Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 94 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 04-30-2008, 11:17 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Im here checking in time to time month end sales kept me off for a bit. How is everyone? I have healed pretty good, dealing with ups and downs, my thyroid needs a needle biopsy that has me worried... its twice the size it is suppose to be and I am WAY low on my vitamin D.. and both blood cell counts are high, not sure what this all means, I will find out soon I HOPE!
Ok getting late, need to go ni ni.. talk to you all tomorrow!! HUGS Presouz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 03:56 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am ashamed, it's been forever since I've been here. Hope everyone is doing good and feeling great!

Doing pretty good here and very thankful I had my TAH last July. Other than my low libido, I feel so much better!

Blessings to you all!
Unread 05-08-2008, 05:04 PM

Sameasy and Presouz - good hearing from you!

Presouz...sounds like life is keeping you busy. Same here. I'm at the tail of my my Master's Program. July 10 is the VERY LAST DAY! The spring semester ends next week, but summer session begins next week also. I also have 31 days of school left. Yeah, the countdown has begun. I had a rough class this year, and doesn't look much better for next except for the fact that I won't be in grad school.

My health, period-wise, has been fine. LOL of course, I don't have the parts! But I had a rough winter with all sorts of junk going on with my health. But I think I'm over it, and doing much better now. Can't believe almost a year has passed already!

Please keep us posted about your thyroid. I'll keep you in my prayers!!!

Sameasy...good to hear from you again! Some of us are going strong here, but it's so good to hear from old friends! Yeah, libido...what's that? Still not sure what's up with that. Grad school, teaching a multi-age class, homework, tutoring...UGH...that's like the LAST thing I wanna do...I just want to SLEEP!!!! Oh, well. DH and I have a cruise planned in August.. Hoping to get back some of what has been lost!

So, anyway...

HappyCook...how's the grandbaby? And your DD? I'm sure you're busy with them, but let us know! I wish I had your address to send a card! Know that I would if I could!

So, friends...summer is approaching. Can you believe that we are closing in on a year post-op? My goodness! Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Love, Meee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2008, 09:47 PM

Hi everybody!!

The grandbaby is doing well. We were kind of worried about him for a while. He lost weight and the doctor said DD should set alarm and feed at least every three hours. Well it worked!! He gained 4 ounces at the last weigh in. It has been a pretty busy time. DS graduated from college and we left for a couple of days. On the way there, I received a phone call for DD who was having a bad case of the baby blues But, she got over it and is feeling better now. I had to go back to work on Tuesday so DD and her boyfriend are busy with the baby. They seem to be doing really well. I am soooo thankful for that.

I did go to the doctor today after a lot of persuading by my fellow co-workers. I'm getting too thin. I've lost about 35 lbs since hysterectomy. It seems like I'm eating enough but I keep on losing. I think it is probably the stress of everything but everybody wanted me to go in just to be on the safe side. The doctor ordered blood work and said to try to eat more. I go back in a couple of weeks.

Hang in there Audrey, July 10 will be here soon!!
Welcome back Sameasy. It is good to hear from you again.

Guess I'll go for now. Have a good evening everyone

HappyCook
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
ole friends

Well hi there Kristy. Good to hear from you. Actually, ladies, my libido is just fine, my energy is what is lacking. I like the idea but ...

Anyway, Happycook, lady, I hope you have just found an effective weight-loss program. Keep us informed. You have had a verrrry stressful few months. Here's a hug Your grandson sounds so precious. I hope all is well with him.

Presouz, What is going on with your thyroid? I will pray for you

Audrey, your school seems to go longer than ours does. We only have until May 30. The school I work at is only a 4 day week. I love it. As a sub, I know my Fridays are my own. The staff have to work one Friday/month for inservice. Then they can volunteer for Friday School to help their student complete assignments or make up missing work.

July 10...COOL. When is your cruise? Are you still going?

Well, here's my news. My oldest DS is getting married July 18. Yeah! His lovely bride is a delight and a welcome addition to our family. I am planning a Harry Potter themed rehearsal dinner since they both are fans of the books. Last weekend I even purchased a suit of arms from a metal works roadside vendor. I named him Sir Cadogen after a character in the books. He guards the front entry porch area. I am looking forward to decorating him on holiday.
Frivolous and silly, yet he will really add to the festivities. Besides, sometimes ya just have to be weird.

Healthwise, I am fat. sigh... I have enjoyed great health this past winter. Only one cold and one tummy flu has invaded my person. Before the trip to the castle, I was a walking magnet for every germ. It is great to get my iron count back to normal. Now if I can just stay on the weight watchers plan for more than one day.

Enjoy your Mother's Day. DD and DS will be home this weekend. God be with you all....barnie
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:42 PM

Hi Ladies....

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to those of you who are celebrating!

Barnie, yeah, we start school late...the Wednesday after Labor Day and go until the end of June...since we are a private school we are actually finishing up a week earlier than the public schools!

We leave for the cruise on August 4 out of NYC...going to Nova Scotia! Just to get out of town for a week will be such a blessing! Can't wait to go!

YAY for your upcoming wedding! July 18 is my birthday (and hysterversary!!)...it's gonna be a great day!

Just heard from DS...he'll be home from college on Wednesday the 16th! Yay...he also is looking into studying abroad for the fall semester! Looking into France! Although he is a music major, he's minoring in French...so he's super excited!

Got both of my kiddos leaving the country this year....DD is doing a missions trip to Peru in the summer for two weeks.
Don't know if ya'll know about Brio Magazine for girls...it's put out by Focus on the Family...well, they're sponsoring the trip. It'll be interesting for her!

Well, enough for now. The church is doing a carnival this weekend to benefit an organization that assists homeless folks in the area. DD is doing a Bake Sale there to raise funds for her trip...so we gotta load the car with her cupcakes, brownies and cookies and head on over. So, I gotta run..

Again, Happy Mother's Day weekend. Make the best of it! God Bless!

Love, Audrey
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:18 PM

Hi All,
Barnie, A Wedding!! How exciting. July 18, a great day for me too (hysterversary) And what a terrific mother in law your DS wife will have!! Keep us posted on this wonderful time. Audrey, your DS and DD just sound like fantastic kids. I know you must be so proud of them.

DD and the Grandbaby over this evening. He is so sweet. I love holding (and spoiling ) him. DD feeling better but really tired from all the baby care.

I have the day off Wednesday. I am really looking forward to it. I don't have anything planned but might do some shopping and look in on DM and DF. DM broke her rib and not feeling very well. I think I'll make a beef roast and mashed potatoes.

I am enjoying have DS home for this break before he works as an intern this summer. His girlfriend taking summer classes so he probably will visit her this weekend.

Well guess I'll go for now, as it is getting late

Good Night

HappyCook
Unread 05-25-2008, 06:25 PM

Prayers please...

Ladies, I am going for a CT scan on Wednesday 5/28.

I've been having some pain and lots of discomfort on the left side for the past couple of months. Went to the doctor last week and he is a bit concerned with a possible hernia.

So, I'm having a CT scan with contrast of the pelvis and abdoman....I don't know exactly how to explain it. I noticed some bulging on the side of my incision from the bladder surgery when I had bronchitis in January. I mentioned it to DH, we've been keeping an eye on it, but the pain is sometimes so bad that I cannot lean up against the countertop when I do dishes...he insisted I go to the Doc...doc says that with all I've been through, he wants to see the CT scan results before I go to a surgeon, fearing the surgeon will rush into unnecessary surgery...

I just want to graudate from Grad school and go on my cruise without any issues...I suppose school will begin in September whether or not I am healthy...at this point, I don't really care. I'm so tired, and so DONE!

I'm feeling rather down...very negative! Any good words of encouragement from you all? Prayers? I just cannot wait for June 20...our last day for this year!

Sorry!

Love,
Audrey
Unread 05-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Prayers Yes!

Audrey,
You will be in my prayers. Let us know what happens. Have you had a lovely scan of your nether regions lately? Perhaps you just have a bit of diverticulitis or just gas. I hope all will be well with you. You have been under so much stress lately. Sometimes that just expresses itself in worrisome ways and the dr will prescribe a cruise for you. That way your cruise will be partially paid for by your insurance.

Can you ladies tell me what I am supposed to wear to my son's wedding. The colors are pale sage and cream. I am a dark (well salt and peppa) haired short chubby lady with fair skin that can really look sallow when I wear those colors. The mother of the groom is a slender blond. She is wearing champagne. Got any ideas? The wedding is the middle of July in the afternoon. Hot Hot Hot. Yikes. We all know that aint good for anyone if a hystersister gets hot.

We are planning a Hogwarts Rehearsal Dinner. Did I already tell you that? I want to make napkins in house colors, Ravenclaw=purple/silver-Gryffindor-scarlet/gold...etc. I have a suit of armor called Sir Cadogen. He will hold the Sorting Hat full of these napkins for each guest to choose. We won't make them sit at individual house tables so people wont feel disarmed, but we will give house points away to determine the doorprise winners. We will throw a gold and glitter covered pingpong ball (snitch) the guest that catches it will tell a story on the the couple. I want to prepare a JK Rowling style powerpoint to honor the couple. Do you guys have any other ideas? I am really getting into this theme.

Happy Memorial Day and thanks to all of you who served and have children who have served.
Unread 05-29-2008, 09:18 PM

Audrey, I hope that when you read this you will already have gotten a clean bill of health. I pray everything is well with you.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, I think it looks like a cruise!! Keep up your spirits. Everything will be ok.

Barnie, How talented you are to come up with such a fun rehearsal dinner!! I'm not very imaginative so I can't think of any ideas. As far as the color of the dress, Hmm, I wore a rosey pink to my older DD wedding. Any color would probably be ok as long as it doesn't clash with the sage green. Since the mother of the bride is wearing champagne, you probably wouldn't want to wear anything too colorful. I think I would enlist the help of a good friend to go and help pick out something that looked nice. Be sure to get comfortable shoes as you'll be on your feet all day and you won't want to be thinking how much your feet hurt!! I remember kicking off my shoes after everyone left the reception. What a happy time for you. I know you will look just beautiful no matter what you wear.

Well the baby is growing. He still is staying up quite a bit at night. DD is hanging in there. I remember how tired I was during those first few weeks.

I have had a pretty rough week. Last Friday I got a phone call that DM going to hospital. She has been in all week because of fluid around lung. They did a procedure that hopefully will help prevent this. Please pray that this helps. She is 90 years old and pretty weak. She is feeling better today.

Well guess I'll go for now. I'm going to try to get some sleep.

Audrey, keep us posted!!!

HappyCook

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register