Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 - Page 96 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007 Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Unread 06-18-2008, 06:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Jul 16-Jul 23,2007

Good evening Friends...

I cannot tell you how sad I am tonight. A co-worker just lost her [21 year-old] daughter to brain cancer! The daughter left behind a 4 year-old daughter of her own. Our entire school is devastated!

Another co-worker (and pastor's family) is planning their daughter's wedding for next week. It all seems surreal. One family is planning a funeral while the other is planning a wedding. :confuse:

And me, mine to go to Peru and who knows what could happen. We all know, and have faith, that when God calls you home, it's time. He has plans for each of us and we know not what they are. Doesn't make it easy for us left behind, though, does it!?

I'm doing well. Thanks so much for your letters, and your uplifting notes! You have no idea how much it means to me! I finished the first of two summer sessions last night...praise God for that. That means I only have one course left to do...8 more classes. I told DD today that when she returns from Peru, I'll be done with school! We both held each other in the kitchen and cried! Remember, she's only 15...how blessed am I?????

Barnie, hope the wedding plans are moving along and that the family is excited! Need to figure out how to get hold of those pics!!

HappyCook...cooking classes...sounds like something I could use...I'm in such a rut, it's really pathetic! DS has been doing dinner since he's been home from college. Told him I'm gonna miss him when he returns in August!!! How's that DGS doing? I'll bet it's hard to keep your hands off of him!! LOL!!!

OK...gotta get going. Still have work in the morning...TWO more days of school...we are done on Friday the 20th! Unfortunately, we have a staff luncheon after the kids leave, and I know it will be bittersweet without our co-worker there...it's the day of her daughter's wake! UGH...what a tough day it'll be!

Night...Love you all!

Meeeee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Just joined facebook...now what??? It seems so confusing!
Unread 06-23-2008, 11:13 PM

Phew! We just got home from Colorado Springs, where we moved our kids to from La Junta. Just the four of us against a piano, reclining sofas, dressers, bookshelves and a U-Haul truck packed full. We picked up the truck at 8:00 AM, drove to La Junta, loaded it, drove back (2 1/2 hrs) to the Springs and unloaded it then had the truck back by 8 PM.

The kids were hard workers and a lot of fun to work with. We have to do this again next week for the other boy and his bride. I'm too old for this.

Audrey, I am so sorry for you and your friend horrific loss. It is so hard to have someone in so much pain. They are fortunate to have your friendship and support. I know you will be there for them even if it is just to listen to their repeated stories.

Has your DD left yet for Peru? What a cool experience for her coupled with a lovely and loving cause. You must be a wonderful mom to have raised a child to give of herself like that. I pray for you often.

As to the facebook. On the left of your profile page there is a search bar. Type in Barnie Bussa. I created a new account so you can find be by the name you are used to. I am with the Billings, Mt. group. This should be fun.

We have been friends for a year now. You all have been a lovely part of my life. I hope we can share some more in this format.

Happycook , Jesusfreak and so on, feel free to check this facebook thing out. It is pretty cool and considered to be safer than My Space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2008, 12:32 PM

Hello everybody!!

Sorry it has been a while since I have posted. I am on vacation for the next week so hopefully I'll have time to check in more often.

Audrey, I am so sorry about your co-worker's loss. I cannot think of anything more terrible than the loss of a child. Is you surgery coming up. I'll be thinking of you. I know you'll do just fine.

Gosh, Barnie it sounds like you have been busy with all the moving. It wears me out just thinking about it. Keep us posted on the wedding plans. I bet you are busy with that now too.

Baby Update!! He weighs in now at 11 lbs 4 oz and is smiling a lot. DD really a good mother. I'm really proud of her. She is also asking me about recipes and says she wants to try her hand at cooking.

Well guess I'll go for now. I'll try to check out the facebook but I'm not too swift on things like that so I don't know if I'll be able to post there.

HappyCook
Unread 06-29-2008, 12:58 PM

Hi HappyCook...

Been crazy here...DD leaves tomorrow morning for Miami and then her trip to Peru. Nervous NOW because she and DS were involved in a motor vehicle accident (my son rear-ended someone) yesterday afternoon. They are both fine, but DD got pretty banged up. She has scrapes on her arm and leg, bruises on her shoulder from the safety belt, and she complained of her ear hurting. Turns out that she has an inner ear infection (which we found out at the hopsital), so she is now on antibiotics. Praise God and I honestly DO MEAN PRAISE HIM that it was not more serious!! Fortunately we think the other driver is fine as well.

Long story short, it's been crazy here, jockeying cars around, rearranging plans, and running around picking up last minute items for the trip.

She returns on the 13th, and my surgery is sceduled for the 15th. I just pray all goes better this time than last year! Everyone tells me that the hernia surgery is a 'oiece of cake' compared to the hyst...but that was supposed to be relatively routine as well...so who knows what to believe anymore?

Sorry, I'm feeling kind of poopy...with the accident, her leaving, and beginning the last of my grad school class tomorrow. I'll be ready to celebrate on the 10th...then welcome her home on the 13th! Wish you all could be here to celebrate with a glass of wine with me!

So happy to hear about the baby update! He's going so fast! Keep the info coming!

Facebook is great. Barnie and I have been posting there...it's not that difficult at all. Let us know when you give it a try!

Well, I gotta go. DD is yelling for me to help her finalize the packing.
Unread 06-29-2008, 02:29 PM

Hey Happycook! I guess it is just the three of us still posting. If ANYONE else is out there, check in. We would love to hear from you.

FACEBOOK: I set up an account under the name you have gotten to know me by. Barnie Bussa. I wasn't sure if Hystersisters would mind if I posted my real name, so this seemed to be the safest. After you register for facebook, just search for Barnie Bussa of the Billings, MT area. After that, I can invite you to my real facebook site, then Audrey can invite you from there. Make sense?
This site is pretty safe. It is up to you how much others can see. You can post a picture of yourself, or not. You can send fun thing via internet like hugs, cyberspace pets, bumper stickers that can make you laugh or mad... If someone wants to accept these thing, it is up to them. If you are sent something you don't want don't accept it. If you do accept it but wish you had not, just delete it.
I'm still pretty careful about what I put on there cuz it allow others a chance to get into someone else's file, who may not have been as discreet. So I just handle it all pretty carefully.
All in all, it is lots of fun and a chance for us to continue our friendships. I feel so close to you. It has been fun to see what Audrey looks like and share in her lighthearted fun.

AUDREY: Prayers your way. I'm sorry you had such a scare. God took care of your little ones then, He won't forsake you now. I hope your DD has a wonderful time. Will your DS's insurance cover the damages. You need a good book, a cup of tea, no homework, no obligations and a lovely cruise. Cruise Cruise. Just keep repeating Cruise....Cruise.....
Unread 06-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Cruise...
Crusie...
Cruise...
Cruise...

It's gettin' closer!!!

36 days...but who's counting?!?!
Unread 06-29-2008, 02:49 PM

LOL You are a :clown2: I'm counting with you.

A young woman from church came in today with a lovely tan. She spent one week in Alaska, then flew down to the Caribbean for a week. She had to come home to receive some serious ribbing delivered with love and fueled be just a little light hearted jealousy. It is good to be in a family like that.
Unread 06-29-2008, 04:07 PM

I love it!!!
Unread 07-04-2008, 05:46 AM
Fourth of July

Just stoping by to wish you a HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!

I heard from DD in Peru. She's sad. She misses home! BUT she knows she is doing God's work and that she will make a difference in not only her own life but in the life of someone else.

SO,on this day of Freedom, please remember in your prayers, not only DD (Kaity), but all of our missionaries...and LET'S NOT FORGET OUR SOLDIERS!!

Don't eat too many hot dogs today!

*Hugs*

PS If you'd like to see what they are doing there...go to Briomag[dot]com/missions

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register