Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 95 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 06-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

OH SISTERS!!

I got the news today...The CT scan shows a hernia. Fortunately it's not deep, it between the tissue layers...so the repair surgery won't be so invasive! I'm just so MAD right now.

I can't figure out when to do this. School ends for us on the 20th. So I thought then 22nd, but the DD is leaving on the 30 for her mission trip, and after what happend last summer (the hyst and punctured bladder) she is very afraid that something will go wrong and I wont be out in time (very fair concern)...

SOOO...I don't know.
Pray that I will make the right decision for everyone. I have my grad party planned for the 19th of July with a friend who is finishing with me and the cruise on the 4th of Aug...

Barnie, what a fun Rehearsal Dinner idea. Unfortunately, I haven't read the books, so I can't offer any ideas for you. I wish you had a myspace or aim so we could see the pics when it is all over...it'd be fun!!!

HappyCook, the baby will settle in when he is ready! Ahh, those days of waiting on the baby to settle into a routine! Amazing how they control our lives, isn't it!? I hope things settle in soon!

Well, my next update will be the surgery date. OH HOW I HATE THAT!! I wonder how Jesus Freak is, and LilEduK8r...they are on my mind lots lately!

Take care friends...thanks for your love, care and concern!

Audrey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Audrey, I am sorry you are having to face another surgery this summer. While I am grateful that it is repairable, do you have to have surgery? Do hernias just settle down on their own without invasive procedures? Can you wait until after your cruise if you promise to wear a girdle?
You have so much going on. I am amazed at how strong you are. It is sweet of your daughter to be concerned. DDs are so cool to have. I am grateful for my DD.

When children transition into adults, life can be very interesting. My DD is home this summer from her first year at college. She is taking 3 math classes from the community college this summer plus working as a cashier at a lumber store 30 hr a week. Her BF is a college recruiter who goes to camps to pr for the school. They haven't a hope to see each other until late August. Her only social life is hanging with the very young teens in the church youth group or with her mom and her cronies. She is a hoot to be around.

I don't trust My Space, but I do have a facebook site. I will have to ask DD how to make that available to you. She started it for me so I could keep in touch with her and DSs.
I now have several friends on there, but that is because they invited me...not sure how to do the inviting.

I took your idea< Happycook, and brought a very good friend and DD with me shopping for a mother of the groom outfit. We giggled and chose a light sage green pantsuit after DF commented that if I wore the champagne choices the wedding guest will say, "Who is that hay bale on the groom's side?" Thanks for the good advice.
Unread 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM

Hello All!!

Audrey, I am so sorry that you will have to have hernia surgery. I'm sure everything will be fine. Thank goodness you have the love and support of your family.

Barnie, I'm glad you found a nice mother of the groom outfit. This next month will be really busy and exciting for you. Planning a wedding is such a happy time.

Well, ok, I have to give you a baby update!! He is starting to smile now and soooo sweet. Thinking back when DD told me she was pregnant, I was so stressed and anxious. If only I could see ahead to what a wonderful little baby we were blessed with, I wouldn't have been so anxious!!!
The other two grandkids are wonderful too. The 5 year old GS is starting to play TBall. I went to a game last night and he looked so cute. It brought back memories of TBall games of my kids. They grow up so fast.

Gee, I don't know what is happening but I sure am having more hotflashes I wake up during the night burning up, throwing off the covers etc.

DM is getting along better now. She is not sleeping very well but is feeling and looking better. She went to Doctor today and he said the procedure he did is working.

Well, I guess I had better go for now as I have to work tomorrow early. I get busy and don't post as often as I would like but it means so much to me to hear from all of you.

HappyCook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM

Happycook, I had forgotten about your mom. I am so sorry. I often prayed for you, Audrey, JesusFreak and all. We've talked about your grandbaby and your DD. Audrey's efforts to get her masters her DD trip, and her cruise. I forgot you had mentioned your mom a couple of times. Good thing our God doesn't rely on human communication to get the news, Huh?

I hope she is much better. Sounds like you come from pretty tough stock.

Ladies, can you believe it is almost a year since we first got acquainted. We have never met face to face. We live all over the country. We have very different lives, goals and belief systems, but we are friends. I have shared many a cup of tea with you all. I have discussed topics with you that I would not have shared with many of my "face to face" friends. You have been an inspiration to me. You have displayed a caring respect for everyone on this site. You are my friends.

I hope someday we may meet. Will we know each other?
Barnie isn't even my name. Barnabus is just one of my favorite Bible characters. He was called the son of encouragement. I figured that's not a bad thing to be called, so I adopted the name. Anyway, until meet I hope we can continue our friendship. I am not sure if they will allow us to keep this site open.

Audrey mentioned My space. I have a facebook site, but DD tells me we could set up another using the user names we have adopted here. Just a thought. Enjoy your week...barnie
Unread 06-08-2008, 06:27 PM

Hello all!!

I thought I would check in as I have a few minutes. I'm babysitting the baby so DD and her boyfriend can get out for a bit. She really doesn't ask me to babysit very often so I am so happy when she does. Well, I never thought I would see the day, but I do think DD has matured since having the baby. She talks of cleaning which she had NO interest in before. She also says she might try to cook which she never had an interest in before (Just the opposite of me, I LOVE to try new recipes, read cookbooks etc. And the other day we went out to Starbucks and she actually offered to pay half (which of course I declined). And most important she takes very good care of the baby.

DS called today. He is interning at a accounting firm this summer and they had a lot of flooding. Other apartments in his area were flooded but his was spared. God must have really been looking out for him.

Barnie, the facebook sounds great but you will have to give me instructions on how to join. I don't know much about the internet but I'm sure one of the kids would help me with it. I would LOVE to see pictures of the rehearsal and wedding!!!! Keep us posted!! Thanks for asking about Mom. She's doing better each day. We went to visit her today. My oldest DD decorated her door for July 4th with flags and stars. She was so happy with it.

Well you know when it was so cold and snowing I was dreaming about summer? Well it is here full force. It got up the mid nineties today. I'm not complaining though, I love summer!!

Well, guess I had better go. I'm going to see if the baby will wake up for a bit.

HappyCook
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Update

So, here it is...Hernia surgery will be on Jul 15...3 days shy of the hyst surgery! I cannot tell you how UPSET I am that this has to be done. I have been crying all day! What bugs me most is that this really is getting in the way of my entire summer and everything I had planned. I guess I have not yet learned my lesson and God is giving me a good shake again! I don't know, but I'm pretty down!!

Good news, I guess, is that I'll be able to take DD to the airport for her missions trip, and the surgery won't be until after she returns. Also, I can complete the first of two choices for the summer class. So when the surgery is done, I will have met all the requirements for Master's Degree.

I'm so bummed that my PARTY will have to be put off. A friend and I were planning on the 19th, but I won't be able to do it then. The party was supposed to be at my house, that def won't happen! I don't know when we will be able to do it: perhaps the 26th, don't know since that's only 11 days post-op; we return on the 9th fron the cruise; the 16th is the DD Sweet 16 party and by the 25th DS will be returning to college. OF COURSE I want both of them there.

So, I'm thinking that maybe it'll have to wait until May of '09 when I "walk"...Stupid, but we are not allowed to walk as a graduate until we have completed all requirements and my college only does one ceremony. So, it's gonna be a year later. Guess I'm gonna have to settle for that!!

Anyway, you don't want to hear my sulking...just wanted to let you know. Prayers please.
Unread 06-09-2008, 08:25 PM

Of course we want to hear your sulkcesses as well as your success. I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I was hoping it could be postponed.

I wish I could take you to lunch, go shopping and take in a chick flick. Sounds like you need some celebrating right now. Oh my, I don't know what I would do if I had to dread another surgery.

You will be in my prayers....barnie
Unread 06-09-2008, 09:42 PM

Oh Audrey, I am so sorry you are going to have surgery again. Of course you are in my prayers. I too wish I could be there to help you out. It sounds as though you have timed everything well. You are going to be so ready for that cruise! Keep your spirits up, I'm sure everything will work out and you'll be good as new in no time!! We are all pulling for you, you have just hit a little bump in the road. Maybe you'll still be able to have the party You really earned it. You have really worked hard and have leaped over other bumps. You'll do the same with this. You are a wonderful, caring and hard working person. I am so blessed to have known at least this part of you. Your family is very lucky to have you in there lives and I'm sure you feel so proud of all your kids has accomplished with your love and support. Audrey, you are one special lady and don't you forget it either. Try not to get down, the best parties are sometimes planed in a short time I wish I could come and help out!!! Just remember, you are going to do this and everything is going to work out.

Well, guess I'll go for know. I have a long shift tomorrow at work so probably won't have time to post. Hang in there also Barnie with all the wedding preparations. I do envy you, that is a very fun and exciting time (along with stress of course) I wish I could help you out also! I wish we didn't live all over the country.

Take care and have a happy Tuesday.

HappyCook
Unread 06-13-2008, 04:28 PM

Can I just say?

I just LOVE the two of you! Thank you for our love and support! I so wish we lived 'nearby'...a real hug would be so wonderful right now!

Anyway, I feel it through the 'net. Wish I could celebrate your wonderful fun times right now with both of you...Barnie's wedding and Happy's baby...oh HOW I LOVE WEDDINGS AND BABIES!! Lucky for me a we have a co-worker's daughter being married in two weeks and my cousin had a baby on April 4!!

HEHEHEHEHE...LOL...oh the memories. Well, with DS a junior in college now I'm hoping my time for BOTH of those celebrations are not in the 'too' far future (I do realize it may be a couple of years though-and I really don't want to rush it)...although he shows NO interest in dating right now. UGH...but better to concentrate on the studies right now, right??!?!???!!?!

DD wants a boyfriend, but is happy to concentrate on Peru right now. Can't believe she leaves in 2 weeks!!! Keep her in your prayers....I'll be reminding you! I know I'll be a wreck!

LOL...well, again, I love both of you...and anyone else who happens to be lurking but not responding! OH I did get in touch with Cathy (lil'eduk8r...her wedding is next week!!!)...trying to get her to log on here to say HI...she did say to say HI to anyone who was still around. Thinking of trying to contact JesusFreak to see what's up with her and her health...Concerned about that.

OK gotta go...dinner is ready here. And homework after that!

love ya'll...and Happy Father's Day to the Dad's in your lives!

Audrey :-)
Unread 06-17-2008, 05:43 PM

Hi All!!

Audrey, I'm so happy to hear about Cathy's wedding. Thanks for keeping us posted. Be sure to keep us up to date on your daughter's trip. You must be so proud of her. She sounds like such a wonderful daughter. Don't worry about her, God will look out for her (and you on your upcoming surgery).
Barnie, I hope the wedding plans are coming along good. I love weddings too!

I had a really good weekend. DS came home from his job in Columbus for the fathers day weekend. All the kids and grandkids came over for dinner. It's good when we can all get together. I am looking forward to going to a couple of cooking classes this week. A kitchen store here brings in celebrity chefs for classes sometimes and a coworker and I just love to go!!!!! It's fun as we learn to make new recipes and get to eat them as well.

Well guess I had better go for now. I just got off of work and still have to go grocery shopping yet this evening.

Have a good Wednesday!!!!

HappyCook

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register