Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 92 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 02-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Audrey,
Thanks for your kind words. I tell you, this site rocks! (that's hip talk for praise to an exceedingly superb internet site)

I really miss him, but now when I think on things, I realize how unwell he had been. Dogs are remarkable creatures. We can all learn some important human traits from them. Like not complaining, be happy when a loved one walks through the door even though he just ran out to get the newspaper. Enjoy walks, no matter what the weather. Play ball and sleep as often as you can.

Guess what, my sister's! I get to fly to Houston Monday, hang out with some old friends then drive, with my DH, to Dallas to a resort there and chill! He has to take classes and present some sessions. I have to read books, knit ,swim, take long walks and wag my tail when he walks in through the door. Hee Hee.

I will tell you all about it when we return....Happy Trails....barn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Barnabus You Go Girl!!! Have an awesome time my friend!! I will be thinking of you as always!! You so deserve this! I cant wait to hear from you when you get home! God Bless You My Friend!!Hugs and kisses to you!! Just think when you are in Houston, where my granddaughters live, you will only be about 10 hours away from where I live!! Have a great time!! Talk to you soon!
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:11 PM

Oh WOW Barnie, That vacation sounds great You have a great time I want to hear all about it when you get home!!!!

Hope everyone else is well. We had another ice storm here ( The second in two weeks) I can't wait until spring. Oh well, you are right Barn, appreciate what we have.
I'll try to look at the glass half full and not half empty. I'm lucky to have a warm house when it is so cold and nasty outside!

Have a great weekend everybody!

HappyCook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:18 PM

WOW, barnie, great for you-get-away-time! You so deserve it!! As much as I want to be jealous, I know that my time is coming. As of today, I have 134 days until my last graduate school class this summer!! YAY! And then it'll be about 3 weeks until DH and I go on a cruise to Nova Scotia!! I am not only going to celebrate the end of Grad school and my Master's Degree, BUT celebrate my "Hyster-versary" - one year since I gave up my parts for a better life!

Speaking of a better life...I have been feeling better. Finally over the bronchitis, back on track with the depression meds, and feeling like myself. Even having a better time with my class...which is amazing! These two classes I'm taking this semester are actually enjoyable. I have to tutor one student each week for two hours, and the other is learning how to develop and run professional development workshops! In about three weeks I'll be doing one for the teachers at my little school...it's a bit nerve wracking, but I'm up for the challenge.

OK, enough rambling, I need to eat dinner, and do some homework...oh it sounds so horrible! Ahhh, BUT after July 9, I won't have to say that anymore!

Toodles, ladies...
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm Ba-a-a-a-ack

yep..Jack Nicholson and I have this one thing in common.

Texas was fantastic! I never got my swimming suit wet, though because the weather was just too cool and all the places we stayed had outdoor pools.

I got to meet up with some former co-workers from the Christian Preschool, then go out for coffee with my co-teacher. It was as if we had never been away from each other.

Dallas was a great adventure! We stayed at the Fairmont. An upscale hotel in the middle of downtown. I wandered the skyscraper canyons during the day and read by the fountains. The hotel sported a rooftop pool and gardens. I braved the breeze and sketched while sitting around the pool. I had to quit to avoid the white-coated men with nets. I was way out of my element there among the business suits and three inch heeled shoes, but I didn't care. I was on an adventure and stuffy dress up wasn't part of the program.

We went to the Sixth Street Museum, where Lee Harvey Oswald stood in that book depository and created a very sad history. We went to a Medieval Times Dinner Castle and had a blast! I can recommend both of these places to anyone. The museum was awe inspiring. The castle was pure mindless fun.

Saturday through Wednesday morning, we stayed at the Gaylord Ranch Resort. This self-contained miniature state of Texas was terrific. If you can imagine a glass roofed enclosed stadium, with three side of the stadium a five star seven floor hotel and the fourth side an enormous convention center with two plus ball rooms, you may under stand the convenience of this resort. It is located on Grapevine Lake. Golf courses outside the complex, and beautifully designed gardens that include river walks, restaurants and shops are in the center of the stadium.

It is a 'must get my company to host a convention here, cuz there aint enough in my personal budget' kind of place.

Good to be home in snowy Wyoming, but I am very grateful for the adventures and experiences of the last ten days.

Hope you are all well. Thanks for celebrating with me..barnie
Unread 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM

Well, Barnie, sounds like you had a WONDERFUL, well deserved vacation! Yay for you! I'm still looking forward to my cruise this summer, when graduate school is over!

Anyway, just wanted to wish you all a Happy St. Patrick's Day...not that I have even an ounce of Irish blood in me...it's fun to pretend for the day anyway.

I'd like to report something fun for a change, but sadly, I can't! Same dull, boring life of a teacher/grad student! My DD just left yesterday for a trip to Orlando to perform with the high school band at Epcot...they'll be gone for almost a week. DS comes home next Saturday for Spring Break...can't wait.

OH, I guess I do have a little something exciting...my DD was accepted to attend a missions trip to Peru this summer! I think I'm excited for her, but so stinkin' scared. She has one lady from our church going with her, but she will have to leave three days before my daughter. DD will fly to Miami on her own from Long Island to meet up with over 700 high school students to go to Peru for 2 weeks. She is taking this all on her own, and wants so badly to do it. We have begun trying to raise funds at church since the cost is about $3000 for each of them! I trust God will provide for them since we certainly don't have the funds to pay for their trip! Anyway, please keep her in your prayers! I'll keep you posted!

Well I need to get back to lesson planning, then home to cook dinner, and prepare for Palm Sunday tomorrow...(can you believe EASTER is next week?)...our church does confirmation on Palm Sunday, so I need to pick up a couple of cards and gifts for the kids.

Take care, Happy St Pat's Day/Easter to those who celebrate!

God Bless!
Love,
Audrey
Unread 03-17-2008, 01:59 PM

Hi All! Happy St. Patricks Day.

Oh my gosh barnie, it sounds like you have a wonderful time! What an experience and I am so glad you were able to go. Audrey, hang in there girl, your day is coming. It will be here before you know it.

I, too, wish I had something fun and exciting to report in my life but same old, same old here. DS was home for spring break last week and I enjoyed seeing him again. I'm not sure if he'll be back for Easter or not. Youngest DD has some type of virus. She is miserable and is making the rest of us miserable too with all her complaining and whining!! She's 18 but when she gets sick she acts like she is 3 or 4. I'm hoping for a quick recovery for her (and for my sanity).

I've not been feeling very good lately. I kind of feel like I used to feel before the surgery. Fatigue, short of breath etc. DH says I look kind of pale with dark circles around my eyes. I'm going to go back on iron and see if anything improves. If not, I guess it is back to the doctor I go.

I'm excited because my favorite TV show starts up again tonight! Dancing with the Stars!!!! I don't know why I get into that show so much. Guess DH is going to have to go through another round of "Why can't we take dancing lessons?"

I'm looking forward to Easter this weekend. Kids and Grandkids come over for a meal. We have a Easter Egg Hunt for the grandkids. That's always fun. I hope it warms up a bit though. It's pretty chilly out today. I am so looking forward to warm weather.

Happy Easter to all!!

HappyCook
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Easter Bonnet

Happycook, you actually do have lots of excitement in your life. You have grandkids! You lucky lady!! I am afflicted with such a terrible case of "Granny Lust". Oh I will make such a great grandma, if they will just hurry up and make me one while I have the health and attitude to be one. And...you still have a DD at home to keep you on your toes as well to give you a reason to look forward to empty nest syndrome days. Ha

My younger son was my complainer. He would get a splinter and you would think his whole arm would need to be amputated! I'm really looking forward to his offspring!! I have been practicing my chuckle for years now.

My DD is home this week for Spring Break.
She brought her latest love with her. Nice enough boy, but not sure if I need to impress him or depress him, if you get my meaning. I will just make him welcome in the meantime. We wouldn't want to overlook the shear courage it took him to travel across two states to stay with people he never met for a full week.

I hope you get to feeling better. Do you think you are anemic? I finally have straightened my tummy problems out, somewhat. I was down to just rice and chicken broth for a few days and still having problems. Dreading a trip to a doctor, I gladly took someone's suggestion of that yogurt that has the enzyme in it that is suppose to help with digestion. I was told to try it for 4 days, if it didn't help improve the situation, then I had better get a doc. Well it helped. I have been on it for about a month now and I am much improved. I still wisely avoid other dairy products and certain foods, but I can safely go to work and not worry if I will be close to a bathroom now. :woot:

Audrey, What a wonderful "dull" life you have. Lands girl! A daughter with a wonderful sense of service that would lead her to Peru for a mission trip! You must totally rock as a parent, lady. As a teacher, you have instilled that gift into your children by your example. Your posts are full of your joy as a teacher/student. The fact that you love what you do comes through with every message. I don't blame you for looking forward to your cruise. That would be a great goal to reward months of hard work and self sacrifice.

I remember the last few weeks of school. Winding down they called it. Snort! Wound up was more like it. Spring programs, parent teacher conferences, graduation or promotion expectations, end of the year parties, scrapbooking, final grades, testing, state standard tests, committee meetings, assignments...oooooh. Bakz4! More like Bak 4 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's . You as well as your daughter will be mentioned to God during these next two months. Hang in there, Audrey. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Happy Paddy's Day and Happy Easter to every body!
Unread 03-22-2008, 05:08 PM

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all a Blessed Easter!

DS is home for Spring Break , DD made it in from her band trip to Disney (after getting stuck on a broken down bus in North Carolina for 7 hours) ...it feels so good to have the family complete. Got a taste of "empty nest" when DD was gone for the week. It was awfully strange. Hubby and I got to "know" each other again ...I feel the cruise will be just what our relationship needs!

Anyway, May God bless you with His enduring love! Find peace in the ressurection knowing that He gave His life for you! What a wonderful gift!

Happy Easter, my Sisters! Hope your holiday is full of wonderful blessings!

Love,
Audrey
Unread 04-06-2008, 08:28 PM
long time since posts

Hi everyone. Does it seem like we are visiting this site less and less. Tonight I even had to log in to get in here. It has been too long I guess.

Well, in case they close this site, just let me say once more how much I appreciated this place and these people to come to. The recovery was such an ordeal. It was made bearable, even fun at times, because of you all. Since then, I feel that we have become friends. I have talked about you to God, family, doctors and friends.

We have been through ups and downs together. We went through those time with others, but sharing them with you was more encouraging because you understand the underlying reason why these times were sharper, brighter more complex because of what our bodies are going through at the same time.

Thank you all, again. I hope we can continue to stay in touch. I want to hear about Audrey's cruise, Happycook's grandkids and if your health has improved. Where's Jesusfreak? Are you okay? There were so many of us. Has everybody moved on? I'm thinking I must be the pitiful one that is just hanging on. NOPE! I'm going to call it LOYAL

Enjoy your week everyone. Remember, someone in Wyoming is thinking of you and wishing good things for you all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register