Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody... Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Unread 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Kept both ovaries, EXTREMELY moody...

Haven't found anything yet to help with the sleep.... even the over the counter stuff is addictive.... I wake up about every hour now.... hopefully it will get better soon, only time will tell

worked my first 12 hr straight day today.... kicked my butt!!! Usually I get some sort of break.... today I was going all day long.... well, I did get out to eat lunch... but didn't feel much like a break, we were talking about work issues LOL

I hope everyone is doing well... MISS You Gals!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2007, 09:21 PM

Just popping in, glad your sort of ok Desiree, praying for sleep for you!!!!
12 hrs is a long shift, what do you do for the armed forces? Do you wear one of those pretty spiffy uniforms I see on us troop on tv??? love to know......any way must go and finish office work before have to collect 2 yds from school at 2pm today as they are now on 2weeks holiday from today.........so here's hoping we have some fun these holidays and I find some inner energy for this 2weeks!!!!!

Kftnana, Term holidays - we do not seem to holiday as some do, we have holiday house and spend time there but with running own business we don't seem to plan a "destination" holiday although my kids would love to have one they love the idea of air travel, (I'd like to spend the money on finishing our never ending renovation of this house!!!!!) so for us it's holiday house destination or day trips, movies, friends over, youngest ds is hoping for good swimming weather as sometime we do have 25+ C days in holidays, then when kids go back to school they have I think a further 8weeks or so back then Christmas Break for 6 weeks.....so we have 4 terms broken into 8-12 terms with 2wks term breaks and 6wk xmas.......pretty much throughout Australia same thing I think, just dates differ.... now your dgd knows about Australia........how does your school year work???

Look forward to catching up.....

Hope you are all doing well........hope to hear from you all soon!!!

Kerrie
Unread 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM

Kerrie,

Yep, I wear one of those uniforms I am currently a Staff Sergeant... kinga in the upper middle as far as responsibilities. I recently changed where I work on the Army Post... but mostly I do administrative type stuff.... lots of running around also.... always trying to get stuff done for the guys in charge. I'm the "go to" person to get stuff done.... especially if you want it done quickly LOL I'm very much a perfectionist and it's gotten me far in the Army.

So how have you been feeling... any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Kerrie - re: school terms

In my county in Maryland (and it does vary from county to county) - kids start the last week in August and go until mid June, this year it's June 12. They have 10 weeks off in summer.
The kids have off a week of Christmas thru New Year's and week before Easter thru Monday after. They also have days off here and there throughout the school year - for Teachers' Professional Days, a couple Federal Holidays, and depending on when they are - 2 Jewish holidays in Sept. They also have 5 snow days built in - in case school is closed for that! [Thing is - if we don't use them - they don't get out earlier in June!] All together, they are to be in school 180 days a school year.

It sounds a bit crazy - but after a few years (!) you get used to it!!

Hope this finds your crew enjoying their holiday.

Unread 09-22-2007, 07:42 PM

Hi everyone. Just dropping in to say hi. We also used to start school the last week in August but this year they changed it to right after Labor Day which I like better probably because that is what I did growing up in NY. I wish the schools would close for the jewish holidays up here in the Poconos but they don't so the kids always have to take off when the holidays fall during the week. We also have snow days built in and usually use the allotment plus more. They actually only give us a 5 day weekend for Easter. So even with the later start they will be getting out the first week of June unless we have more snow days that allotted.

Debbie - I was surprised to see the school closes for the Jewish holidays, I honestly thought only New York did that. Up here they actually forget and have actually planned parent orientations on Yom Kippur which for those of you who don't know is the Day of Atonement and the most religious holiday in the Jewish religion.

Dolphin - Your position in the armed forces sounds like fun. I never joined but did think about it when I was in high school. I totally understand about the lack of sleep. A good night for me is 4 hours straight which is very rare. I don't remember if I mentioned it but I sometimes use melatonin which is a natural vitamin (as far as I know it is not addicting). Have you ever tried it? My dh uses it too and feels it helps him a lot.

Kerrie - I hope you and the boys are enjoying their time off.

Everyone enjoy the rest of their weekend.
Unread 09-22-2007, 08:47 PM
re: school holidays

Quote:
Originally Posted by poconowoman
Hi everyone. Just dropping in to say hi. We also used to start school the last week in August but this year they changed it to right after Labor Day which I like better probably because that is what I did growing up in NY.

Debbie - I was surprised to see the school closes for the Jewish holidays, I honestly thought only New York did that. Up here they actually forget and have actually planned parent orientations on Yom Kippur which for those of you who don't know is the Day of Atonement and the most religious holiday in the Jewish religion.
Hi Pocono-
Here, in Montgomery County, we have started the Tues. after Labor Day at times in the past; but it's been several years since that has happened.
We have a high enough Jewish population in this county, so that is why Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur effect school dates. However, the next county north of us they do not close, so kids there 'just have to miss.' However, they get a day off for the fair - go figure!

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Unread 09-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Just checkin' in! Hope all is well with you all!
Unread 09-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Hi Ladies -

Hope everybody is enjoying the weekend. It is beautiful here. Of course, it also means my allergies are going beserk!

How is everyone recovering and handling being back at work?

Unread 09-30-2007, 06:38 PM

hi everybody! just checking up on all of you -- and thank you nana for checking on me!'

been on the rollercoaster up and down and was sick last week (how strange it was to be sick from something in the upper half of the body! a pleasant change.)

happy to be on the up side of the roller coaster this week -- at least to start. dolphin, I couldnt do a twelve hour day if it included the recliner!! you must be doing great to be making it!

I hope everyone is well.

love lala
Unread 09-30-2007, 08:29 PM

Hi Lala,

VERY glad to hear from you!

Sorry to hear you have been on the roller coaster - it is very possible that we have been in the same amusement park lately. [I got into my primary last Wed., gave him my laundry list of symptoms, and he gave me an anti-depressant. He said it should help most of the symptoms, both depression-wise and menopausal. I sure hope so, but it will take a while longer before we know for sure.]

If you have been on a different ride - hope you were able to get off and take a break!

stay in touch!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register