think I'll just take them til I die! I forgot how much I love "relations"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best rest of the weekend wishes to all! I'll post later next week.

Krista
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:21 AM
Life Plays Tricks on the Mind

Nope! I do not believe that the older you get the more your mind fails. The older I get, the more life happens that makes me think that my mind is failing.

After a very restless night due to nerves about today, I got up an hour before I usually do and got ready for the day. I had been scheduled to sub at an elementary, spec. ed. classroom.
I have not subbed in elementary for 10 years, so I was pretty stressed about the day. On top of it, I turned down other jobs and a much needed hair appt. because of this scheduled job. They scheduled me a month ago. I spent time last night scrambling through my old preschool teacher supplies to prepare my sub bag with age appropriate toys and books to bring today. When I arrived and introduced myself to the school secretary, she seemed shocked. When she checked her schedule, she told me she didn't have me scheduled! Yikes! With as much dignity as I could muster, I confirmed my other scheduled dates with her and left.

Nope! I do not believe I am losing my mind, but my confidence is starting to waver....Barnie
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Snapping

Hey guys,
Is anyone else out there snapping at people? I feel sorry for my husband and my boys because it seems like everything they do makes me crazy!! And, I am so HOT all the time! I am taking HRT, but apparently it is not doing all it is supposed to do. I am taking Enjuvia .425, which is not much. I called the doc today and she told me to come in tomorrow and she would tweak my meds. I hope it works.

On the plus side, my stomach doesn't hurt anymore and is nice and flat instead of big and poufy. I guess there was a good reason for this surgery after all!! I'm glad everyone is doing well and returning to normal life. Love to all,

Karen
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:07 PM

one word...estratest
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:44 PM

I'm not snapping at people, but I am unusually anxious. :wow:I have flutterbees in my tummy, like I am dreading something or nervous like the first day on a job or school flutterbees. I wake up in the night feeling these squiggly little bees then I get a hot flash. During the day I am too busy to pay much attention to them, but I am aware they are there. My neighbor complained today about how cool my house is. I must have gotten used to it to manage the times I feel hot. These are minor discomforts when compared to how I felt before the surgery, so I'm going to give it a while longer to see if they settle down.

Karen, I am jealous of your flatten tummy. As I maneuver around my fluffy yet fidgety belly to reach the keyboard, a powerful envy consumes me and makes me just want to snap at someone.

Seriously, if you need to vent, jot a line here. We will all commiserate with you and maybe get a little chuckle out of it. ............barnie
Unread 10-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Wigging out!

Hey,
Thanks for the encouragement (hence the name, Barnie ). It is hard to explain how I am feeling, but since you are all in the same boat, maybe you will understand. There are times when I am just mad at everyone, even if noone has done anything wrong. Sometimes I just want to cry my eyes out. There are times when all of the noise of everyday life makes me just want to scream, it's like my ears are more sensitive or something. And, over all of that, is an almost overwhelming urge to run away and be by myself for a while. I told my husband that I have thought that maybe I should not be homeschooling, but if the boys were at school, I would just sit at home and cry because I missed them. My moods change so frequently, it is freaky .
I went to the doctor's office today to get some samples of Enjuvia .625. This is a slight increase over what I have been taking, so I hope it helps. I wish I could go somewhere for the next week or so until I know if it is working. I don't feel like I am fit to be around. My sweet husband says that's not true, but I don't know if my kids would agree.
WHEW!! Thanks for letting me get that out of my system. If anyone has any suggestions for coping, I am all ears. Thanks, sisters, you are such a blessing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register