Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 89 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 12-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Merry Christmas

Audrey, you sweet lady, you are going to do it. ALL! Wow! You have my respect and good wishes. You are almost to the finished line. Way to go!

Did I tell you that I used to work in a Christian school? I used to live in Houston where I worked as a preschool teacher in a Christian Elementary School. One of my favorite jobs. The only thing that kept it from being my top favorite was the extremely low pay. Great atmosphere, hours, co-workers, students and yes, even great parents.

I am bad about getting on this but as soon as it pops up on my email alert a knock the hubby outta the desk chair so I can read the newest entry.

DD just came home Thursday evening. She has a 12 hour drive through Nebraska and Wyoming on some nasty winter roads all by herself. :steer: I am a nervous wreck until she gets to her destination. She had a scare last month. She is only 18, but had a lump on her breast. Poor thing, she has only had boobies for 3 years and already they caused her alarm. After a ultra sound and biopsy it was diagnosed as Fibroid Adenoma.

DS will come home next Saturday. While the other married DS will travel to his wife"s parent's home in Texas.

I want to take this time to wish you all a Merry Christmas. I am so grateful to God for you all. You have gotten me through some tough times with your kind thoughts, shared experiences and great humor. So many of you seem like my BFFs even though we haven't met in person. I feel so very close to you all and think of you often. Have a healthy and happy and well just down right blessed 2008... barnie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

You're right, Barnie...Everything about my job is wonderful...my co-workers, the children, parents, hours, even prayer to begin every day with the staff before the kids walk in the door! But, yeah, the pay is awful! Even with my impending Master's Degree, I'm barely making over $20,000 a year! BUT, the Lord has provided this job for me (if I gave the full-and terribly long-story, I'd have you all with chill bumps running up and down your arms and spine) and I will continue to work there in His name until He calls me to do something else.

And yes, I too, am ever so grateful for all of you who read, repsond, or just pass through this forum...it is always a blessing to me to be able to unload, gripe, or share whatever is going on. I would love for us all to get together to give big hugs and share tears...but for now, this is absolutely wonderful!

Blessings to you all!

And Peace in '08~
Unread 12-20-2007, 10:29 PM
T'was the weekend before...

T'was the weekend before Xmas, And all through the place
We are all in denial, That time is the race.

Company is coming, Oh, they're just passing thru
Leaving a boat load of laundry, And dishes to do.

Then the following day, A party to host.
A Murder Mystery Dinner...Guess who is the ghost.
*partysign
My son is missing His bride to be.
She's staying with her kin, Instead of with he.

DD is home But her mind is at school.
Instant message is smokin': Her folks just ain't cool.

Wait! We have worship on Sunday, Bible classes of youth.
Did I plan enough presents? Oh I'm long in the tooth.

We have presents to wrap.Mittens to stitch.
Gifts to buy And I'm starting to twitch.
:xmas2:
Though I am stressed, I'm really not frantic.
The estrogen patch Keeps me from panic.

What doesn't get done Will wait on the shelf.
Perhaps Santa will notice And loan us his elf.

I wish you, my sisters, a season of cheer.
If you need to vent, remember I'm here.

Merry Christmas!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 09:32 AM

Hello All,

Sounds like everyone is super super busy!!!!!

I am also. I still haven't finished the Christmas Shopping Will have to go today and get some done. Guess I'll drag the DH with me and let him join in on the fun!! We did go
to Nashville last weekend and saw the Rockettes and went to Grand Ole Opry. It was really great!

DS home from college. We don't see a lot of him. He's always out with his GF but I'm glad we at least get to see him briefly when he comes at night.

I am so greatful for all of you. You have been such a support these past months and I am so thankful for all of you. I hope you all have a very blessed Christmas and New Year. I hope you all have a wonderful visit with your family.

Merry Christmas,

HappyCook
Unread 12-26-2007, 11:13 AM

Well,

I guess we all survived! It was an absolutely wonderful holiday, with family and friends...I just love Christmas when I can really enjoy it!

We are going to continue to be busy: tomorrow pre-surgical interview at the hopsital for DS hernia surgery on Friday; co-worker's daughter's wedding on Saturday...(need to shop for something to wear...I have put on so much freakin weight in the past couple of weeks); and then New Year's party at same co-worker's house.

Anyway...I pray for everyone who reads these posts...for good health, happiness, and peace. God Bless you.

Audrey
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:38 PM

Happy New Year!!!

It's been a while since I posted. I have been busy with the holidays, work and family. I have enjoyed DS home and will be sad when he leaves next week.

It has been really hectic at work lately. That along with the very cold weather here, it seems all I want to do is come home from work and flop on the sofa. I have of course been cooking some and that is an enjoyment for me. I just have to make sure I don't eat too much. I managed to lose all the weight I needed to and I want to keep it off!!!

I guess all you teachers are starting back to school for the second semester. Gee it seems like school just started and here it is half way over. DD will graduate high school in spring and DS will graduate college in spring then start on his masters in the fall. Where in the world does time go?

Well, guess I'll go for now and get some sleep. Good Night!

HappyCook
Unread 01-03-2008, 07:31 PM

Miss Happy Cook...so good to hear from you...for some reason, I didn't get a message that said you had posted...I logged on to update about my DS...

BUT!!! First of all...Happy New Year to my Dear HysterSisters! May this year bring lots of love, health and happiness to each and every one of you!

Well, DS had his surgery the Friday after Christmas. He had a double hernia, which was taken care of laparoscopically. He was home the same day and will go tomorrow for his one week post-op check up. He seems to be doing pretty well so far. Sore, but hey, we all know how that goes, don't we?? Hehe, he tried to pull some "whining" on me, but after I showed him the 5 small scars (3 laparscopic, 1 JP, and 1 from the bladder drain) and 1 HUGE one from my summer surgeries, he quickly shut up and allowed me to 'understand' how difficult it is to move around and to get up...men are so funny at times...

I'm fortunate...DS's college break is until the 25th of January. He is planning to do some observation work either next week or the week after...he's a music education major who must observe music classes at all levels prior to his junior year. He has to complete 40 hours at each level (elementary, middle, high school, and one district that has been identified as 'high-needs' by New York State). He has auditions when he returns. He's hoping to make it into the "Wind Ensemble" - the group is touring in China this spring and he desperately wants to go...

Now me...My last FULL semester of college starts on Saturday. I am doing my practicum work every Saturday from now til the middle of May (God help me!)...I am also taking another class during the week. Graduation is only 7 months away!!! Cannot wait!!!

Yes, Miss Cook, school has begun again for all of us teachers and students. For my school, we we went back on the 2nd of January. No rest for this break for me. I was on the go constantly. I feel like going back to work is the break! My school works on 'quarters' - 4 10-week marking periods. Our second quarter ends on the 21st of January. Hard to believe.

So that's it for now, my friends. I am tired. Even though it's only 9:15, I feel like I've been up all night. So, before I end up sick again, I'm going to bed. Hope to hear about your holidays...good, bad, or otherwise.

Love, Audrey
Unread 01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Hey does anyone else still have occasional soreness in the abdomen? When I sneeze or cough or when I am unusually active, my tummy is just as tender as it was 6 weeks after the surgery. ???? My digestive system is still very iffy.

Anyone else notice these changes?

barnie
Unread 01-09-2008, 03:10 PM

YES!!! I thought it was me! I thought it was because I'm so sorely (no pun intended) out of shape...I've noticed that, also, my lower right groin area is tender. Especially noticable if I cough, or sneeze...

But, yes, my belly "pouch" is quite tender, and yet, I feel like I just can't describe it...

Digestively (is that a word?) I'm ok...eating way too much, and passing it just fine.

Are we still healing? After all this time? I mean, it's nearly 5 months. I don't remember this after my c-section...and I have the SAME incision for this surgery...weird.

Audrey
Unread 01-09-2008, 04:18 PM

Barnabusa, yeah I have it at times too, not sure why, I still feel some sharp pains here and there too. Odd no? I guess it just a part of life and growing older? I didnt notice it pre 2000 before my peri meni started.. I think my per meni actually was my downfall for my divorce too.. sad really wish I knew then I know now.. oh well water under the bridge.. Happy and Healthy is what I am I am I am.. positve thinking!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register