Fighting off Boredom | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fighting off Boredom Fighting off Boredom

Unread 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Fighting off Boredom

How you are fighting off boredom as you recover? I want to go do something, but if I'm up more than 1-2 hours I hurt and the bleeding gets worse. Plus I have to time everything around when I know the pain meds will be working at their peak.

I play on my laptop most of the time and am not a big TV person, can't concentrate long enough to read a book (which is something I usually spend a lot of time doing.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Fighting off Boredom

I couldn't concentrate to read either unless it was something fluffy like a People or an US magazine. I have a Nintendo DS and I treated myself to a new game for that. Nintendo is a great time passer. Before you know it, you have wasted hours really doing nothing. But still had the attention span of a gnat with the bladder of a hamster. I watched my favorite shows. Got all addicted to Crossing Jordan. Never watched it before and now its cancelled. Judge Judy is good...lol. I DVR them because I lose interest if commercials are involved. I spend a lot of time here on the computer. I organized my budget in a tiny binder. And thats about the extent of it.

Didn't feel well enough and don't have the money while on leave to shop. Can't window shop...that NEVER works.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Fighting off Boredom

And there is ALWAYS some kind of Law & Order on!

I think you might be trying to read stuff that is good for you! now is the time to read all that brainless [email protected] that you would normally be ashamed to be seen reading...

"Is that as Romance novel??"

"It [cough cough] must be the drugs!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Fighting off Boredom

Yeah, I watch a lot of the 'judge' shows by day when here. Today I actually had a coworker pick me up and drop me off at work and I went to a 1.5 hour meeting and I survived quite well. I get so nervous/crazy sitting still. My doctor would not have approved, I'm sure. I just popped 3 iboprophen before I left and I'm still feeling 'ok' except for a sore area behind one knee but no one ever sees red or swelling and so I let it be and try not to worry about it. I've also posted elsewhere that I read as many tabloid type magazines as possible, plus other ones about celebrities, health......I used to like crosswords but think i'd have trouble concentrating right now. At the meeting I did feel spacey today even though I hadn't taken any pain meds. The nurse who called last week said it can take a couple of weeks to get all that anesthesia out of the body. HmmmmmmmmmI'm going round and round, aren't I? What else to pass time? I write thank yous. I dream how I'd like to change everything around in the townhouse. I walk to go water a plant w/a measuring cup instead of the heavy pitchers I usually use. I read the paper. Listen to music? If you can be up one hour w/not a lot of pain, maybe take a little walk close to the house? I do half mile laps and they take about a half hour and then i come rest again. I talk on the phone a lot, too. Gabby me.

Okay. I'll let you rest, now. I hope all the sisters can give you some good ideas. Good luck fighting the boredom. I want to drive SO bad but I know from trying to just go to a store w/daughter Saturday that it was tooooo much toooooo soon. Owie. You are smart to stay nearer to home base.

E. P.S. my water ratio for a half mile lap is a 16.9 oz bottle of water........i make sure i fill the bottle and drink the entire thing by the time i get back home. Thanks to all who are recommending water w/the walking.
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Fighting off Boredom

I'm a scrapbooker, with never enough time to scrapbook. My DH brought up all my scrapbook bags to my bedroom and set up a table. My goal is to complete 2 pages a day, so I'm not hunched over the table for too long. I feel like I'm getting something done, but it's still very sedentary
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Fighting off Boredom

dear elefante, I hope you have a Good Boss. Going to any work at all can endanger your short term disability status if you have a boss dragon....
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Hi, lalawoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
dear elefante, I hope you have a Good Boss. Going to any work at all can endanger your short term disability status if you have a boss dragon....
I don't have short term disability; I teach at a local college and so had to give up my extra summer pay. My doctor knows from a cerclage 15 years ago how stubborn and ornery I can be. Anyway, it worked out....thanks for the warning for other sisters,.....gotta RUN! Not literally.....E. A co worker just brought me a feast!
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Fighting off Boredom

Food Network is great TV now and again. I have NetFlix also and I anticipate being able to catch up on all those girlie type movies that my DH won't watch. I also draw and paint but never get an opportunity during the normal course of my regular hectic life. My watercolors are calling me and I can't wait until I have the energy to focus on a painting.
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Fighting off Boredom

This is the first day I have been left totally alone. I was happy not to have DH peeking in every few minutes to check on me but I found myself bored. Bought a counted cross stitch the other day but like most don't have the concentration to read or sitich.
I cannot wait until I can drive and I need some movies I think!!!
I just wish I could be more productive
Donna
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:55 PM
Fighting off Boredom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalawoman
Nasty little dragon eggs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register