Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 85 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 10-26-2007, 08:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hopefully, last update.

Blood test shows it's Lyme disase. Thankfully, it also shows 'early detection' so YAY for that! Also, rash is an allergic reaction to the meds I was on for colitis. YAY for that too...

So there you have it. High fever, severe headaches, joint stiffness, rash, and four days of missed work all rolled up into two pretty simple and easily curable conditions.

Thanks for the prayers, kind words, and support. Don't know what I'd do without my "Sisters".

God Bless each and every one of you. Now, it's time for bed for this one! Good night, ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2007, 09:44 PM

I would have added more, but this site only allows so many celebratory demonstrations. Yay Audrey. Get better soon. We need you...barnie
Unread 10-27-2007, 05:50 PM

Thank goodness Audrey you are ok Our prayers have been answered. Hope you recover really soon.

HappyCook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2007, 05:53 PM

Thank you BOTH for your prayers! MANY prayers have been answered! I feel so very blessed! Please keep 'em going though, the liver enzymes are a bit elevated, so the doctor is running another blood test on Monday, after being on the antibiotic for a frew days to see if it comes down. I will keep you posted!

Love, Audrey
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:33 AM
Question - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Another Update

Ready for more drama?

A call from the rheumatologist yesterday revealed that the antibodies for strep are VERY high - she said the number should be less than 85, mine is 960!!! OUCH!

She also said that I may have the mono virus, which could be the cause for the liver enzymes being so high. She doesn't believe I have Lyme Disease, but my doctor isn't convinced. We live in an area where Lyme is very prevalent, deer population is enormous, and with all we know about Lyme, it can mimic so many things, yet blood tests can show false positives and false negatives! It's really a bizarre disease.

Anyway, here I sit. Ready to pull out all of my hair. And just functioning day-to-day! The list of things to do piles high...lesson plans, articles to read, and summarize, clothes to wash, bathroom to clean, kitchen to clean, vaccuming, beds to change, grocery shopping, plus I need to put my summer clothes away and get the fall/winter wardrobe out, and still no time! ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!

I know, I know, one day at a time. In July, I'll have my life back. I'll be one year post op, I'll be finished with grad school, and hopefully, I'll be able to have a restful summer. I want to go to Florida to visit my best friend who moved away, and my hubby and I are going on a cruise to Nova Scotia for 5 days!! There's my silver lining!!

OK< enough from me. Healing prayers are appreciated. Also prayers for SANITY! I really feel like the hamster on the spinning wheel with no real resolve here. I know I can count on you all for love, support, and prayers!

God Bless you! Have a great day, and a great week!

Love, Audrey
Unread 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM
Praying for you

Oh Audrey!! I am so sorry you are going through so much. Here's your hug, I'm just sorry I can't deliver it in person. I will be praying for you. Not just that you feel better soon, but that the doctors will be able to figure it out and get you the right meds. I will also offer prayers for your sanity, if you will do the same for me. I told my doctor this week that I think my brain left with my ovaries!! Oh well, this, too, shall pass. Keep on keepin on, sister!
Unread 11-03-2007, 08:35 PM

I wish you were not so far away. I would come and do some of the housekeeping for you, so you could concentrate on the stuff only you can do. How about hiring Merry Maids for a month or so just to get caught up. You could call that an early Christmas present to yourself. \

You are right. I include you and the other sisters in my prayers quite often, but it is good to be reminded and informed of the specifics.

I am grateful for all of you.
Unread 11-04-2007, 08:52 AM

Audrey, I'm so worried about you....I too will keep you in my prayers. Barnie had a great idea for the Merry Maids. I know that when my house is not in order, it seems to just double the stress and depression I'm already feeling. One other suggestion that you might want the drs. to check is the possibility for a MRSA infection. The high strep number in conjunction with all of the surgery you've had is what brought this to mind. Usually it's only contracted from the hospital, but here in Washington we have started to notice close to epidemic outbreaks in the community recently. It seems to be hitting alot of students out here, and the CDC is really concerned about the rapid spread of the disease. If it's caught early it's no biggie, but if it's left alone, well.....please, please, have one of the Drs. consider this possibilty....

As for me, all is well. Blood test came back just fine. I have noticed though that when I don't change my estrogen patch on time the energy level really worsens. I'm going to make a point of following the dosing directions and see if this helps with the fatigue. If not, maybe it really is just normal recovery symptoms.

Audrey, I feel like a complete whiner compared to your trials and tribulations!!!

Keep us posted. Until then lots of love and happy wishes.

Krista
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:20 AM

Krista, Barnie, and Karen...

Thank you all! I am so very blessed through this website and through you all! Krista, thanks for the advice about MRSA. Hearing so much about it lately scares the bejeebees out of me!! Barnie, I love the idea of Merry Maids. I don't think we have them in this area, but it is worth looking into. I go to the doctor on Tuesday for a follow up, and to the dermatologist to have the biospy stitches removed on Thursday. Also, there will be a sonogram of the spleen and an EKG in my near future too. UGH! Oh well. In talking to some friends at church this morning, they are all conviced it's the lyme disease...so many people out here have had it and it is so true how it mimics so many things, and gives both false positives and false negatives.

As I said in Bible Study this morning...God is allowing this to happen to me in order to make me stronger...but for what? I have no idea! I sure hope it's good though! Between teaching two grade levels, two nights of grad school, lesson planning, homework, and just being wife/mom--I am WIPED out! Well, things can only get better, right? LOL

OK, well, just home from church, time for lunch. Thanks for your responses! I love you and always look forward to your kind words, advice and cyberhugs! Have a blessed day -- hope it's as beautiful by you as it is here! God Bless!
Unread 11-10-2007, 06:02 PM

How is everyone??? Love to hear from you all soon!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register