Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 07-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Hi ladies,
I am soooo frustrated. I kept my ovaries, and from what I can tell they ARE working, but my moodiness is getting the best of me... and unfortunately my family too!

I do get hot easily, but I have always been that way since I was a child.... so I really don't think I'm in surgical menopause or anything... but I haven't talked to my doc about it yet.

I've been biting my poor dh's head off whenever possible... not even sure why really.... it just seems that everything is bugging me... it seems that I have two primary moods right now

1) Grouchy & 2) Totally bummed

I can't wait to get back to my bubbly self... does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 09:01 AM

dear desiree I have been going through extreme moodiness too -- my surgery was a little earlier.

the only thing I can say is dont beat yourself up over this -- you have enough on your shoulders already. You deserve kindness, including from yourself!

I am sending you a great big
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:10 AM

thanks .... it's funny that you told me not to beat myself up over this... 'cause that's exactly what I've been doing... trying not to, but finding it hard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2007, 09:17 AM

dear dolphin, I knew that was what you were doing because I have been doing the exact same thing.

even admitting to it just now, made me all teary. It is difficult enough for us to process these huge changes in our bodies and our lives without dumping on ourselves for not being all flipping perky while we deal with it!

I think we are doing great just surviving from day to day. one day we will suddenly realize we hit perky for a second, and then after that the perky will get longer. but for now, pollyanna just has to live at some other house, and that just has to be okay!
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:34 AM

i too had those feeling and lala is sooooo right STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP about it because that is what really makes it worse for me the worse i felt (mad or sad) the more i would try to get out of it and the more i would beat myself up for not being able too (among all the other 25 billion reasons) finally i would just take it as it come if i was mad fine i would be mad i am a stay at home mom of a 4 year little boy so i would just tell him mama is having a moment so i'm going in here and you play in there i'll let you know when it is over and i would make sure he had everything he needed for the moment then i would find a spot and just breathe or come to hystersisters and read something and the same if i was sad or whatever i would do the same thing with DH too and when i started doing that just excepting the mood and rolling with it they didn't last as long i still get the mood swings but not nearly as bad as they were and when i went to the dr last wk i had her check my hormone levels to make sure my ovaries are working i'm still waiting for the results so just try to take it easy i will be thinking about you good luck
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:39 AM

ladyinlimbo,
I hadnt' thought about having my doc check my hormone levels...thanks for the idea!! I keep expecting that because I HAVE my ovaries that they ARE definitely working... and honestly, I don't know if they are or not.

And lalawoman, your post made me laugh... thanks I reallllly needed that... even if it is just a little giggle

I'm just so tired of feeling lost and aggravated all the time... I am totally glad I had the surgery done... just want it better already... yeah I know... I'm being impatient
Unread 07-18-2007, 09:59 AM

Weird
I was wondering for myself why Desiree wasn't posting her usual cheery posts. Hope you get over the hurdle. Mine are more like crying jags....sadness, isn't being mad
Donna
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Donna,
I have had a few of those too, but not that often. I just get really bummed.... where I don't want to be around anyone or do anything. I'm hoping that my doc will put in a referral for the on-post counselor... I can't go talk to anyone unless they refer me... it's the Army way (and most other docs too I s'pose). Not even sure it'll help, just need to try something... unfortunately I don't see the doc till the 30th and everytime my dh or I call... they just say that I need to relax and focus on healing and not worry so much. So frustrating.
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:25 AM

Hello Ladies: I am right there with you!!! I know my ovaries are in shock and I wish I could figure out a way to give them a little shock into working again. My BF and family are feeling the wrath of my moodiness. I am headed to th Dr. to get my hormone levels checked also. I am usually positive and bubbly, but now I am gloomy and angry all the time!!

Hang in there, know you are not alone and as hard as it is sometimes, do not beat yourself up!!!!
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:28 AM

Its hard for us women not to put too much pressure on ourselves. We are used to being in control and handling everything!! I too kept my ovaries. My surgery was 6/27/97 and I am still feeling completely frustrated with mood and extreme sadness. I feel like I want to hide from the world. I used to be very social. Hopefully its just hormonal and will kick in when our ovaries decice too. Just hang in there you are not alone. Big hug to you!
PS Last comic standing is on tonight-maybe a couple laughs will help even if only temporary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register