Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 86 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 11-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Talking - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hi

HEY Presouz!

It's been a while since we' ve heard from you! How are you? I know that you must have been reading about me, so no sense repeating it, I'm doing MUCH better. I just found out from the dermatologist on Thursday that the skin rashes were from 'an allergic reaction'...haha, we already figured that out!!!

What's new with you? How are things? Are you feeling ok? How is the family? I'm very excited because my son will be home on Friday for Thanksgiving ...his college gives him the whole week off. He's about 10 hours away, so we don't see each other often. We'll be going north to New Hampshire to spend Thanksgiving with my parents, so it'll be nice to not only see and spend time with him, but to also get away.

I just found out that my practicum for my master's program is going to be 15 weeks on Saturdays from 9-12 (not including the half hour drive each way) beginning on January 5. It really stinks because it's going to take so much away from what I already spend my Saturdays doing (lesson planning). So, I don't know what I'm going to do next semester; between lesson planning and homework for the two classes nothing is getting done at home. Things are so much worse since I've been sick!...I think I'm gonna have to give up going to church-at least a couple of Sundays a month. I have no 'me' time, and with this illness I've had, it's gonna be even tougher!!!

Ok, well, too much about me. Sorry. I feel like all I do lately is gripe! It's been a big lesson to me lately because in my 2nd/3rd grade classes we have been talking about how the Israelites 'griped' when they didn't get their way when they were in the desert for 40 years! So, as I 'teach' my class about grumbling and complaining, it keeps smacking me in the head!!!

SO. Enough from me for now! Again good to hear from you, tell us what you've been up to.

Love, Audrey!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-11-2007, 07:38 AM
How are you?

Hi Ladies!

I guess we are all back to busy lives, but I love to see this site pop up on my email.

Audrey, I have been praying for you. Sounds like you are better. Don't give up worship. Matt. 6:33 tell us to, "Seek first the gospel of God and all these things will be added unto you." God knows you are overwhelmed. He will provide a way for you, don't give up on Him. Sounds like your trip to New Hampshire may be the break you need. You will be out of your house, so no housekeeping worries nagging you. You will be with love ones who will, hopefully take care of you. You also may get time to do a little pre-lesson plans or pre-homework out of the way. Or just forget it all and just relax.

Presouz, good to hear from you. Are you feeling okay?

I think I am about 90% back. My energy still crashes, but it hangs in there much longer. My intestinal problems are the only things that keeps my from saying I am all the way back. I still think I am much better than I was 6 months ago due to the anemia, discomfort and awkwardness before the procedure.

Friday and Saturday, my DH and I raked our little 1/2 acre. :leaves: Today, I am bringing a meal to a young mom who just had her gall bladder removed. It is nice to "pay it forward."

Here's to all the veterans out there and to the soldiers still in serving our country and us.

I am subbing, babysitting a neighbors toddler and working on a "homemade Christmas." During my recovery I knitted 9 pairs of felted slippers. I want to make pj bottoms to go with them. I am working on some sketches for my son and his fiancee.

I am so grateful to you all. Audrey, don't worry about complaining, that's what this site is for. We vent here, encourage there. You gals are my dear, unmet, friends! Enjoy your week.....barnie :woot:
Unread 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hi everybody!

It's good to hear from all of you. It sounds like everybody has been busy. So glad you are feeling better Audrey. Don't feel too overwhelmed. I'm sure everything will work out ok.

I'm looking forward also to see DS when he comes home from college for Thanksgiving break. We are all going to oldest DD house for Thanksgiving.

Anybody having trouble with their memory. Gosh, mine feels like it is shot. I have been making some really stupid mistakes at work because of it. I even heard somebody comment it was probably due to my hysterectomy. It probably is but is sure is embarrassing. It doesn't seem like I am sleeping very well either.

Guess I'll go for now. Everyone have a nice Thanksgiving!!

HappyCook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Good to hear that others are making progress too. It is now 4 months and although I still get tired at the end of the day, the periods of real low energy are not coming as often and I recover from them faster.

I still get little "pokes" or pin jabs and am sensitive on my tummy. (no pantyhose and I wear pants a size bigger with suspenders... really! LOL! no one can tell but I am much more comfortable!) But that is getting better too.

I have learned from this site that I need to be patient, pace myself and rest when I can.

Thinking of all of you and wishing you well,
Fredy
Unread 11-16-2007, 08:16 AM

Perfectly said Fredy!! Be patient!!! Yes Barnabusa for the first time in 4 months I am able to get out of bed without any pain, or very little pain, my 2 month old problem knee is finally getting better!! HappyCook oh yeah my memory is lacking big time, so happy you get to see your DS for the holiday. BAKZ4 we are here for ya!! you gripe all you want!!! It is good to see all of you!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Unread 11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi everybody!

I had such a good day today. It's my birthday and everybody at work chipped in for pizza. My husband even showed up today at work with cake and ice cream! That was such a nice surprise and everybody really enjoyed it.

Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving. I know I have a lot of things to be thankful for. A wonderful husband, kids and grandchildren. I have a wonderful boss and coworkers. I am truly blessed. (I also don't have to worry about those horrible periods anymore That is really a blessing)

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

HappyCook
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:11 PM

to you...

to you...

dear HappyCook!!!

to you!!

You are so correct, we ALL have so many things to be thankful for. Not having painful, overflowing periods is one of the biggest, but of course I believe God gives us situations to build us and make us stronger.

Another thing I am thankful for is all of you! Whether it is to shout for joy or cry tears of sadness, you all are here anytime of the day or night. What a blessing!

Anyway, everyone have a wonderful holiday. Don't eat too much. Enjoy your time with your families...they are the true blessings!
Unread 11-20-2007, 01:49 PM

Hi Y'all. Long time, no write! I am thankful for lots of things and for lots of people. I am thankful that my hysterectomy is behind me and that Hystersisters saw me through. I am thankful that my boyfrind is now my fiancee (sp?) and that he loves me even without a uterus.

My body is continuing to change because of my surgery, everything is not picture perfect because of some scar tissue (granulation?) and a few UTI's but I am drinking more cranberry juice and have my specially-made homone creme for "down there" to be thankful for.

I hope you are all well and painfree!
Unread 11-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Thumbs up - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Thanksgiving and we

Well...hi there Cathy. Good to hear from you.

Because I was wanting to add my two cents, I wanted to say...
for health...no more awkward situations where I worried if my slacks were dark enough or my shirt was long enough to cover any "unsightly" episodes.
for family...DH was the epitome of a hero, DS DDL, DD, and oldest DS were unbelievably supportive and precious before and during recovery. My sis was a great source of info, strength and sympathy for me always.
for friends...those that live here who brought in meals, fun and laughter, even those who didn't exactly say the right things, still gives such a wonderful flavor to my life. Also for those who live far away, for phone calls and emails. Especially, you guys, but I'll mention you again later in your own category
for Gods constant presence in my life. His reminders that He is in control and He cares.
for Hystersisters... for you all of you. The sisters from the beginning, those who joined in during the recovery period and those who lurked in the corners then piped in with your wonderful insights and humor. Thank you for all of you.
:leaves: Happy Thanksgiving, dear ladies. Enjoy your families and friends. Remember, barnie love you and prays for you often.
Unread 11-21-2007, 06:25 AM

Cathy

It's been a while since we've heard from you... I know we are well into the school year, and that in itself keeps us busy...but you said "boyfriend, now finacee" ?? Well...

Just want to congratulate you : on your engagment! When did it happen? How did he propose? Do you have a date for the wedding?

I love to hear about engagement stories...Do tell if you are so inclined!

On a personal note, I too suffered from UTI's, and more recently have been so sick most likely because I was on so many antibiotics from the UTI's that they 'killed off' the good bacteria and left me open for other infections...mono, strep, colitis, and somehow early stages of Lyme disease... In any event, stay healthy, keep in touch, we miss you!

Congrats again!

Love All of your HysterSisters!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving...there are many things to be thankful for, huh???

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register